• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Latest Ship Dates

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 30 2006, 10:32 PM
when will play recieve this - thus when will they dispatch my goods
Sorry to be a ****** Loratadine, but I just read your post no less than four times to understand... Could you please give Play a capital "P" next time you're talking about the store? Thank you...
<

www.dvdcrave.com.au

have RC2006 in stock

so i guess if u really want it before weekend u can get it from these dudes

or subject urself to potential EB shitness

I will subject myself to EB shitness only coz, i'm still KILLZONING, and having tones of shooting fun

bang bang..............NO NOT KILL BILL................KILLZONE!!!!!!!

PROUD OWNER OF RC2006 RIGHT HERE

GOT THE CALL UP YESTERDAY - AUSTRALIA SHOULD BE SET NOW.

Key word PROUD.

As mentioned already, the rucks are very good, and tactical

The whole game inall is good fun....not a good representation of a sim, but deadset fun.......chaotic play left n right, big hits, rollling mauls, sublime kicking game.

My 2nd try was from Wendell running down the sideline, only to run out of juice (which will **** many off, the speed max in this really is shocking), so i decided for the chip over the FB, and viola............wendell regathers chip to scry uncontested under the sticks

I was screaming the top of my lungs, it was deadset all skill, me and nothing else.

All these problems of defending near try line is BS.
The only issues are the speed maxing out and losing juice, and the sideline issues
But there's nothing in it for the SH.
Nothing.
All created names, got no idea who's who, except for Dell and Lote.
The NH must be loving the NH premiership with proper kits n stuff
<

Career mode u gotto except its not any real players.
U start with nuffys and buy new nuffys to beat the best already.

I'll come back on in a few to answer any questions that havent been answered.

I wont be taking this back, and its murders RL2 to the morg.......the fluid fun, and depth in career mode, the bonus unlockables are better than the glitchy RL2 franchise.

It reminds u of BLIC/RPIC............the menus, the bonus stuff, the fun gameplay, yet not simulated.

The music kicks ass to.......although purely a side issue, i was bouncing to the tunes, every time i was browsing thru the menu, assigning coaches and boosting players abilites thru training.

If Swordfish cn come out with a list of who's whom in the SH part, it will save alot of negative feedback from down here.

I mean u just got nothing

we need a list

good stuff sounds like a enjoyable game if u can put up with a few minor issues. Wonder if its out here in nz yet.

maybe but still the career mode sounds shocking without the ability to get real players. sh there is nothing but I don't think even changing the names would help what do you do after you win the super 12 or whatever it is called.

nh will be loving it for sure everything is licesened and the gam is really made for them.

blic was good as you good up the skill level and play in test matches. from what i can see there is no test match mode in rc2006. I was hoping the career mode would be it but sadly it doesn't appear to be the case.

one question though. is the tri nations or whatever it is called based on the new format ie 3 games against each ot the other teams.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 09:22 AM
one question though. is the tri nations or whatever it is called based on the new format ie 3 games against each ot the other teams.
cant answer that esoj - havent checked - top question though

I havent looked at internationals coz of the players random names

i am awaiting a list...........someones gotto come up with one, coz this wont go well in the south.

Career mode is good.............it should be called fantasy franchise though...the career mode ***le is misleading, or i guess many just assumed it would have real players...the instruction manuals says nothing about real players and emphasises the fact u gotto look for new BLOOD.

like BLIC - and nobody looks like them for SH.

We need a list...TREV, list!!!!!!!

yeah no worries I was just putting the question out there.

oh cool career mode could be alright then and if internationl team for sh can be worked out the game could defintely be worth getting.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 10:00 AM

oh cool career mode could be alright then and if internationl team for sh can be worked out the game could defintely be worth getting.
its worth getting but if ur opting for only one of the ruggers ***le this year u may want to wait for EA06.

but, so far RC2006 is a good step up from WCR, and has alot more gameplay variety than EA05.

