• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

MMA/UFC thread

McGregor is a beast man. I was so nervous watching him last weekend but he passed the test with flying colours. Can't wait for his next fight! Himself and Cathal Pendred even made it onto the late late show last night :)

I am looking forward to next Saturday's UFC on FOX quite a bit, always love watching the Diaz brothers fight, Thomson will be tough for Nate. Cormier debut interests me massively, a win over Mir would put him right into ***le contention, even if he won't fight Cain as they are team-mates. Really excited to see what Melendez can do as well against Benson.

really ****** off

hit record on mysky for the TUF 17 final yesterday and it didn't record the last 2.5 fights, also missed the start because it did not series link even though I have UFC linked.

that womans fight was awesome up till it cutout in the 2nd round for me. tate looked to be winning but I see in the results she lost. I think that will make for a more interesting TUF 18 season. Already seen Rousey and Tate fight.

TUF final match result is interesting. There is no doubt Uriah has to be the scariest striker that's come through in a long time. I think it was 4 wins and 4 hospital visits for his fights in the house. But Kelvin won, he's obviously a seriously good fighter, and only 21.

I still think hall is going to have a big impact on the UFC in the next few years. Scary, scary striking. Never seen a fighter finish 4 guys and after each fight I'm not thinking "what a great fight" I'm thinking "wow I hope that guy is ok". It's rare a guy gets hurt so bad you worry about them. maybe once every couple of events - Hall did it 4 fights in a row.

Also great to see New Zealander Dylan Andrews had a dominant win, though I did not see the fight he's credited with a round 1 KO finish 20 strikes to 7 great stuff.

got another non PPV even this weekend. pretty good with a ***le fight, interesting heavyweight fight with Mir (carrier on the line fight for Mir IMO), Diaz fighting and two fighters I like the look of Mien and Dillashaw

Yeah good to see Dylan the Villain win. Cat should pose an interesting threat to Ronda.YEah Kevin and Uriah are scary talented. Unlike the last 4 or 5 cycles where I don't even remember a lot of the, now (apart from Diego Brandao and John Dodson).

finally got to see Uriah vs Kalvin last night

the fight was basically dead even, Kalvin made more takedowns including the last one which probably won him the match but Uriah also reversed many of them and also landed the more significant strikes and landed a sweat suplex.

Actually a bit of an anticlimax, Hall looked like he was being too cautious, too relaxed and was not urgent enough defending takedowns. He should have employed that jab he used against Dylan. Instead he stood off and was trying to counter more, I think if he was more aggressive he would have won.

I think Kalvin just wanted it more and Hall kinda psyched himself out.

And yeah Cat finished the 2nd round really well and dominated in the 3rd. Impressive considering I think she lost the first 1.5 rounds of the fight, took some shots and spent a lot of time on her back.

It was a really entertaining and technical fight and again proves the girls do belong in the ufc, but I dont think Cat has any chance against Ronda. Heck Ronda basically first round arm bar subbed Tate twise and it was actually pretty easy. Cat let tate dominate her for half the fight. I can see Cat becoming another first round arm bar win for Ronda.

Ronda may not have a real challenge till the roid queen/king Cyborg comes in. Though she sould hardly qualify for the woman's division.

Kelvin did 0 damage. He controlled the top position, but never for long and Hall fought back to his feet. Clear 29-28 for Hall i thought. Saying that, either of those guys would get steam-rolled by any top 10 middleweight.

Ronda is holding that belt for a long time. No one works harder than she does, was watching her grappling with Gegard Mousasi and Uriah Hall and Nick Diaz on youtube there, when she is training with people like these, i don't think a 135 pound woman will, even if Carmouche came close with the neck crank. Zingano is tapping out in the first round, and she won't be the last.

Kelvin did 0 damage. He controlled the top position, but never for long and Hall fought back to his feet. Clear 29-28 for Hall i thought. Saying that, either of those guys would get steam-rolled by any top 10 middleweight.

Ronda is holding that belt for a long time. No one works harder than she does, was watching her grappling with Gegard Mousasi and Uriah Hall and Nick Diaz on youtube there, when she is training with people like these, i don't think a 135 pound woman will, even if Carmouche came close with the neck crank. Zingano is tapping out in the first round, and she won't be the last.
lol yeah rolling with Diaz sure is an upper hand. Woman or not.

so how did you guys call the Henderson v Melendez fight? I had Melendez winning rounds 1,2 & 5

was a close fight even though the strike counts were heavily in Bendo's (not hendo :p ) favour

I know it's not how MMA works but Ben finished hardly scratched and it was a surprise to see Melendez even standing considering how many kicks he took. Wouldn't have been right if Melendez had won.

Had the big Sonnen vs. jones fight that's been building for some time.

Didn't see the pay per view but obviously Jones dominated.

