• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Cycling season

Hoping for a British first and second on the podium for the Giro. Froome did well today but his bad start has cost him big time, he needed more than just 10 seconds, however Yates is looking fantastic! The time trial on Tuesday will give Froome and Doumalin a chance to close the gap so we shall see what the GC is looking like after that

What do I know?

Extraordinary stage. One of the most incredible performances I've seen in any sport.

Really feel for Yates. His time will come, but class will out and Froome produced something truly special. Just occasionally you have to doff your hat to greatness and yesterday was one of those. Froome is mentally as hard as nails. Chapeau monsieur.

What do I know?

Extraordinary stage. One of the most incredible performances I've seen in any sport.

Really feel for Yates. His time will come, but class will out and Froome produced something truly special. Just occasionally you have to doff your hat to greatness and yesterday was one of those. Froome is mentally as hard as nails. Chapeau monsieur.

WOW! Was NOT expecting that. Never seen anything like it.
Was a VERY long version of his break on Alp d'huez in Le Tour.
Was probably my favourite Giro, as everything happened in it.

WOW! Was NOT expecting that. Never seen anything like it.
Was a VERY long version of his break on Alp d'huez in Le Tour.
Was probably my favourite Giro, as everything happened in it.

Brilliant, brutal race. Had everything. And a Tiger slam for Froome.

Best Giro I've seen in years! Well done Froome, gutted for Yates though!
Talking about that incredible performance from Froome the other day, it reminded me a bit of Andy Schleck in the Tour de France a few years ago when he attacked with 120km to go.

Case against Froome dropped. Good, never made sense.

Now he's free to continue his bid for world domination with Le Tour again. Wouldn't bet against him.

The phoney war is over. Up into the Alps today and the big boys will start to come out to play.

Shame they're not finishing on a summit today but still should be a good stage given the number of tough climbs

Thomas going very very nicely.

My money's still on Froome. As we saw in the Giro he can blow a race apart like no-one else.

Not impossible that it could all come down to the time trial on the final Saturday. Sky on Sky, Eng v Wales....

Loved today's short stage. Racing all the way.

G's to lose.
Been trying to stay away from this thread in case I jinx it. (yeah, a guy 500 miles away typing on a PC is going to affect a bike race....)
G looking crazy strong, and also a top TT racer, so this is looking good.
Then again, he has the most awful luck on final stages. 2 punctures on the Criterium, and don't forget the puncture in the Commonwealth games.
Should be edge of the seat stuff anyway.
Can't wait.

Props to Froome for not being a gloryhound and actually being the ultimate super-domestique as well :)

The margin should be fine, provided he keeps it clean and error free. Dumoulin - just the world TT champ - will be eyeballs out and ready to pounce on the slightest slip or sign of weakness.

G would be a very worthy winner, but let's not forget that both Froome and Dumoulin rode the Giro too. There's a reason why GC riders generally don't! Because of that I'd say Froome is still just about Sky's alpha male, and we saw that in the riding order until recent days.

Bernal has been crazy good in support up in the hills. Think he'll have earned himself a massive pay rise. Sky will want to keep hold of him.

The Yates boys have done their apprenticeships elsewhere. About time they were bought in to the Sky fold so they can actually start winning things.

The margin should be fine, provided he keeps it clean and error free. Dumoulin - just the world TT champ - will be eyeballs out and ready to pounce on the slightest slip or sign of weakness.

G would be a very worthy winner, but let's not forget that both Froome and Dumoulin rode the Giro too. There's a reason why GC riders generally don't! Because of that I'd say Froome is still just about Sky's alpha male, and we saw that in the riding order until recent days.

Bernal has been crazy good in support up in the hills. Think he'll have earned himself a massive pay rise. Sky will want to keep hold of him.

The Yates boys have done their apprenticeships elsewhere. About time they were bought in to the Sky fold so they can actually start winning things.

Ok, finally think it's safe to say he's got it! ;)
Such a strong performance, especially in the TT. He was running away with it until he was told to calm down, and just finish.
Great win from Kwiatkowski in the Tour of Poland, after putting in such a huge effort as the super-domestique in the TDF.

Oh, and Bernal is definitely one for the future. Nasty accident he had, but good to see he's ok.

Crazy Sky team for the tour of Britain.

Froome, G, Stannard, Kiryienka, Pouls, Wisniowski

That's a Grand Tour team!

Good ride from Yates yesterday. Riding a lot smarter than he did at the Giro. One last big push....

If he does it that's all 3 Grand Tours to different Brits this year and 5 consecutive to Brits overall. Starting to understand what it feels like to be an AB fan.

Surely a Yates or 2 will end up at Sky at some point.

Latest posts