• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Barbarians 27 May 2008

I think Ireland took a new approach to this game, a mostly 2nd string Irish side tore apart a very lowly geared Barbarian "Team" in a very impressive manner. Irelands defence was much adhorred by the baas and their open attacking play just brought a sence of flare, maybe showing us that this new generation of young Irish players (Fitzgereld etc) are not only talanted, but able to finish off any poor opposition in style.

The trip down under will prove very little, as the Munster lads will want to be laying upon bench chairs soaking up the summer sun after a very intence Hcup, I dont see ireland beating the ABs, but it should be a very good contest!

Unless Bradley completely f***s everything up, we should beat the All Blacks. We have a side full of confidence after winning the HEC and ML as well as beating the Barbarians in the fashion that we did against a second string NZ side. We Have to win.

maybe showing us that this new generation of young Irish players (Fitzgereld etc) are not only talanted, but able to finish off any poor opposition in style.[/b]
Yeah, that's a good point.

Beat the ABs? Would be just like the Irish - do it when it doesn't fuggin' matter.

Unless Bradley completely f***s everything up, we should beat the All Blacks. We have a side full of confidence after winning the HEC and ML as well as beating the Barbarians in the fashion that we did against a second string NZ side. We Have to win. [/b]
I agree...it's sort of our match to lose.

Unless Bradley completely f***s everything up, we should beat the All Blacks. We have a side full of confidence after winning the HEC and ML as well as beating the Barbarians in the fashion that we did against a second string NZ side. We Have to win.
[/b]
:lol:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Sir Speedys little chuckle. The Irish boys are becoming slightly deluded after a meaning less win over a pathetic Baa Baa`s team. I`d bet my house on the AB`s winning comfortably, its a forgone conclusion, isnt it? Anyone remember the debacle at HQ?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Sir Speedys little chuckle. The Irish boys are becoming slightly deluded after a meaning less win over a pathetic Baa Baa`s team. I`d bet my house on the AB`s winning comfortably, its a forgone conclusion, isnt it? Anyone remember the debacle at HQ? [/b][/quote]
It's more than a win over the Barbarians. The Barbarians match just proved that the future of Irish Rugby is promising and there are a lot of good players to build on. Also, we've got the European Champions and the Magners League Champions forming the national team. On the other hand, we have an All Black side depleted of some of it's greats and struggling to find a new identity. Ireland, I would have to say are going into this match with the advantage.

i don't believe they will challenge the Ab's or Australia. Southern hemisphere rugby still has to much class.

i don't believe they will challenge the Ab's or Australia. Southern hemisphere rugby still has to much class. [/b]
Aus? Last time round they got hammered by Ireland.

And SA was a comfortable win for us.

The RWC was a giant dog turd, but we're hoping that was just one poop in a field of dreams. The ABs will be a doddle.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
I have to agree with Sir Speedys little chuckle. The Irish boys are becoming slightly deluded after a meaning less win over a pathetic Baa Baa`s team. I`d bet my house on the AB`s winning comfortably, its a forgone conclusion, isnt it? Anyone remember the debacle at HQ? [/b][/quote]
It's more than a win over the Barbarians. The Barbarians match just proved that the future of Irish Rugby is promising and there are a lot of good players to build on. Also, we've got the European Champions and the Magners League Champions forming the national team. On the other hand, we have an All Black side depleted of some of it's greats and struggling to find a new identity. Ireland, I would have to say are going into this match with the advantage.
[/b][/quote]
Really? Have Ireland actually ever beaten New Zealand? (I'm not having a go, I'm just not sure). Home advantage still says to me that NZ will win. I think they'd win in Croke Park is well to be honest. Australia and New Zealand put two of their teams in the Super 14 final, so I guess that they should be firm favourites because of this fact alone? I myself cannot see Ireland come close to New Zealand, although they may give Australia a challenge if they show up like they did against the Baa Baa's. I think Kidney's targets should be to beat the French, and that alone right now.

