• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs. Barbarians 27 May 2008

HELLO, this is New Zealand you are playing and you are Ireland. Remember you were not very good in the 6 nations, awfull in the world cup and beat the poorest Barbarians team in history by only 20 points. TheAll Blacks away will be impossible to win, can you please get that into your heads!! [/b]
HELLO, we're feckin' Irish...can you please get that into your head!!

<div class='quotemain'> i don't believe they will challenge the Ab's or Australia. Southern hemisphere rugby still has to much class. [/b]
Aus? Last time round they got hammered by Ireland.

And SA was a comfortable win for us.

The RWC was a giant dog turd, but we're hoping that was just one poop in a field of dreams. The ABs will be a doddle.
[/b][/quote]

Well i'll give you the Aussie one but the South African team was useless, almost every player played out of position and it was mainly a second string squad. They had Habana at centre, wtf :blink: It certainly wasnt the best the Boks had offer, or even close to it..

Thats not a good excuse. They still got beaten, in quite some style i might say. Anyway, Irish rugby only has one way to go at the moment. Right.

after seein the AB squad announced i find it laughable that some members think that the ABs will win by 30 points or more :p the idea that leinster won the magners league and munster won the european championship is a fair good sign for irish rugby. graham henry did not choose many of the crusaders players so saying that a new zealand team won the super 14 final doesn't mean much in my opinion. the irish did beat a below average baa baas outfit but it was the style in which they did this. they played with enough skill to take on an adventurous approach. yes ireland havent beaten the ABs EVER but that counts for nothing as we're in the pro era where ireland have made great strides since the days of players goin to the pub right before a test match. but let me make it clear, i do not underestimate the ABs and it will be bloody tough for ireland to win this. however, to say ireland do not have a chance is quite silly. i do think that england have gotten themselves into a rough patch with quite a few injuries and after seeing the baa baas game i dont think they should bother heading down under. i dont want to see or hear about another game like the french C team that went down last year yikes!

the idea that leinster won the magners league and munster won the european championship is a fair good sign for irish rugby...however, to say ireland do not have a chance is quite silly.[/b]
Sorry to paraphrase you, but I think those statements are the sentiment some of us have been trying to express. It's not that I'm so convinced that Ireland are going down South to slaughter the AB's as much as I think that logically now is very good timing for us to get a win.

Thats not a good excuse. They still got beaten, in quite some style i might say. Anyway, Irish rugby only has one way to go at the moment. Right.
[/b]

:blink: what is a good excuse then? playing 9 of the 15 players out of position, many of who wouldnt normally start anyway.

This is Ireland best chance ever to beat the All Black and they will not get slaughtered if it was a home match ide back Ireland but seeing as its away i think New Zealend will win by around 7 points. The people predicting New Zealend to win by 30 points are deluded the All Blacks team is rebuilding and the Ireland team are full of confidence and good players. In the barbarians match Ireland showed how tallented their new players are (obviously it was against a **** team but they still played fairly well).

Latest posts