• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

.......just seen he has his first yellow after winning first stage so his TDF has started real well.......how could I ever doubt it!!!!

Haha. I deliberately didn't post, as wasn't sure if you'd have seen the race yet.
Looked like the Cav of old. Track training seems to have increased his stamina, so whilst he may not have the top speed, he can go from a bit further out.

@Rich Taff

Brilliant finish to an otherwise uninteresting day other than for another fall for Contador!! He must be beginning to feel like Froome did when he had to abandon in 2013 (or 4?)!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to say anything about todays stage until I hear from @Tony Manx

Having to catch all the highlights at 6pm on Eurosports, so quite entertaining so far. None of the big guns showing their hands yet, but next few days could be interesting with some fair category climbs coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a hell of a finish from the "over the hill" Cav!!!!

Absolutely stunned and so happy for him to have come back after the last few years as he has done!!

You could say it was down to Renshaw, Eisel and the Bosunharg guy but they went missing today! He got himself onto Kittel's wheel and powered past him for the win!

Great performance and also from the 3rd place English guy in his first TDF!!

The leader has 5 minutes?!!!!! He is going to take some catching......next three days in the mountains will be fun......

5 more stages for Cav to equal the record of Mercxx as in most stages ever won..... Not bad for a sprinter!!

Organisers are going to be kicking themselves.
'Lets put more flat stages in, to stop Froome et al winning'.
7 stages later
Brits have won 4 of seven stages, and SKy haven't even got started yet. :)

Got to love the way Cummings rides.

The TdF has its own unique brand of madness. Today's collapsing flamme rouge was on a par with the Orica Greenedge bus getting stuck at the finish line a couple of years ago.

Think Cummings greatest moment was when the two guys were staring at each other last year, and he just blitzed past them. I still think they thought he was a paperboy who just happened to be passing, until it was too late.

He certainly gave Nibili a spanking!!

Did the main contenders already know that the time was being taken from before the collapse? Froome seemed to be talking to them one by one as they drafted to the finish line!!

Be interested to see when and how Froome starts to take some of the time back out of the leader who increased his lead yesterday......

Ha....leader out the back and now 7 minutes down with still 45 km and two hills to go!

Cav is currently over 20 minutes down and in danger of being timed out.....

Fabulous new skills and tactics on display today and well worth a catch up......!!

That was a very good stage to watch. Expected Froome to attack very hard during the last climb.

According to BBC teletext, Cav managed to retain his green jersey!

ITV4 went off air as he was within 2 km of finish with clock at 38 minutes and he needed to be finished within 38 minutes?!!

I'm guessing Froome spent most of the Winter going downhill. Incredible display of descending (especially considering it's always been seen as his weakness)

What a brilliant performance by Adam Yates!!!

After today you can see why the Pyrenees are beautiful....and green!!

More surprises from Sky but what was Quintana thinking?

Ventoux been shortened tomorrow due to high winds and final 10k lopped off....surely that hurts Quintana more than Froome?!

Cav hit mechanicals and one wonders where he goes now with Rio beckoning and the green disappeared over the horizon?

Latest posts