• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Test: New Zealand vs. Wales [1st Test] (11/06/2016)

Great game to watch through resilience and spirit shown by the Welsh and the many, many mistakes (as enumerated on the tv screen) from a rusty AB team.....and the usual top class Reffing of Barnes.

Looking forward to seeing this AB team develop and in particular if the wingers can learn to defend and if Crudeness can become a half decent kicker!

Side point, Cips is a better playmaker than Crudeness and at least a decent kicker but cannot get in the English team.......does that mean Farrell and Ford would be shoe ins for the ABs?

LOL your dreaming mate. Cips a better playmaker and then mentioning Farrell and Ford in the same breath???... Sure Cruden cant kick goals for ****. But other than that he's an outstanding first five.

Thoroughly deserved win for NZ. Wales just ran out of steam in that last quarter, and NZ took their opportunity to up the tempo further.

Proud of the display from Wales. I never expected them to win, but I was hoping to see them play like they did.

Great game to watch, with Wayne Barnes controlling things well. Not sure about the disallowed NZ try, didn't look forward to me, hands went backwards.

Unfortunately I think that's as close as we're going to get this tour. NZ will be better next week, and we'll probably still be knackered!

Anyway sums up the difference between SH and NH rugby, NH can be gutsy and play smart rugby but just lack the ability to be clinical in the red zone, which even when playing like crap a team like NZ seems to always mange to do. (And wales needs to play for 80mins considering Gatland says he gets them super fit it is surprising they don't do it).

Glad the boys came away, once again the last 20 minutes is when the AB's can hurt you.
I was surprised at how well the Welsh team played, after not seeing them play much and reading on here how people were expecting a game more in favour of AB's. It was a rusty, basic errors game from the AB's but that's how we always start.
Can't wait for next week.

New Zealand are always a bit rusty in the first test, they will get stronger now and Wales will run out of steam and probably take a hammering in the third test. Summer tours should have been stopped this year.

Well, I have to say that 39-21 did not fairly represent how well Wales played in this game. That score rather flattered NZ.

Wayne Barnes dropped (another) bollock. There is no way on God's Green Earth that the inside pass from Cruden to Perenara was forward. He will have some explaining to do to his match observer as he overruled both his ARs and the TMO.

O.K seeing as it been brought up. Who's the best first five in the world right now if we assume Dan Carter cant be included?

For me its a tie between Sopoanga and Cruden... but thats probably just me. (Id still start Cruden in any big game though)

Glad the Welsh came out here with this competitive attitude, enjoy this game a lot, when we are on the back foot for some of the game it makes the games much more entertaining. Debutantes did well, really concerned with Crudens kicking though. He's such a good player, but in tighter games we need a guy who can nail his kicks.

I think he's better than Savea or could be. Savea has all the ability in the world but he wastes it through being a lazy ****er. I really think they are playing Naholo on the wrong wing and when Skudder is back and Savea is still being a lazy ****er they should give Naholo a couple games on his wing.

Fair! He's explosive, he wants to run through the brick wall, but sometimes he needs to be smarter and look for the inside man. It's what I love about NZ rugby is that the decision making is spot on and always seems to be instinctive. A couple of times today he took contact and shouldn't have. Perhaps it's something he needs to develop!

I think Wales have looked tired since the World Cup. The player base isn't there to rotate. For example, I think AWJ looks tired and has done for a while! The depth just isn't there.

Crotty isn't a 12 i would want in the Rugby championship TBH.

Savea ---> Cane Neither are McCaw but Savea has more going for him.

Smith On the wing, Barrett @ FB aswell.

I think Wales have looked tired since the World Cup. The player base isn't there to rotate. For example, I think AWJ looks tired and has done for a while! The depth just isn't there.

Hopefully for a Welsh POV Davies @ Ospreys mean that AWJ can be even more looked after to keep him going just that bit more.

SBW and Ngatai will both be ahead of Crotty when they are back. Crotty is still capable, but we really do need better at 12.

Also Tuipulotu is far better than Romano and should be Whitelocks immediate cover.

Jesus boys, go create a thread somewhere if you wanna have an England vs New Zealand spat.

Congrats to NZ anyway, 100% deserved the win and you guys will only get better at the series goes in. Welsh performance was at least a step above what we saw in Twickenham, but that drop off is still damn frustrating.

Ngatai brings a far superior everything, compared to Crotty. Everyone here is looking forward to him playing for the ABs.

Jesus boys, go create a thread somewhere if you wanna have an England vs New Zealand spat.

Congrats to NZ anyway, 100% deserved the win and you guys will only get better at the series goes in. Welsh performance was at least a step above what we saw in Twickenham, but that drop off is still damn frustrating.

No need for a thread, it's just a couple of Poms needlessly defending their useless prodigal son :lol:

Congrats to you guys, you played some great rugby, looking forward to the next tests.

SBW and Ngatai will both be ahead of Crotty when they are back. Crotty is still capable, but we really do need better at 12.

Also Tuipulotu is far better than Romano and should be Whitelocks immediate cover.

Who else is there fit ATM that can come in for the second test @ 12?

although Crotty could prob do a job v Wales in the next couple of tests.

Glad the Welsh came out here with this competitive attitude, enjoy this game a lot, when we are on the back foot for some of the game it makes the games much more entertaining. Debutantes did well, really concerned with Crudens kicking though. He's such a good player, but in tighter games we need a guy who can nail his kicks.

Gives the rest of the world a chance then.

But wouldn't be surprised if Sopoanga starts in the third test.

Latest posts