• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Rugby 08 Review: After 1 Match

Hey DC,

Are you playing it on PS3 or PS2 console? [/b]

ps3 i tried it on the ps2 tonight its pretty much the same :lol:

mala, i use the side view, i always have it makes it more challenging

andrew horton pass is r1 and l1 to go the backs r2 and l2 to go to the forewards you shouldnt have a problem with them at all

it does take a bit to get used to coming off the face buttons to pass though. Even i sometimes stuff it up when i am playing on the PC :)

Haha, from what the American boys have been saying it sounds like EA havn't let us all down like we were beginning to think.

And I can't believe you guys are taking the time to share the game details with everyone. If it was me I wouldn't be able to drag myself away. I've become too accustomed to a new Rugby ***le every year. 18months is too long wait! And the extra weeks delay is a killer!!!

With Murray at only 69 it sounds like they may have gotten a few stats wrong. Being a Kiwi I'm particularly interested in Mils Muliai'ina and Rodney So'oialo. Please tell me that these two guys are above 78 this time?!

Nwali - he was a beast

It was better to start as the chiefs since you got tahana and masaga as well. These two are better than nawali so I would start nawali at centre until I could get someone better.

Problem is wings with 85+ speed made the game too easy.

Guys I rang EB Games here (Australia) today and they say the game doesn't come out until next week, anyone else know anything about this??

<div class='quotemain'>
Yes!! Finally, hope seems in sight!

Okay -- all those lucky ******** who've got the game: Is the Force's Subiaco Oval (Perth) and the Cheetah's Bloemfontein stadium included?!

Please!

I swear I'll buy the game just for this.

Oh and is Pretoria (and Bloemfontein - if it's in the game), a day or night stadium?
[/b]

All three are in the game, but only Cheetahs is a day stadium (of the three).
[/b][/quote]

Awesome ****!! But I've also been really bummed-out to find Pretoria in '06 (and obviously in this version) to be a night stadium only. Loftus is known for it's afternoon matches... But I suppose they base it on the Super 14 matches -- where they're all night games pretty much, aren't they? So I can see why they'd make it a night-stadium only. It's only the odd-out Currie Cup/Blue Bulls, and Springbok match where they play afternoon matches, really... But both options would've been great.

So what about the other SA'can stadiums? Durbs, Jozi and Newlands? Day? Night? Day and night? Dusk? What what.

And I take the Lions is included, and the W.P. with their new blue outfits? Should be, ofcourse.

I probably seem like such a retard for being so absolutely fascinated with the stadiums... But they make the atmos, don't they? :p

mortlock doesnt have a star everyone

for australia - gregan, larkham, giteau, tuqiri, latham and smith (whos on the bench) have stars

heres a screenie i took

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenieot3.jpg
[/b]

Thank Christ Smith has a star!

I know this might seem sad - but I was contemplating not buying this if Smith didn't have a star because he's my favourite players.

Anyways, as soon as I get this - Phil Waugh is going straight to the bench where he'll probably see very little game time!

Also, Tuqiri doesn't deserve a star.

hey guys i was just wondering if Josh Holmes and Timana Tahu (highly doubt this one) are in the NSW Waratahs squad?? If so, what are their ratings??? thanks for all this, really appreciate it

Here's what I have found so far to some of the questions.

Top 10 International team ratings: NZ: 94, France: 92, Aus: 90, Ireland: 90, SA: 89, Eng: 89, Arg: 80, Italy: 75, Scotland: 75, Samoa: 74.

Ireland Star Players: O'Gara and BOD. No Paul O.

Munster rating: 71; Leinster rating: 70; Bath rating: 63; The Recreation Ground is in the game

Hope this helps. Off to 7s practice then it's back home to play Rugby 08. Cheers!
[/b]

Ireland and Munster look good so! :bana:

And Ireland rate higher than S.A and the same as Wallabies! Controversial but I like it!

The only thing that doesn't add up is that the wallabies have is it 5 or 6 stars whereas Ireland, team rating the same, have 2?

Ah well, mustn't grumble!

The only thing that doesn't add up is that the wallabies have is it 5 or 6 stars whereas Ireland, team rating the same, have 2?
[/b]
Maybe the player stats for Ireland are more balanced eg. a whole bunch of good players but not many great players, where Australia have plenty average players and plenty great players.....

What do the Aussie Super 14 Franchises rate, in particular the Force in comparison to the Waratahs and the Reds...

Guys I rang EB Games here (Australia) today and they say the game doesn't come out until next week, anyone else know anything about this??
[/b]
Yes. It's been known for quite a while that it's coming out on the 26th.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Maybe the player stats for Ireland are more balanced eg. a whole bunch of good players but not many great players, where Australia have plenty average players and plenty great players.....
[/b][/quote]
Yeah true, and that would probably be fair if its the case.

So lads just to put the munster/leinster stats in perspective if ye getta chance can you chuck in some of the good european club stats e.g. Leicester, Wasps, Toulouse, Biarritz, Stade Francais?

Your feeding the information animals not lucky enough to be stateside and playing this is much appreciated!

i would just like to know what rating is gordon d'arcy cos he has been immense in the irish backline even shadowing BOD in the recent 6 nations!! oh yea id also like to know what rating is andrew trimble.. and just one more thing.. is shane horgan a bit faster??? cos he'd get caught my forwards in 06 and he's really not THAT slow hahah. strange how o'gara got a star.. i was hoping it would be paul o'connell!! cheers...

oh yeah one more thing... is matfield the best second rower along with fourie du preez being the best half back in the game??? cos they are both rated as the best in the world at their positions.

Du Preez isnt a star, ive seen from previous posts and the youtube video. He cant be the best, as EA have gona with Gregan and Pichot again as stars, rather than Du Preez and Peel. Unfortunate

Du Preez isnt a star, ive seen from previous posts and the youtube video. He cant be the best, as EA have gona with Gregan and Pichot again as stars, rather than Du Preez and Peel. Unfortunate [/b]

Here is my question to the American boys who could get their hands on this game.Could you see or find any bugs in the game? 06 had a few bugs that wasn't great how is 08 on bugs? :bravo:

Thanks.

You guys are obsessed with player stats. That's all I seem to see on this forum. Surely the gameplay is more important, especially as all player stats can be edited anyhow ? Sounds like the same is still too easy so your chosen team's stats will probs have to be dumbed down anyhow to get anything of a challenge from it.

I think I'll wait until it's been out for a few weeks before deciding whether to buy, the initial impressions from the Americans sound quite promising but it's too early to tell yet, for me. If it had had online play then I would have bought it for sure, but it hasn't.

Du Preez isnt a star, ive seen from previous posts and the youtube video. He cant be the best, as EA have gona with Gregan and Pichot again as stars, rather than Du Preez and Peel. Unfortunate
[/b]

come on now mate.
i know youre welsh and all, and that peel is a good enough player but hes not in the same league as du preez and, much as it pains me to say it gregan. hes good, but he doesnt deserve a star.

Latest posts