• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v USA Perpignan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gavin @ Dec 10 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 11 2009, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never seen Munster fans so worried about a home game in the HEC.

I can understand it as I think they are going to get turned over, but Ive never seen it before.

I also think leinster are going to get turned over so i kinda hope Munster dont crach out at the same time.[/b]
Main reason is O'Gara is playing absolute **** and he can either win or lose a close match.
[/b][/quote]

plus we are leaking tries all over the place!!

A big game from Denis Hurley could herald the beginning of the end for Ian Dowling as a Munster regular. He's never let his team down but is no more than a (very) good squad player in my opinion. Hurley has been reborn since being shifted to the wing by Declan Kidney during the Churchill Cup. He has the size and strength to replace Shane Horgan in the Irish setup - that's something I didn't think I'd say of Hurley only 6 months ago!

True, but I would still prefer to see Dowling play, even at Howlett's expense. This is the type of game he excels in.

Our Scrum is going to be embarrassingly bad against the mighty Perpignan front row, even with du Preez. Our pack will front up well in front of a home crowd, but it is going to be an attritional game so we will need to kick our goals. Please let it be the man wearing 15 kicking them!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 11 2009, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've never seen Munster fans so worried about a home game in the HEC.

I can understand it as I think they are going to get turned over, but Ive never seen it before.[/b]
French team in Thomond? Nah.

Munster will revert to default mode. And ROG will perform. 'Tis in the blood.

14 minutes in and it's 6-12.

Doug Howlett is a shadow of the player he once was. He completely shied away from that tackle leading to USAP's 2nd try.

What a try. 21-23, 8 minutes remaining, USAP chasing a bonus point.

Crap.
The team with the tries lose to the team with the divisible by three scoreline :(

Jesus wept... :eek:

Disipline or not I want to see the highlights because if more than five of those penalties were because of "issues at the breakdown" I'll start crying. Whatever the IRB did over the summer to Rugby its killing it and you can't just be incredibly lazy and blame it on England.

Same old story for the french clubs at Thomond Park...

Losing by scoring 3 tries to 0. Well done ELV's ! Whatever, Perpignan were more opportunist than lamboyant tonight.

Poor defence from Munster.

Woeful discipline from USAP, the ref was very lenient with them.

Despite the socreline, Munster did try and play rugby, but maybe they forced it a bit. Thought they deserved it in the end.

2 of the tries given away was due to **** poor defence. Good to see Rog doing his bit again.

I sincerely hope that Saturday and Sunday brings some thrilling, climatic rugby with lots of wild trys and dazzling play because this is frankly embarrasing.

Hey, guys...

SamLJackson.jpg

TRIES, MOTHERF*CKER! HAVE YOU HEARD OF THEM?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Dec 11 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2 of the tries given away was due to **** poor defence. Good to see Rog doing his bit again.[/b]
He kicked well.....but that's all he did. Munster's game plan was reminiscent of South Africa - bloody effective but incredibly boring for a neutral spectator. Whenever O'Gara did pass it, the ball went to Mafi who always tucks it under one arm. Earls, Hurley, Howlett and Warwick were reduced to chasing kicks because they weren't going to get the ball in their hands.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Dec 12 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good to see Rog doing his bit again.[/b]
Yeah, drop goal was excellent. Back to his usual - couple of missed kicks and tackles, but managed the game just right. Was wondering about the two penalties at the end, when he went for touch - the first one was fine for running down the clock, but the second looked like a bonus-point denier, and O'Leary did the sensible thing in the end.

Piggies defence very good, and ROG failed to go wide on his right at about 70 and grubbered through - no confidence in the men out wide. Munster's biggest problem.

Warwick was so so - should have covered that last try by the cheeky "I can't hear you" Saffer, because he timed the high kick sweetly for his runners and was able to stay in defence. Howlett did enough to keep his place. Hurley unlucky with that knock on. And Quinlan was MOM.

Usual drama from Munster.

One thing for sure - TehMite will spend the knock-out phase of the tournament on the sideline making bitter comments about ROG. Oh, what could have been if only Saints had a clue!

in fairness thats all he ever does, all i ever expect. Maybe we should try an earls and dV centre, thought earls did well today. use mafi as an impact perhaps.

Latest posts