• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

I'll join you Tony!

It's not really caught my imagination yet, but Froome's already handily placed. He's come close a couple of times before and while Sky's team is second string it's still stronger than most. Have any of the other big guns made this their season's priority?

The countryside has been more enjoyable than the lack of racing so far!!

The usual suspects are there in Froome, Quintana, Valverde plus another guy who's name escapes me....Cancellara!!

Am not sure that anyone has made it a priority - Froome was a late entry and the rest may see it as a make up for poor displays in TdF?

Last edited:
Grand win from the Brits and his team were great......

Glad his asthma was not a problem!!!

Super timing to break free and he did not half shift over the last couple of Klicks!

We still seem to be in the "phoney war" stage and maybe next week will see some of the GC guys showing something? Anything?!!!

Nothing happening so far. Only been catching highlights on Eurosport (who annoyingly tend to give the result in the damn news before it comes on!)

ITV4 is on at 19.00 !

Stop press - yet another crash and neutralised ending as Tour leaves Galicia!!

Excitement over - back to sleep!!

ITV4 is on at 19.00 !

Stop press - yet another crash and neutralised ending as Tour leaves Galicia!!

Excitement over - back to sleep!!

Yeah, I turn on at 6:05 now, just in case. Can't help feeling the UCI guys are trying to mix things up too much lately, with far too technical finishes to some races, just to stop the Uberclimbers from winning things (or Sagan). Some of the corners are far too tight for the stages they're on.

Looking forward to watching a live broadcast tomorrow. @Tony Manx any idea which stage is the 'Queen stage' of the Vuelta?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me there @Rich Taff!!

Edit - stage 14 which leaves from Urdatx-Dantxarinea which is where I used to go over the border to get my cheap petrol more or less every week!!

Quintana did what he had to do and what he can do but must say Froome (and his team) were great and also quite brave to do what he did!!

Some climb....!!

Great to see the two big dogs going at it today. A few seconds back for Froome, the start of something?

If these two go at it like the last two days this could be fun!!!

Well the longest stage was a non event BUT it was wonderful to see the last 20/25 Kms over which I used to ride my quad bike and enjoy the fabulous countryside!! Ah.....

Movistar and Quintana saying they're going to need at least 2:30 lead to hold of Froome on the TT. What the heck kinda crazy TT course is it?

Movistar and Quintana saying they're going to need at least 2:30 lead to hold of Froome on the TT. What the heck kinda crazy TT course is it?

Come down as has previously stated 3 minutes at least!!

Time Trial amounts to 39kms from Javea (where my dad in law is buried) to Calpe (where my parents used to live) on an undulating but by no means mountainous stage!!

Last edited:
Saturday was a great day of racing and Froome did great. However, for whatever reason, it would appear that the effort took far too much out of Froome but, perhaps more importantly, his team!

Vuelta over.....!!

Yes, it seems Froome has tried to do good at 'La Vuelta' but his team has not been able to respond appropriately. We'll continue following if Contador finally can improve his result and if Froome can keep the second place. The winner seems Quintana for sure.

Yes, it seems Froome has tried to do good at 'La Vuelta' but his team has not been able to respond appropriately. We'll continue following if Contador finally can improve his result and if Froome can keep the second place. The winner seems Quintana for sure.

My disappearance is not connected to the progress, or not, of Froome but am only intermittently able to get to wifi and only can access BBC and ITV1........!!!

Sure! There is still a great final at the penultimate stage at 'Aitana' which is near where I live. I will be there supporting all the cyclists (I actually don't have any favorite) and I think that the podium will be decided there.

By the way the Javea area has undergone tremendous fires these days , hopefully the stage to continue...

Great TT by Froome today, but that stage 15 has cost him the Vuelta I think.
First time I've ever seen Sky get caught out like that, but can see some really interesting tactics tomorrow, with Sky, Tinkoff and OBE combining to bring the pain to Movistar.
It's not quite over yet :) @Sly07 I hope you enjoy it. Could be very exciting!

Latest posts