• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand vs England

<div class='quotemain'>
England have a really fine collection of wingers. Now they just need some centres.
[/b]

That is the overiding weakness in our backline at the moment.We've been struggling for an absolutely top quality centre since Greenwood's retirement. Of course it doesn't help than when guys have been on form they've been overlooked. Hipkiss, Clarke and Sinbad are just some of the players to have had excellent seasons wearing the 13 jersey at club level in the past, only to have been ignored by international selectors. 12 isn't such a worry for me. Flood, Barkley, Geraghty, Allen, Waldouck - we have plenty of creative footballers who, if they aren't quite ready yet, will soon be able to step up to the international stage.

Personally I'd like to see JSD given a run in the centre when the autumn internationals role around.
[/b][/quote]

I mean honestly we've got a prodigal talent at centre who's worn 22 so often that the ink's seeped through and tattoed it on his back... Why do all the England coaches have such a problem with Tait??? What's he done wrong? Why not bring him on for a bit this morning, for example....

Well I was up for this game and have to say was impressed with England's first 10 and last 10 minuets of the game. Bar that New Zealand played them off the park!

England showed potential tho!

<div class='quotemain'>
England have a really fine collection of wingers. Now they just need some centres.
[/b]

That is the overiding weakness in our backline at the moment.We've been struggling for an absolutely top quality centre since Greenwood's retirement. Of course it doesn't help than when guys have been on form they've been overlooked. Hipkiss, Clarke and Sinbad are just some of the players to have had excellent seasons wearing the 13 jersey at club level in the past, only to have been ignored by international selectors. 12 isn't such a worry for me. Flood, Barkley, Geraghty, Allen, Waldouck - we have plenty of creative footballers who, if they aren't quite ready yet, will soon be able to step up to the international stage.

Personally I'd like to see JSD given a run in the centre when the autumn internationals role around.
[/b][/quote]
I couldnt disagree more strongly about JSD being given a role in the centre for England. The guy can do it at Prem level in the centre but he isnt physical enough for test rugby there. He should be first choice on the wing for his country where if he can stay fit will become the god that he is at Glaws. He needs the space that the wing position gives him to use his silky skills and demonstrate his electric pace and balance.

I would actually have JSD at second five and have Barkley at centre to create a creative backline. Cipriani must surely be a shoe in now for the number ten jersey after Hodgsons shocking miss tackle.

Ojo has got some great pace and he has a keen eye like Habana for the intercept...whoever like Habana learnt he has to realise there are times he should not rush up. He needs a few pointers regarding defence as he didn't stick on Muliaiina when Nonu made his break. I think is Sackey was put on the other wing then Ojo and he would make a great wing pairing.

Choosing a fullback is not so simple for the English at the moment.

The English tight five in the rucks were fantastic...though they need to get their scrum sorted. Looks like they were lucky sometimes to get the free kick when the scrums collapsed and they were the team going backwards on the hit. Their loosies perhaps need to be a bit more mobile on defence as the Kiwi pack plays a more mobile game around the fringes when they pick and go. Those loosies and the halfback have to really move and play sweeper to cover the Kiwis when they make midfield busts.

How the English did not score that try in the corner at the beginning of the game baffles me (I was right there in that corner of the park) as it was a try for all money...he should not have been caught by a lumbering lock!!! Bring back Sackey for some real pace!!!

Strettle's pace is overated but he is still quick enough to outsprint Kaino to the corner. He just hesitated and showed no conviction in his finishing.

How the English did not score that try in the corner at the beginning of the game baffles me (I was right there in that corner of the park) as it was a try for all money...he should not have been caught by a lumbering lock!!! Bring back Sackey for some real pace!!![/b]

Watching that I initiallt thought "Well done Kano", and still do for that matter, but I do wonder if the occasion may have gotten to him slightly.I know how much class he has (the first time I saw him was the week before his England debut when he managed to turn half of Saints backline, especially Sean Lamont, inside out), but I would sooner have JSD or Chris Ashton in the lineup. All are about even (JSD slightly better in defence and Ashton a fair whack quicker), but he's the so-called experience player and he'll keep getting selected.

<div class='quotemain'> Sheri who??? best prop where??? you cant drive foward with your chin in your chest and your back not
straight. welcome to yoda school of proping :D all the hype don't make a good prop. [/b]

Yeah, about that... How many times exactly did Sommerville get away with not binding?

