• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Latest Ship Dates

well we haven't seen ea06 career mode yet so hard to judge but it looks like it has been revamped and you don't have those crap maintence points any more and instead have salaries to look after.

even if rc 2006 did have the licenses they would still put the nobodies in and not allow you to buy/transfer the licensed players. I know that is a bit of an assumption but look what they did this time they had the licenses for the nh players but you can't buy any of them.

the world league though was utter crap and fair dinkum rc 2006 proabbly is better than that although not hard the world league was crap.

as for things like ways of attacking it is hard to judge withouth playing the game and thus must rely on other people like ak for this as they have the game and may learn things as they play it more. ea05 was pretty good in this regard though.

in comparision to ea05 rc2006 proabbly does do some things better for sure like the careeer mode but that is not a fair comparision as that was last years game. the real comparision should be with ea06 this years version and rc2006's competition.

I dont see why your comparing RC2006 to EA Rugby 05, If I tried to compare, say, Rugby 06 to Stacey Jones Rugby League you would off like a rocket and start lecturing me on how and why I shouldn't do it till the cows come home.

*Directed at AK47*

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 2 2006, 04:48 PM
I dont see why your comparing RC2006 to EA Rugby 05, If I tried to compare, say, Rugby 06 to Stacey Jones Rugby League you would off like a rocket and start lecturing me on how and why I shouldn't do it till the cows come home.

*Directed at AK47*
any information is better than none

besides people would have wanted to know if it surpassed EA05,

granted its a year apart.........but that should be given knowledge.

aye for sure it is good to know how it compares to the previous rugby version for sure. the real showdown though will be rc2006 v ea2006.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 2 2006, 05:18 AM
aye for sure it is good to know how it compares to the previous rugby version for sure. the real showdown though will be rc2006 v ea2006.
I don't think it's a showdown at all... they both offer very different things. RC2006 is good fun to play and everything, but it's very much a game rather than a simulation... by the sounds of Rugby 06 it is far more realistic.

Originally posted by toup+Feb 2 2006, 09:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Feb 2 2006, 09:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 2 2006, 05:18 AM
I don't think it's a showdown at all... they both offer very different things. RC2006 is good fun to play and everything, but it's very much a game rather than a simulation... by the sounds of Rugby 06 it is far more realistic. [/b]
*Shakes hand*

Exactly...

Like PS3/Xbox360 vs. Revolution... Both essentially offering the same thing, but both taking very different approaches, thus making them completely different...

....Like Red Card Soccer vs. FIFA 02 back in the day...

...Pity they both stank..

they are both rugby games competing products. it is a showdown as to wich is the better game. I have been talking common sense for a long time. its like blic v eacricket 2005 different approach but same sport. the people that can afford both games this year full credit to you but for those that can't we have to choose which game to get so saying both games are different is not true. they both are representations of rugby and I want the best one possible and if that mean I miss out on rc2006 so be it. fifa and pes have different approaches as well.

Ok, fair point but the way you and motormouth spout on about it makes it sound like its some bloody Holy War. "Showdown" FFS.

Its not, its a couple of video games that will be played for a couple of months before the next thing comes along...get some perspective. Its like all those nerdy Mortal Kombat vs StreetFighter fights back in the fog of time.

WCR was a pretty good game, with plenty of flaws but very enjoyable nonetheless. An improved version of WCR should be pretty good fun as well.

Rugby2005 was a truly atrocious game that was no fun at all to play. Rugby2006 does look better - they've got the frame rate up to 50/60Hz for one thing, but unless the engine and game mechanics have had a MASSIVE overhaul, it will still be total crap.

The videos of Rugby2006 don't give me any confidence whatsoever that is will be any good.

RC2006 I expect to be decent enough. I'm pretty sure I'll be proved right!

It doesn't bother me too much either way though, as JLR still works on my PS2 and its still the best game ever made!

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Feb 3 2006, 01:49 AM
Ok, fair point but the way you and motormouth spout on about it makes it sound like its some bloody Holy War. "Showdown" FFS.

Its not, its a couple of video games that will be played for a couple of months before the next thing comes along...get some perspective. Its like all those nerdy Mortal Kombat vs StreetFighter fights back in the fog of time.
exactly people have preferences. some liked mortal kombat better other prefered street fighter and they therefore played the game which they thought was better.

nah people will still be playing one of these games after a few months have passed easily unless another rugby game is coming out by then or some other sports game thet wows everybody's attention.

if either game is decent people will still be playing it. motormouth as you call him is still playing rugby 05 after a year so you are the one that needs to get a perspective. you need to understand that people on this forum enjoy their gaming and want the best out of it. maybe you move onto the next thing but others of us on this forum stay playing games that we enjoy if they are good enough.

maybe you shouldn't be playing video games or visiting this forum if discussion about 2 competing games gets you this angry. the rest of us will enjoy debating these 2 games and will at least consider he possibilty that ea06 will be the better game to play.

time will tell if either game is still being played down the track.

and how come los gets a nickname and i don't
<

los any chance of you changing your name?
"rant" lover seems more your line, 'cuz boy do you love it!