The kicking game is flawless.........u can put deft grubbers/chips in behind the line and chase them down

i scored a try last night, deadset man the greatest i have seen for a while.

Running the down the sideline, with "John Cartwright".....drew in the winger and put in the grubber behind him at the 20m

The balls physics were perfect in the grubber, and it trickled into the tryzone, and was vearing off the touch-in-goal

i was bolting, for it, and the FB was coming in cover

I was hitting x early, and low and behold...............BIG JOHNNY CARTWRIGHT, SLIDES FOR THE BALL, AND GROUNDS IT CENTERMETRES FROM THE TOUCH-IN-GOAL............ITS A TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEE ARE WHY..............TRY!!!!!

i cant speak enough for the kicking game........really i cant
<
<
<

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 2 2006, 10:00 AM

its worth getting but if ur opting for only one of the ruggers ***le this year u may want to wait for EA06.

but, so far RC2006 is a good step up from WCR, and has alot more gameplay variety than EA05.

The kicking game is flawless.........u can put deft grubbers/chips in behind the line and chase them down

Running the down the sideline, with "John Cartwright".....drew in the winger and put in the grubber behind him at the 20m

The balls physics were perfect in the grubber, and it trickled into the tryzone, and was vearing off the touch-in-goal

I was hitting x early, and low and behold...............BIG JOHNNY CARTWRIGHT, SLIDES FOR THE BALL, AND GROUNDS IT CENTERMETRES FROM THE TOUCH-IN-GOAL............ITS A TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEE ARE WHY..............TRY!!!!!

<
<
<
[/b]
<
<
<
<
<

I knew it!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

The same stupid tactic I employed to 100 percent effect due to the speed bar restricting pace until you kicked it to get it back technique...Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dress it up how you want AK...all your try stories so far indicate you have fallen back on the tactic I also employed after about two games.....crumbs....the break the line grubber or chip past the fullback works everytime if you are half good technique.......what a total gib! I am disappointed...again.

yes, the kicking is flawless.....also in the sense that it ALWAYS works....
<

buth your AWESOME tries employ this technique...it just excites you cos it feels new on a new game - it will get old quick. I remember loving the first few on WCR, so I can't blame ya AK...I gu-ess...still expected better though.

Does the angle in and then angle away step (manual) make the defender drop to the ground everytime like it did in WCR? I just used to do that OR gurbber OR pass side to side to score all my tries on WCR.....it was so ****!!

When I see grubber and chip tries getting talked up (and am aware that the spped bar is back and that this is really WHY you are doing this..you admit so in the Lote Tuqiri try description) I get that sick feeling of knowing and disappointment in my stomach...

why? oh why?
<
<

yeah that speed bar sounds really stupid from nearly everybody I will defintlely be waiting for ea06 to come out before making a choice on which game I get. that is exactly the thing los that game appears to be a step from wcr in some areas but in other it hasn't moved on enough or at all from wcr. oh well most people that want to get will be able to soon enough and will be able to have their view about the game

Originally posted by Los Lover+Feb 2 2006, 10:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Feb 2 2006, 10:51 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 2 2006, 11:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

<
<
<
<
<
<
<
<

The same stupid tactic I employed to 100 percent effect due to the speed bar restricting pace until you kicked it to get it back technique...Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dress it up how you want AK...all your try stories so far indicate you have fallen back on the tactic I also employed after about two games.....crumbs....the break the line grubber or chip past the fullback works everytime if you are half good technique.......what a total gib! I am disappointed...again.

<

buth your AWESOME tries employ this technique...it just excites you cos it feels new on a new game - it will get old quick. I remember loving the first few on WCR, so I can't blame ya AK...I gu-ess...still expected better though.

Does the angle in and then angle away step (manual) make the defender drop to the ground everytime like it did in WCR? I just used to do that OR gurbber OR pass side to side to score all my tries on WCR.....it was so ****!!

