• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Leicester Tigers Thread

The A league isn't Carried over into the new year. There was a vote to make it a season long thing along side the AP season but only Leicester and I think one other were for it at the time.

Although I feel another vote should be done.

I think they just need to unify the A league and LV.

Too many ****ing competitions.

Argentina are to play Leicester next season in September 5th in the Marcos Ayerza Testimonial Challenge and also be a world cup warm up game!

The Marcos Ayerza Testimonial Committee are delighted to announce the following fixture for 2015.

Leicester Tigers will host international opposition in September with Argentina providing the opposition in the Marcos Ayerza Testimonial Challenge.
Tigers prop Ayerza has more than 50 caps for the Pumas and will welcome his countrymen for a special fixture on his own club ground on Saturday, September 5 (3pm) as part of his testimonial year events.

The fixture will also form a part of Argentina's World Cup warm-up programme, as it did on their previous appearance at Welford Road in 2007.

On that occasion, the Argentina side coached by Marcelo Loffreda won 41-21 with a team including Horacio Agulla, Juan Martin Hernandez and Rodrigo Roncero. The Tigers tries came from Tom Croft, Matt Smith and Tom Varndell in a fixture which celebrated Graham Rowntree's 398th and final appearance for the club.

John Wallace, chairman of Ayerza's testimonial committee, said: "We are delighted for Marcos that we have been able to attract the Pumas to play a full-strength international side at Welford Road against the Tigers and feel sure it will provide a great spectacle for all fans and a very fitting conclusion to a well-deserved testimonial."

Match tickets will be priced £25 adults and £10 juniors for seating, £22 and £8 terrace, and will be on sale from the Tigers ticket office soon.

Please note this fixture is not included in season tickets. All season ticket holders, however, will be given priority to book their usual places before tickets are made available for general sale.

Matchday hospitality packages and 1880 Club packages will also be available.

Ayerza, who has clocked up more than 200 appearances for Tigers since his debut in 2006, said: "I'm very happy to have final confirmation that my club Tigers will play my country Argentin‎a before the World Cup in what looks to be another historic match at Welford Road."

For more details of the testimonial year, see www.matestimonial.com

Defiantly going. Thought Ayerza played well today as always. He was so pumped up

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD="class: alt1"]Tom Youngs, Tom Croft, Ed Slater and Owen Williams are doing an AMA (ask me anything) on reddit tomorrow. Anyone got questions?
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

What is it with Tigers and injuries? I mean, a few more injuries than expected can be stricken off as tough luck, but they are plagued by regular long term injuries every single season. Can someone with more info explain what is happening?

As far as I'm aware, the club's tried to pinpoint the reason with no success either.

Depends he has played like 12 games in over 18 months.

He would be a top earner for us after Glous were pushing hard for him last time his contract was up.

With Kitchener and Slater the chances are they are most likely going to become the starters, even if Parling was here, Leicester would have had to look at his contract and get it more value for money.

Depends he has played like 12 games in over 18 months.

He would be a top earner for us after Glous were pushing hard for him last time his contract was up.

With Kitchener and Slater the chances are they are most likely going to become the starters, even if Parling was here, Leicester would have had to look at his contract and get it more value for money.

And how long has Slater been injured? I understand regards the business thinking but Parling is one of the best English second rows in the league with him, Slater and Kitchener rotating we would have been very strong there.

Just seems like we are loosing lots of very good international class players who go on to do great things.

I know you dont agree but not a fan of Cockers.

Latest posts