No...Ireland have never beat New Zealand. Still, there is a first time for everything, and I think that NOW is that time.

After today's GP final with Wasps surely Eoin Reddin will be the #1 Ireland Scrumhalf, right? Does anyone know?

No...Ireland have never beat New Zealand. Still, there is a first time for everything, and I think that NOW is that time.

After today's GP final with Wasps surely Eoin Reddin will be the #1 Ireland Scrumhalf, right? Does anyone know?
[/b]
Isn't he your no. 1 scrum-half anyway? :/ He's light-years ahead of Stringer and Boss, so I'd be very surprised if he's benched for the Summer games.

<div class='quotemain'> i don't believe they will challenge the Ab's or Australia. Southern hemisphere rugby still has to much class. [/b]

The RWC was a giant dog turd, but we're hoping that was just one poop in a field of dreams. The ABs will be a doddle.
[/b][/quote]

England will challenge us as they come to NZ as overwhelming favourites ( :mellow: ) but we'll roll Ireland by 35+ I guarantee that.

Ireland beating NZ? I think the last WC has disillusioned a few people. [/b]
Yeah, they threw themselves off bridges all over Auckland. The fools - NZ will probably reach the 1/4 finals again.

<div class='quotemain'> Ireland beating NZ? I think the last WC has disillusioned a few people. [/b]
Yeah, they threw themselves off bridges all over Auckland. The fools - NZ will probably reach the 1/4 finals again.
[/b][/quote]
HELLO, this is New Zealand you are playing and you are Ireland. Remember you were not very good in the 6 nations, awfull in the world cup and beat the poorest Barbarians team in history by only 20 points. TheAll Blacks away will be impossible to win, can you please get that into your heads!!

To be honest Munster have a better chance of beating the AB's in the Autumn than Ireland do but Ireland have never had a better chance of beating the AB's. Eddie and his conservatism is gone and All of our players seem to be hitting good form at the moment, If BOD is in the right state of mind and POC is the captain we have the best chance we have ever had of beating the All Blacks.

To be honest Munster have a better chance of beating the AB's in the Autumn than Ireland do but Ireland have never had a better chance of beating the AB's. Eddie and his conservatism is gone and All of our players seem to be hitting good form at the moment, If BOD is in the right state of mind and POC is the captain we have the best chance we have ever had of beating the All Blacks.
[/b]
I`d love to see it and Im not trying to antagonise any Irish members but it has to be a comfortable victory for the All Blacks.In NZ even the Provincial teams are too dynamic in the loose for our NH teams at the moment. I really think you are underestimating the strength of this new NZ team.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Ireland beating NZ? I think the last WC has disillusioned a few people. [/b]
[/b][/quote]
HELLO, this is New Zealand you are playing and you are Ireland. Remember you were not very good in the 6 nations, awfull in the world cup and beat the poorest Barbarians team in history by only 20 points. TheAll Blacks away will be impossible to win, can you please get that into your heads!! [/b][/quote]
What we have in our heads is the fact that we almost beat the greatest AB team EVER on their home patch two years ago (actually it was a team selected from their best squad EVER).

This time round they have to rebuild, and we're hoping we already have rebuilt.

To the brave and faithful ...

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> i don't believe they will challenge the Ab's or Australia. Southern hemisphere rugby still has to much class. [/b]

[/b][/quote]

England will challenge us as they come to NZ as overwhelming favourites ( :mellow: ) but we'll roll Ireland by 35+ I guarantee that. [/b][/quote]

What a joke. I love listening to NZ commentry, for such a small nation, you sure do love to boast! Ireland will challange both teams, and could very easily beat either on the day. This statistic of ireland never beating NZ is a laughable gulf of air that means absolutly NOTHING when it comes to professional rugby.

It is an era of pro rugby, and believe you me, Rugby in Ireland is growing rapidly along with the development of youth players. NZ isnt that good of a team, my advice, dont reply when you stop choking :bravo:

Latest posts