...take a chill pill - you're not going to like it, probably couldn't make it as far as a coaster for you even... good for you

but how come everything that is said that might seem the slightest bit positive about RC2006 (in someone elses opinion) is immediately run down as being the dellusional opinion of someone who lacks in the "being good at games" (read: as good as you), "likes rugby union" (read: as much as you), "makes effort playing games to their whole" (read: as much as you), "wants a rugby sim" (read: as much as you) departments?

...someone may like something you don't (ref: all your FACTS.. I hate, I hate etc) - you don't need to reiterate the barage each time

your dislike for a game (thats all it is!) and voicing of that opinion (which you are more then entitled to, it is a forum as you said) seems like some sort of holy EA crusade or similar other crazy ****...

I'm not trying to stop guys like you from voicing your opinions, just trying to temper them with some non-EA specific comments/comparisons

give your fingers a rest too!?!? (those are some long posts)

<
<<waiting for the liveliest of reponses>>

Jose, (that your name??), each to their own. Thats the only sentiments I have about games.
I was feeling incredibly cynical when I posted that last comment, thats what happens when I read too many of Mr Los's posts. He has that effect on people, its a talent, I'll say that for the lad.

I am a huge gaming fan, thats what keeps a roof over my head, christ my fave game STILL is a shoot 'em up from the late 70's. Thats how archaic my tastes are.
<

Im sure the EA game will be good,a company with pockets as deep and wide as EA have the luxury of shared technical resources, an iron grip on licensing and an A+++ marketing department.
I think the travesty that was Rugby 2004 won't happen again (something I, personally, believe is in part due to WCR forcing HB and EA to raise their game, despite that game's shortcomings).
Each game will have its merits and in an ideal world Rugby fans would get to play and enjoy all the games based on their fave sport.

The sport of Rugby is under-represented enough on our consoles and computers with out us needing to put on a pair of blinkers just because one of them doesnt achieve some mystical gaming nirvana that various users of this forum expect.

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Feb 3 2006, 01:02 PM
Jose, (that your name??), each to their own. Thats the only sentiments I have about games.
I was feeling incredibly cynical when I posted that last comment, thats what happens when I read too many of Mr Los's posts. He has that effect on people, its a talent, I'll say that for the lad.

I am a huge gaming fan, thats what keeps a roof over my head, christ my fave game STILL is a shoot 'em up from the late 70's. Thats how archaic my tastes are.
<

Im sure the EA game will be good,a company with pockets as deep and wide as EA have the luxury of shared technical resources, an iron grip on licensing and an A+++ marketing department.
I think the travesty that was Rugby 2004 won't happen again (something I, personally, believe is in part due to WCR forcing HB and EA to raise their game, despite that game's shortcomings).
Each game will have its merits and in an ideal world Rugby fans would get to play and enjoy all the games based on their fave sport.

The sport of Rugby is under-represented enough on our consoles and computers with out us needing to put on a pair of blinkers just because one of them doesnt achieve some mystical gaming nirvana that various users of this forum expect.
lol fair enough then i guess. yes Jose is my name
<

its seems like you will eitherl ove rc2006 or hate it. forum opinion is very much divided. wonder what it will be like when ea06 come out.

rugby 2004 was utter crap I think everyone agrees. then wcr and rl came on the scene so no doubt hb/ea raised there game. yes ea do have deep pockets but have failed miserably so far to reproduce a deeent rugby game.

although opinion is divided on rc2006 there are things like the sprint bar that cross both sets of fans. rugby is under-represented that doesn't mean people have to buy 2 games that are bad. I don't think people are putting blinkers on at all. they are just being realistic about a game that was hyped up to be so much more than it is. rc2006 seems to be very hit and miss with people. I think we a few years yet away from gaming nirvana but hopefully ea06 will be another step closer to it

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 3 2006, 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 3 2006, 08:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 3 2006, 08:27 AM
<
You'll have some wait, for JJ hath spoken. [/b]
499 days and counting!!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Feb 3 2006, 08:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Feb 3 2006, 08:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-raziel_eire
@Feb 3 2006, 08:27 AM
<
You'll have some wait, for JJ hath spoken. [/b]

oh... didn't know that

Latest posts