• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

More info released.......

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 4 2005, 08:11 PM
how is it not deep. sure its not madden but it seems to be way better than the world league on ea rugby games

As Ak47 mentioned obtaining sponsorship in Franchise mode is included.
Are able to change existing players stats, and also change players from club to club prior to beginning a Franchise/season/one off game/origin (ie. Bring squads up to date for season 05/06).
In franchise the salary cap is automatically set to the team with the highest combined player value.
* Some aspects of franchise mode (securing sponsorship for instance) can be "automated" if required, and games can be simulated rather then played.
only limitations on the number of signings in Franchise mode are the number of available slots on your squad, your financial situation, the salary cap, and the individual interest of players in joining your squad.
noticed Ak47 that Mario replied to the affirmative to your post in the rugby league 2 forum - ie. Players "shop" around for better offers in franchise mode, and the computer controlled teams appear to approach your players as well.
*Created players in franchise mode are valued according to their abilities (ie. you will not be able to create an awesome player and then add him to your franchise team on a "free").
*The salary cap is set dependent on the changes you have made to the starting lineups of the franchise

that sounds like a pretty good franchise mode to me. and way better than the world league in ea games
yeah, no it looks good...very good esoj......must sort out my interwebby!!

Haha!! Nzl fan you cheeky devil!!
<

Here is a comparison of what I give other games (all sports of course)- all serious.
- Cricket 2002 - 6.5
- Cricket 2004 - 6.6
- Cricket 2005 - 1.8
- PES4 - 9.4
- BLIC - 8.7
- Brian Lara 99 - 7.4
- Madden 2005 - 9.0
- Gallop Racer 2 - 8.2
- Rugby 2005 - 7.8
- SJNRL - 7.8

PES4 and Madden win my review score...but for enjoyment of preferring the codes I probably enhoy rugby more now!!! But the BLICs is both reviewed highly and enjoyed on a level that is honestly for me higher than Maddens and PES4 (although, on the later, I respect the class of that ***le and that if it was a more popular spectator sport in new zealand and we were better and in the game I might like it as much if not more............But it is not)....and I play soccer too!! lol!!

But cricket and rugby are my sports....and the rugby is not up to scratch, but still enjoyable w/ big image and with a friend...but Blics is the shizzle mcfizzle...

especially now I'm at 1-1 with the aussies......no one's bringing me down now...

Bring down the Man!!!!!!!!!!

<
<

yeah Los online in rugby league is going to be awesome. I think we should organise something as soon as the game comes out and play each other and the other guys on the forum straight out of the box without any single player practice at all.

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 4 2005, 09:46 PM
yeah Los online in rugby league is going to be awesome. I think we should organise something as soon as the game comes out and play each other and the other guys on the forum straight out of the box without any single player practice at all.
it's funny you say that (or , I was worried you would..haha!!!)...because I always start slow and then overlap (curve wise)...Oh well....eventual domination will do!!

<

well i suggested without any practice to liven things up and that way we learn the game together. I will proabbly get owned in my first few games as well and will hopefully improve with time. Would also be cool to compare franchsie mode teams like who everyone signs up and how they go stuff like that

yeah mario replied saying "I should be happy given my expectations"

I was happy with this answer, as it confirms the negotiation/recruitment has a little extra spice on rugby 2005 system, which i stated isnt very good as u pay the same fee for a player every year....in franchises salarys fluctuate based on form, and NRL should include re-sgning players for extra/less, and at the same time have some AI negotiating competition - the PES system was great in that the AI teams would try and outbid u for top players

Anything in between Madden and Rugbys franchise systems would be good.