When I see grubber and chip tries getting talked up (and am aware that the spped bar is back and that this is really WHY you are doing this..you admit so in the Lote Tuqiri try description) I get that sick feeling of knowing and disappointment in my stomach...

why? oh why?
<
<
[/b]
yeah but that is how a kicking game should be.

sometime it deosnt work, sometimes it does

as for the manual shimmy - yes and no

i have done it a few times, but again the extra tackling animations like the dive tackle sometime they grab ya jersey and pull u down

its a sequel to WCR, so alot of WCR stuff i sstill there but slighty adjusted for the better, but this means sometimes its works and sometimes it doesnt, whereas in WCR it always worked

ie big hit
manual shimmy
grubbers/chips

there's alot more forward momentum in this, which makes the game very different from WCR.

No atmosphere though.........none........i swear the crowd audio is ported from BLIC.......until u score or make a break, and only then does it sound different...atmosphere lacking, which really disapoints

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 12:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 12:07 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 2 2006, 11:16 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

<
<
<

<
<
<
<
<

<

why? oh why?
<
<
yeah but that is how a kicking game should be.

sometime it deosnt work, sometimes it does

as for the manual shimmy - yes and no

i have done it a few times, but again the extra tackling animations like the dive tackle sometime they grab ya jersey and pull u down

its a sequel to WCR, so alot of WCR stuff i sstill there but slighty adjusted for the better, but this means sometimes its works and sometimes it doesnt, whereas in WCR it always worked

ie big hit
manual shimmy
grubbers/chips

there's alot more forward momentum in this, which makes the game very different from WCR.

No atmosphere though.........none........i swear the crowd audio is ported from BLIC.......until u score or make a break, and only then does it sound different...atmosphere lacking, which really disapoints [/b]
all constructive and interesting - cheers AK.

Keep on truckin'

<

can you throw a short ball to a fast straight runner and go clean thru the line rugby 05? need to know as favourite part of rugby...

<
bro...

Originally posted by Los Lover@Feb 2 2006, 11:10 AM
can you throw a short ball to a fast straight runner and go clean thru the line rugby 05? need to know as favourite part of rugby...

<
bro...
well there is a possiblity, i think

have seen some sick animations of the pop ball from big forwards

but havent finished the learning curve to hit that pop ball at pace, and spear thru

stay tuned for this..........i reckon u can, but wont say until i see it myself

the ammo is there for it............but ak47 is still cleaning his gun

the little chips over the head - is it fluid - is it in one set motion or do you slow down.

aye blic there is no atmosphere at all but I kind of like that as you feel its you against the bowler or batsmen. rugby is different though you need to hear the crowd roaring or booring at least doing something.

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 2 2006, 11:50 AM
the little chips over the head - is it fluid - is it in one set motion or do you slow down.
fluid mate

i nearly over ran it

i caught the ball off my shoulder......i should have sent it a few metre deeper

was awesome....2nd career try, and i was fisting the air...called in my flatmate (who worked on RL2), and he was impressed, coz he never saw that in RL2.

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 2 2006, 01:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 2 2006, 01:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Feb 2 2006, 11:50 AM
fluid mate

i nearly over ran it

i caught the ball off my shoulder......i should have sent it a few metre deeper

was awesome....2nd career try, and i was fisting the air...called in my flatmate (who worked on RL2), and he was impressed, coz he never saw that in RL2. [/b]
too fluid - too easy.

I'll put my house on it...

you are on intensive care...one day in...and are doing them...

that fist will be withdrawn soo enough...which is a shame frankly....but there we go....

I loved grubber tries in rugby 05 as the grubber itslef was quite random.....still gets lots though and enjoy it as a hard skill to master consistently....

<

I can't say i have either buts thats because i only use one type of kick punt in rl 2.

yeah I don't know los it seems the game is a tad to easy if you can start mastering the perfect chip/ grubber with the first day of playing. maybe the game is meant to be that way who knows.

it does beg the question though what else is left to find in the game if you can master some of the more diffcult moves in the first day of playing.

Latest posts