• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Guess with no sprinter, Sky had no alternative but to attack and that they did......

G looked out on his feet just before they finally caught him - BBC lost mobile coverage at the crucial time and ruined the ending!! Thought Stannard would have done better considering he had a fairly easy last 50km?

Bodes will for next week which is probably the only event I will be watching from Rio.........

I think G was just trying to break up the group a bit rather than really attack, but having found himself in front he had no choice but to go for it. Stannard played the perfect supporting role, just sitting on the back of the group doing no work, and only bridging across when the gap was closing. If he had been given free licence earlier i think he might have been able to stay away.

I rode the road up Ranmore the previous week - puffing and panting in my lowest gear. Quite humbling to watch the pros treat it as little more than a speed bump!

I think G was just trying to break up the group a bit rather than really attack, but having found himself in front he had no choice but to go for it. Stannard played the perfect supporting role, just sitting on the back of the group doing no work, and only bridging across when the gap was closing. If he had been given free licence earlier i think he might have been able to stay away.

I rode the road up Ranmore the previous week - puffing and panting in my lowest gear. Quite humbling to watch the pros treat it as little more than a speed bump!

I would be puffing and panting on my bike too and it is electrically assisted!!!

Good race in Rio spoilt by the absurd Boardman who got just about everything wrong.......he has to be worse with a Mike than Dewi Morris with his nasal incantations of rubbish!!

Thought Froome was very poor today and Nibali was unfortunate. Would have liked to see what happened to the latter but seems to me it was not his fault?

Boardman isn't usually that bad but he was awful today. Got Aru and Nibali muddled up in a close up! Aru has about the most distinctive riding style imaginable. Sensational race though.

Thomas was probably the most disappointing part for me not convinced he had the legs at the end had he been there. Still throughly enjoyable.

Ladies race is looking really interesting on the same great course - although shorter - than the men!

Loving the number of times after just 70k that Boardman is forced into saying "I am surprised at that......" As another of his instantaneous and silly predictions proves to be wrong again!!

This is anyone's!

Sorry for the crash but......**** happens contrary what Boardman says!!

To be overtaken at 100 meters in 1st then not medel must be absolutely gutting.

Well the good news is Van Vleuten is relatively healthy. I did fear it would be quite a horrific injury due to the way she landed and what impacted where but didn't really want to get a in a war of words yesterday when we had no detail.

I agree with both Boardman and Tony Manxx to some degree. On one hand it's cycle racing and hairy decents with danager are part of the thrill and excitment of watching it. Plus Van Vleuten could of gone down far more controlled like Abbott.
However it was also quite clear that any mistake on that decent would be quite dangerous due to deepness of gutters and height of curbs. I know it's virtually impossble to cover the entire decent but some kind safety barrier might have been a good idea on the corners.

Mitgate the extent of potential injury rather the take out the technicality. I loved the racing.

Latest posts