I see this result and now wonder if the Anderson vs. Jones fight will happen at all. I mean even though Sonnen did lose to Anderson he did dominate Anderson for long periods in that fight and only lost when he made one mistake and got caught in a triangle with seconds to go.

from what I saw Jones just dominated Sonnen Physically, I mean if Chale can't make any impression on Jones then what chance has Anderson got? I think basically zero, and a so called " super fight" between them would end in round 1 with Jones the winner.

I now think GSP vs. Anderson is the super fight to look out for and maybe at some stage (basically now) Jones and the UFC should just declare the light heavyweight division dominated and look for a challenge for John Jones at heavyweight. The size, reach and skill level Jones has is just too much for anyone at 205 lbs.

The only other think the middleweight devision has to look forward to is Anderson Sylvia retiring. I mean he's getting quite old, surely retirement must come within the next couple of years though he could keep on going for some time because he doesn't seem to take much damage in his fights because of his superior reach and speed. Sonnen's been the only one to hurt him in a long time as far as I know.

it's kinda strange with MMA becoming so competitive and evolved that three division have long time champions that are so far ahead of the rest.

Looking forward to 160. Been a fan of hunt for a long time. Hopefully he can pull it off and gain a ***le shot. How amazing will that be?

The man has been in the game for such a long time, fighting the toughest fighters all round the world. He truly defines a man who just doesnt give a f**k haha.

Jds is a tough guy though and it should be an entertaining fight. Lets go hunto.

Anyone watch the Brazil card this weekend?
UFC record of 8 subs in one night.

Vitor Belfort should fight Weidman, Vitor is going to destroy!

Come on Vitor! True warrior

Korean Zombie almost managed to succeed last weekend against José Aldo...pity the separated shoulder.

only seen undercards, too much of a tight arse to get PPV lol

was really impressed with the Moraes fight

been a while since ive seen an epic BJJ sub and I knew it was comming when this match started so I sat on the edge of my seat and waited for it, and sure enough it came first round.

Total BJJ domination. after a bit of pitter patter Moraes got him down, passed, hopped onto a mount then gave it away for a triangle rolled then transitioned to back to a mounted triangle in a sweet move after some sick elbows to a totally dominant sub finish.

Shocked to see in the results that Machida lost the co-main event... wow

Also big ups to 40 year old Aussie Perosh who got a OK with basically his first punch thrown. Now won 4 of his last 5 which is pretty awesome. He was a massive underdog for this fight.

Pretty epic card coming up. Some of my fav fighters to watch, Pyle is defately one of them, so is faber and both main event fighters. Overeem will be interesting I hope brown destroys him. But everyone will want to see Hall fight. despite losing the finale he is surely still one of the most exciting prospects and easily the most creative and brutal strikers in the game sending like ~4 guys to the hospital. Looked to me like he just got stage fright in the finale, expect him to be much much better.

It's a UFC fight night so wondering if it's not pay per view... probably is :(

the big thing not talked about here was Anderson's losss, it was going to happen at some point I mean hes knocking on 40 and Weidman is one scary mofo from the new generation of MMA fighters that are coming through which are a result of MMA becoming a big draw mainstream sport over the last decade. Was strange how even though Anderson has been the best MMA fighter of any division in memory I think everyone know he was going to lose this fight. Wish I could have seen it lol

ok wow seems Sonnen destroyed Rua round 1 sub, seems like he was in better shape for light heavyweight than he was for the Jones fight. That result will secure him as a top ranked 205 fighter.

Brown beat Overeem which was interesting. No idea how it went but the stats kinda suggest that Overeem put a beat down on Brown but somehow Brown pulled off a stoppage.

Can't believe Rua got caught in that guillotine by the same guy who gets subbed out of nowhere lol.

Yeah, Browne basically Anderson Silva/Steven Seagal'd kicked him and it was OVEReem.

yeah I managed to mysky a replay and watch it all.

Overeem actually looked vicious and absolutely pounded Brown and if anything over did it and gassed himself a bit.

Brown tried a couple of front kicks and Overeem simply did not respect or check them so brown kept throwing them and then one just connected and knocked Overeem on his arse. Superb.

Sonnen Just totally overpowered Rua, been a while since I've seen such a clinical guillotine choke

I don't really know what that means for the division, should boost Sonnen up into the top 6 but light heavyweight is so dominated by Bones Jones the whole division is just a no contest right now. Fights outside the belt are interesting but any fight involving Jones is pretty much a forgone conclusion.

then he calls out wanderlei silva. Interesting fight I guess, I thought wanderlei's last fight against Stann was basically his swan song. but now Sonnen vs. Silva looks like it may go ahead.

interesting event in brazil. at least 6 fights the underdog actually won.

JDS vs. Cain(c) 3 next up, man I hope JDS wins.

UFC Fight Night Sat. Nov. 9 Belfort vs. Henderson - and wow just saw this fight coming up, that will be worth watching.

The ultimate fighter series has been good too but Ronda is starting to **** me off. I was such a massive fan of hers but she is being too much of a douche im actually starting to like tate

Latest posts