Leicester Tigers Thread

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
Well since Glous have one we should have one.

Likely 23 (if all fit) for me would be:

1) Ayerza (should have him all start of season for the first time in ages)
2) Youngs/Ghiraldini
3) Cole (Although Mlipola will start till November)
4) Parling
5) Slater
6) Croft
7) Salvi
8) Barbieri
9) Youngs
10) Williams/Burns
11) Goneva
12) Allen
13) Manu
14) Morris
15) Tait

16) Ghiraldini/Youngs
17) Rizzo
18) Mulipola (Balmain)
19) Kitchener
20) Mafi/Matera/Crane
21) Mele
22) Burns/Williams
23) Loamanu/Scully

I am very happy with that even with Cole out till November we will have Balmain in, some big positional battles @ 2 and 10. And that bench has some very attacking players on it. Also keen on the Bai signing adds some experience at 10 and 12.

Excited about the depth and for once in a while I feel that the squad has enough size to challenge Europe and the Premiership and could cope with the injuries we had last season (although hopefully wont have to).

Also Phil Blake as new Defence coach.

Last edited:
Well since Glous have one we should have one.

Likely 23 (if all fit) for me would be:

1) Ayerza (should have him all start of season for the first time in ages)
2) Youngs/Ghiraldini
3) Cole (Although Mlipola will start till November)
4) Parling
5) Slater
6) Croft
7) Salvi
8) Barbieri
9) Youngs
10) Williams/Burns
11) Goneva
12) Allen
13) Manu
14) Goneva
15) Tait

Don't think he's quite THAT good! :p But yeah I can't wait for the season to start and it just ended. Started following Prem rugby partway through last year, looking forward to watching from the start. Go Tigers!

If only mind you I like the contrast Scully and Morris give to Goneva style of play. Hopefully with Loamanu it will mean Goneva can stay on the wing when Manu is away as although he is a very good back up 13 he is a WC winger.

Okay now that Mafi is gone and isn't playing this season for us I thought I will do a breakdown of the current Leicester Tigers Depth chart () = Rumoured player.

LH: Ayerza, Rizzo, Mulipola, Bristow, Brugnara
H: Youngs, Ghiraldini, Briggs, Thacker
TH: Cole, Mulipola, Balmain, Pasquali
LK: Parling, Kitchener, De Cheves, Price
LK: Slater, Deacon, (Thorn)
BF: Croft, Gibson, Matera, Loamanu, Slater, Crane
OF: Salvi, Matera, Gibson, Barbieri
N8: Barbieri, Crane, Pearce, Gibson, Loamanu
SH: Youngs, Mele, Harrison
FH: Burns, Williams, Bai
IC: Allen, Bai, Hepetema, Pohe
OC: Manu, Loamanu, Goneva, Bai, Smith, Hepetema, Pohe, camacho
W; Goneva, Morris, Loamanu, Scully, Benjamin, Thompstone, Hamilton, Camacho, Smith
FB: Tait, Morris, Loamanu, Scully, Hamilton

Bloody happy with that for a depth chart TBH, strongest we have had for a while.

Ah good to see this is a popular thread ... tehehehe

I blame the Lancaster love in this forum goes into whenever England plays it is sickening, it drives a lot of the Tigers supporters away.

I brave on here due to not fearing the evil.

I am a holy man in an unholy world.

Last edited:
I blame the Lancaster love in this forum goes into whenever England plays it is sickening, it drives a lot of the Tigers supporters away.

I brave on here due to not fearing the evil.

I am a holy man in a unholy world.

Fedora-20-Delayed-for-December-3-382662-2.jpg

I'm liking our depth this year some really good signings . Our depth was good last year though we just had 25 injuries lol .

We should play

10. Bai
11. Goneva
12. Loamanu
13. Tuilagi

Beast mode .......

Great to see Brad Thorn signed on for next year . Can't wait to see a legend like him in the green shirt

Shocked when I heard this last night on the tigers show. should be good for a season and I suppose a decent last minute replacement for Mafi. Anyone going on the 5th to the families day?

Brad Thorn is a great signing, he was at Leinster a matter of months and became a fan favourite. Such a work horse, he'll fit in superbly with the Tigers.

Latest posts