The training sounds awesome too......fluctuating form, injuries etc

you can also get fired by the owners if ur NOT coaching very well

i then asked - do we get written warnings on email or whatever - ie are we pressured that our job is on the line if results dont turn around

muzz replies - just wait and see, i cant give everything away

<
<
<

Happy days

The notch goes up another level

indeed man just more good news added to the list of the cool stuff that will be in rugby league 2

Originally posted by esoj@Aug 4 2005, 07:11 PM
how is it not deep. sure its not madden but it seems to be way better than the world league on ea rugby games

As Ak47 mentioned obtaining sponsorship in Franchise mode is included.
Are able to change existing players stats, and also change players from club to club prior to beginning a Franchise/season/one off game/origin (ie. Bring squads up to date for season 05/06).
In franchise the salary cap is automatically set to the team with the highest combined player value.
* Some aspects of franchise mode (securing sponsorship for instance) can be "automated" if required, and games can be simulated rather then played.
only limitations on the number of signings in Franchise mode are the number of available slots on your squad, your financial situation, the salary cap, and the individual interest of players in joining your squad.
noticed Ak47 that Mario replied to the affirmative to your post in the rugby league 2 forum - ie. Players "shop" around for better offers in franchise mode, and the computer controlled teams appear to approach your players as well.
*Created players in franchise mode are valued according to their abilities (ie. you will not be able to create an awesome player and then add him to your franchise team on a "free").
*The salary cap is set dependent on the changes you have made to the starting lineups of the franchise

that sounds like a pretty good franchise mode to me. and way better than the world league in ea games
Not disputing the last fact, but the Sad thing about is that is probably the best ever franchise mode for a Rugby Game of either code,

But if you want a deep franchise mode, play ESPN NHL 2K5, I would crap Broken Glass, eat it, then crap it again if it meant I could get a Rugby Game of that Calibar - both in Gameplay and Features.

point taken that madden or nhl games will be even better than and deeper than this. At least this is a start and a step in the right direction

diffinetly^^^

who knows what the next gen consoles will bring us in ever increasing demand and steady development of rugby/rugby leagues...

making bigsteps is sidhe....and the season mode on that sounds pretty cool to me..ill be able to bring back big ali and logan..throw away monty in the superleague and trade him for waterboy and some clean undies...bring motu tony...create rupeni and rokocoko and spend half my budget on them....ill put lockyer and johns in the rabbitohs to even up things too!

is this coming out on xbox?...shoot i wont be doin anything ive just said lol

Sidhe forums confirmed that Joey Johns may reject an offer if too low, or if someone else has outbidded

Therefore we have NEGOTIATIONS

BRING IT ON
BRING IT ON

Originally posted by Los Lover@Aug 16 2005, 02:40 PM
doesn't this come out soon?

More info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
precisely less than 39 business days left until october

My flatmate (and/or best mate of 10years) and his co-workers have rumoured that a delay is on the cards (this was said about 2 months ago tho).............he used to work at NRLstats, however have since resigned, as he did not like the monotenus number jogging etc 7-10 games a weekend - bye bye social life, and pub

He was providing the appropriate playerratings and stats etc.......so if u have any issues with a few players, blame him........I have already accused him of undermining Marshall Chalk and Jason Smith

Very good source, however the info is now a few months old, and since he quit;

a. he cannot confirm the credibilty of the rumour going forward
b. i dont get his free early copy
<

c. his name may not appear in the credits anymore
<

damn this game has tonnes of features............when this comes out, i dont think im going to cope with school................wait its coming out when i got exams!!!!
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Aug 7 2005, 03:50 AM
is this coming out on xbox?...shoot i wont be doin anything ive just said lol
im not sure if this is new to anyone... but various sources seem to confirm that its coming for xbox - but its still unknown as to when.

gamplay.co.uk has the super league rugby league 2 game set down to come out in 73 days at the time of the post. and i also found this picture, which seems to suggest its been officiated.

again.. this may be old news. im out of the circle.

7967.jpg

That pic pretty much confirms it, although last night when I saw Steven Price on TV3 playing Rugby League 2, he was only playing the PS2 version.

Graphically it look twice the game that it was, and the viewers perspective has been brought in closer, so you can actually make out who your controlling.

Price was complaining that his player wasn't fast enough, (he was joking) although he made a break with his own player and didn't know how to dot the ball down for the try!

Overall I would say that what I saw indicated that this game will live up to 90% of the hype. Which to me is more than enough.

Latest posts