Besides, all the hype has been coming from the SH, we've not said a thing about him, it's Stevens and Mears that get all the talk.
[/b][/quote]

i can see how you got mixed up with Neemia Tialata and greg Sommerville. one is a big no neck
brown blood who is a loosehead prop and one is a not so big no neck white guy who is a tighthead
prop.Tialata was the one not binding whilst Sommerville was on the other side of the scrum chatting
about the weather whilst makeing a monkey out ot the guy who sent matt dunning (snigger,mmpphh)
off on a stretcher and showed what class the aussie front row is.

England were an absolute disgrace against New Zealand. C'mon, you guys have so much more resources compared to them. You're just ****, the most underachieving team of all time. You're a country of 50 Million against a country of 4 Million, for God's sake! You invented rugby, don't tell me you haven't had time to perfect it!

Pitiful. :wall:

robandrewcnt.jpg

Andrew believes his young tourists can only learn from the experience and will head to Christchurch for next week's second Test eager to bounce back.[/b]
******** they will! Dead cat bounce maybe.

I can't help but think what Stephen Jones will be writing this week... or maybe he'll take this week off lol. Seriously, if they're going to claim that the S14 and ELVs are producing 'powder-puff' forward play up there, then they can't afford to have anything less than domination in that department (let alone get annihilated) by any SH team.

England were an absolute disgrace against New Zealand. C'mon, you guys have so much more resources compared to them. You're just ****, the most underachieving team of all time. You're a country of 50 Million against a country of 4 Million, for God's sake! You invented rugby, don't tell me you haven't had time to perfect it!

Pitiful. :wall:
[/b]
Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.

Thank God rugby is the national sport of Wales - they really put it up to the World champions ... well, not this time round. Maybe next time? Or the time after that ...? :wall: :wall: :wall:

Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.[/b]
If Ireland were a country of 50 million people they'd be the world champions a few times over.

All Blacks played a good game too bad they didn't really finish them off and faded away in the last 10-15min. It could of been a right proper blowout but I guess 37-20 isn't too bad considering it was against the RWC 2007 finalist so yeah I was pretty happy about that.

I think England have the potential but theres too much expectation put on certain players like Andrew Sheridan who's a good scrummager but up against the experience of Yoda just couldn't quite do it. 2nd test should be good because after being humiliated by the All Blacks like that I'm sure the English will play alot harder come next week.

All Blacks played a good game too bad they didn't really finish them off and faded away in the last 10-15min. It could of been a right proper blowout but I guess 37-20 isn't too bad considering it was against the RWC 2007 finalist so yeah I was pretty happy about that.

I think England have the potential but theres too much expectation put on certain players like Andrew Sheridan who's a good scrummager but up against the experience of Yoda just couldn't quite do it. 2nd test should be good because after being humiliated by the All Blacks like that I'm sure the English will play alot harder come next week.

[/b]

I think Sheridan is over hyped and over rated . hopefully our linouts will be a bit better next weekend.
nonu and smith are getting better and better

2nd test should be good because after being humiliated by the All Blacks like that I'm sure the English will play alot harder come next week.[/b]

I disagree....I think that was the best the English forwards could do and that they actually had an edge on the All Blacks at ruck time. I think the AB's will be the ones getting better at scrums and rucks and ESPECAIALLY the lineouts. The English will only improve with their backs and if they have any sense WILL throw caution to the wind and trouble the AB's outwide. This will actually be good for the AB defence out wide as they need a bit of practice with their defensive patterns further out before the tri-nations begins.

Watching the English warm up they really do have a solid pack...they just need to get that pack to reach their potential like 2003. I have a firm belief that eventually one day soon they will shine in the backs when they use those talented flair players in the midfield and the two black wingers out wide as well as a world class fullback (though the fullback idea may take a while).

So next week expect a much better forward performance from the AB's and more attacking play from the English backs.

<div class='quotemain'>Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.[/b]
If Ireland were a country of 50 million people they'd be the world champions a few times over.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, we have the same problem in Argentina...In fact we only have about 80000 registered players in the whole country (even less than Ireland)

...the aftermatch celebration at a pub...the great night taking your woman home to bed hehe.
[/b]

So... uh... How'd it go :p

I wouldn't be suprised if we see a few changes to next weeks lineup. It'll be interesting to see if Kahui and Leonard get starts. I imagine that Leonard will reserve just because he hasn't played in a while but I'm not sure about Kahui as generally there are no Reserve Centres on the bench. He may even get a start.

it was a fantastic game, especially the last 5 minutes when stephen donald graced the eden park surface :D

seriously, another smashing by the all blacks. i never rated nonu and smith although they are really growing on me. they look dangerous.

<div class='quotemain'>Yes, so true. Ireland did much better from a miniscule player base.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

If Irelans was a country of 50,000,000 they'd all be playing Galic Football or roundypoofsit.

Latest posts