New Premiership A league format.

LeinsterMan (NotTigsMan)

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leicester
The structure of the Premiership Rugby A League has changed significantly this season, with 13 teams set to compete before the semi-finals and finals in April.

The six-team North Pool will play each other home and away, with the top two progressing to the semi-finals.

In the South Pool, the sides will play each other once. The top five after six matches then meet again, play an additional four games in a second phase mini-league with the top reaching the semi-finals.

The semi-finals are set to take place on the week commencing 22 April, with the final on Monday 30 April.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/new-premiership-rugby-a-league-launched/

The structure of the Premiership Rugby A League has changed significantly this season, with 13 teams set to compete before the semi-finals and finals in April.

The six-team North Pool will play each other home and away, with the top two progressing to the semi-finals.

In the South Pool, the sides will play each other once. The top five after six matches then meet again, play an additional four games in a second phase mini-league with the top reaching the semi-finals.

The semi-finals are set to take place on the week commencing 22 April, with the final on Monday 30 April.

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/new-premiership-rugby-a-league-launched/

Certainly seems to be a improvement on what was there already (I think). It does seem difficult to find any definitive information on the whole set up and structure though. Did this get a media launch? Or are the Northampton and Worcester club news stories the only bits and pieces so far?

As far as I can see this means the home and away legs now increase the number of games the A sides get.
North pool teams will play 12 (including semi and final). South pool teams will play 14 (including semi and final).

I wonder if any games will be televised?

Wonder if YC where invited so they could have 7 teams in each group.

As they're getting the same academy funding as everyone else (AFAIK), it seems crazy that they wouldn't take part. If the A-League is a worthwhile competition, surely members of YC's (or whatever they're calling themselves now that the plug has been pulled) academy are at a disadvantage versus members of the other 13 academies. The only rationale I can see against it is that it would seem phoney for them to be in the Premiership A-League, but Bristol are in it.

Latest posts