• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Life after Eddie …

Im sick of hearing about what Eddie has hiding in his locker. Hes putting all his eggs in one basket...

I might be very wrong on this but isn't it in the question what will kills you first the lack of sleep, food or drink, the answer is actually sleep.

Like this isn't sensible for anyone to be trying without consulting the teams doctor and outside assistance.
Pretty sure no-one's talking about a complete denial of sleep - its about playing whilst knackered, testing your fitness, endurance and mental strength whilst knackered, to push those boundaries back, so that when you're knackered at the end of extra time and 6 weeks of ridiculously high intensity rugby (and potentially you're 3rd bout of extra time in 3 weeks) you can still make the right decision at the right time, and have the fitness to execute properly.

I still still don't agree with it, but IF that's what's happening, then I can kinda accept it.
I do not believe that's what happened this Autumn; but I do believe that that's what happened in 2018. This last month, the players did not look exhausted to me, they just looked a bit shit.

We don't have props who can scrum in the locker. The first choices we have simply can't compete. The fact we can't get parity is the issue. Lots of talk that the scrum coach is going to be the latest sacrifice at the alter of Eddie.

Thinking correctly under pressure isn't new. I'd have thought it's pretty common in modern professional coaching.

Sleep deprivation f@ck me they are not the bloody S.A.S.

Do we really have a scrum problem or is it just a Mako problem?

We seam to do alright in it when he's not on the pitch. Sure we are not the best scrummaging team out there.

I really want to see the stats between non-Mako-scrums and Mako-scrums.

Do we really have a scrum problem or is it just a Mako problem?

We seam to do alright in it when he's not on the pitch. Sure we are not the best scrummaging team out there.

I really want to see the stats between non-Mako-scrums and Mako-scrums.
Genge is decent, Sinkler is passable, Stuart is decent, Rodd is decent, Mako is very very bad.

Our only "fantastic" scummagers are Genge on his day, and Marler. We need to find more "fantastic" ones, but the problem seems to be mostly Mako imo (although that could be entirely wrong on the stats).

Genge is decent, Sinkler is passable, Stuart is decent, Rodd is decent, Mako is very very bad.

Our only "fantastic" scummagers are Genge on his day, and Marler. We need to find more "fantastic" ones, but the problem seems to be mostly Mako imo (although that could be entirely wrong on the stats).
Collier is a fantastic scrummager....but hes on the physio table more than Manu!
Theres plenty decent ones like Goodrick Clark etc. Adam Brocklebank our LH has become a very good scrummager, better than Mako!! But hes no international.

i dont think there'll be much change in the prop area until post WC..where hopefully Hayes, Brantingham etc etc will all be ready to challenge.

So we need to get Sinckler back to his best..and get some locks in who can add real balast...hopefuly Ribbans.

I highly doubt a contract would have performance based for cause termination. What coach would agree to that? I'm sure Eddie had performance targets. The guardian mentioned top 2 or 3 over the weekend (went down as the team got worse).

A heavyweight second row also helps the scrum. Unfortunately Maro and Hill are relatively lightweight at around 110-115Kgs.
Locks are a huge part of the scrum. I remember Wasps used to say having Simon Shaw in the scrum was like having an extra man he was that heavy and strong.

A heavyweight second row also helps the scrum. Unfortunately Maro and Hill are relatively lightweight at around 110-115Kgs.
No way hill is 115kg. He is closer to 125kg. I'm not having rucks 133kg though!
Irelands locks are pretty light and they do okay

No way hill is 115kg. He is closer to 125kg. I'm not having rucks 133kg though!
Irelands locks are pretty light and they do okay
He's down as a round 113Kgs but no idea when that was taken. He might have put on a few kilos since.

Of course it is not all down to weight. Brad Thorn an excellent tight head scrummaging lock was around 114kgs back in the 2011 RWC.

He's down as a round 113Kgs but no idea when that was taken. He might have put on a few kilos since.

Of course it is not all down to weight. Brad Thorn an excellent tight head scrummaging lock was around 114kgs back in the 2011 RWC.
Agreed weight isn't everything. Although looking at Hill his stats are out of date. He has definitely put a lot of size on. Still not a good international lock at any weight imo

I know it's a matter of debate, but you should really put eggs in the fridge rather than baskets OR lockers.
If you're American...
In the EU and GB, it's fine (better ?) to leave them out.

Poultry health is so bad in America that the meat gets chlorine washed in order to call it safe for consumption; eggs too, but I don't think it's chlorine - but whatever it is strips the protective membrane from the shell, so they need to stay in the fridge.
Where poultry health is better, the meat and eggs are fit for consumption straight away, so keep the membrane. Where my knowledge then falls down is whether that makes fridge vs work surface neutral or one better than the other, but I seems to want to say that work surface is better (probably a cleaner environment though - could be as simple as that)

ETA: https://www.forbes.com/sites/nadiaa...egal-in-a-british-supermarket-and-vice-versa/

Last edited:
I know it's a matter of debate, but you should really put eggs in the fridge rather than baskets OR lockers.
There are some cases of people using fridges and others of people using baskets, and I think Jones is a basket case.