• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Season: Your Team

Eh? No he was just born in Limerick. And damn the poor wink smiley on this new forum ;)

I just saw that Nick Williams is going to Aironi.
Waste of money on the part of the Italians, or do you guys think it's a decent signing?

An excellent signing, shame it didn't work out here due to injury but when he was fit I was nothing but impressed. Huge power and excellent hands.

Dragons.

Quite a bit of movement here. A bit of dead wood has been released, with James Arlidge, Hoani MacDonald and Grant Webb moving on. Richard Fussell has moved to the Ospreys (why?). As metioned above, Sowden-Taylor and Mustoe are in, along with Mathew Jones. Team:

01 Hugh Gustafson
02 Tom Willis
03 Ben Castle (big weak link)
04 Luke Charteris
05 Robert Sidoli
06 Dan Lydiate
07 Gavin Thomas
08 Joe Bearman

09 Wayne Evans
10 Jason Tovey
11 Will Harries
12 Ashley Smith
13 Rhodri Gomer Davies/Mathew Watkins/Tom Riley
14 Aled Brew
15 Martyn Thomas (will miss start of season though)

16 Steve Jones
17 Dan Watchurst? (been impressed with him at underage level)
18 Ali McKenzy
19 Adam Jones
20 Toby Faletau
21 Danny Lee/Alex Walker
22 Mathew Jones
23 Tom Riley/Mathew Watkins/Rhodri Gomer Davies
24 Richard Mustoe

Probably not perfect, but not far off. Dragons need to look into recruiting a quality prop or two. Watchurst looks a good prospect, but again not great scrum time. McCenzie has been absent for alot of this season, must be injured, getting on a bit mind. They're also looking very thin at lock. Sidoli has improved again since joining the Dragons, but he's far from the quality needed really, whilst Adam Jones isn't all that good. Backup scrum half is also rather lacking.

I had a power cut (How exciting!! I haven't had one in ages!) half way through typing an in-depth Dragons round-up. They've also signed Nicky Griffiths, Scrum-Half from Doncaster and Blues lock Scott Morgan. Morgan Stoddart, Craig Mitchell, Darren Daniels, Hugo Ellis (Who?), Tom Prydie and Richard Mustoe all rumoured to be going/have talked with the Dragons.

Think Mitchell moving is his best bet, getting regular action would be good for him. I presume Prydie moving would be a loan move. Hugo Ellis is a No. 8 with Wasps who's old man played for Neath and im sure ive seen somewhere he has been capped for both Wales and England at youth international level.

Ellis is that big ginger #8 who was England U20 captain a few years ago :) Sky were hyping him up then, could be a good signing.

Be interesting to see if he is still eligible for Wales also.

Glasgow ins and outs

PLAYERS OUT SO FAR AT GLASGOW

Tim Barker to Ulster
Kelly Brown to Saracens
Mark McMillan to Bath
Dan Parks to Cardiff Blues
Dan Turner to Japan

PLAYERS IN SO FAR AT GLASGOW

Ryan Grant from Edinburgh
Aly Muldowney from Moseley

No idea as yet of any players being offered pro contracts from within the club scene, rumours of Frazer Climo who plays for Ayr being offered a deal excellent Fly Half who rearley misses kicks at goal he has been watched ah few time by Lineen and also Gregor Townsend, the loss of Parks is a huge blow as is the loss of Kelly Brown cheapskates at Glasgow only offered Parks 60K a year to re-sign where as Cardiff offered 120K. Definatly need to make more signings to improve on last year and maybe make an inpact in the Heiniken cup if nobody else comes in I can see Glasgow struggle majorly next season.

Last edited:
I had a power cut (How exciting!! I haven't had one in ages!) half way through typing an in-depth Dragons round-up. They've also signed Nicky Griffiths, Scrum-Half from Doncaster and Blues lock Scott Morgan. Morgan Stoddart, Craig Mitchell, Darren Daniels, Hugo Ellis (Who?), Tom Prydie and Richard Mustoe all rumoured to be going/have talked with the Dragons.

That's some quite interesting info. Forgot about Scott Morgan, that's a decent signing by the Dragons. Decent player who'll give his all. Agree that it would be a good move for Mitchell, but the Ospreys should be doing all they can to keep him as he's 100 times better than that useless c**t Cai Griffiths. Darren Daniels would have more chance with the Scarlets, as would Stoddard. Wonder if the Scarlets are looking at releasing Stoddard due to the injury clause thing, free up a bit of money!

Prydie on loan would be great for everyone concerned really. Dragons need someone while Martyn Thomas recovers, while a few months in the Magners would be great for Prydie himself, especially in his favoured fullback position. The Ospreys would also get some free experience really. I thought Mustoe had signed, or was atleast almost certain to sign.

Ellis looked like a good player at underage, if he's the guy I'm thinking of.

Overal I think Dragons have been just about spot on with the players they've released and recruted. Pitty Fussell decided to move though. Can see them having another strong season.

i like prydie as a player hope he does great things
ulster are re signing tim barker? always good when he played for us he was quite good

Felix Jones took part in full contact training with the Irish team during the week!! :D

Someone on MF says he has put on a few kilos and has the best times in the short sprints too, could have a huge impact on our season next year if we can keep him fit, he is going to be huge :D

That's great news. Leinster have used Ulster as a development province to get Eric Miller, Isaac Boss and Ed O'Donoghue. They've used Connacht to develop Stephen Knoop, Bernard Jackman, Chris Keane, Des Dillon, John Fogarty, Jamie Hagan, Ian Keatley and Fionn Carr. No they're letting Munster develop Felix Jones before Leinster clutch him back in 2011. Bravo Tony McGahan!

Haha in your dreams :p You let this guy slip, I'd love to go back and quote the Leinster fans saying they don't need him, how with Rob and Dave Kearney and more young guys coming through you were fine. Hopefully the injury doesn't limit him, if he reaches anywhere near his potential it will be great for Munster and Ireland.

Actually, I wonder how the two Italian squads are shaping up for next year? Where's Danit whenyou need him?

Here's my stab at Aironi Rugby:

15) Robertson
14) Demas
13) Pace
12) Pratichetti
11) Sepe
10) Hola
9) Canavosio
8) Williams
7) Sole
6) Persico
5) Geldenhuys
4) Bortolami
3) Aguero
2) Ongaro
1) Perugini

16) De Marchi
17) Milanii
18) Santamaria
19) Del Fava
20) Erasmus
21) Bocchino
22) Tebaldi
23) Clare

That's an okay squad. Probably around the bottom, but not as bad as some people seem to think. A mammoth front 5 and a decent backrow. Will push Connacht no doubt.

Savage pack, keep Nick Williams fit and he could be top try scorer. Excellent player, keeping him fit is a big ask though :L

Not sure if it has been confirmed actually, but it has been strongly suggested he will be there next season. Actually Wiki tells me he has - Aironi squad

HK Fabio Ongaro from Saracens [10]
PR Matias Aguero from Saracens
PR Salvatore Perugini from Bayonne[11]
PR Alberto de Marchi from Overmach Parma
PR Andrea de Marchi from Rugby Rovigo[12]
LK George Biagi from Rugby Club I Cavalieri Prato
LK Marco Bortolami from Gloucester Rugby[13]
FL Nicola Cattina from Rugby Calvisano
FL Simone Favaro from Overmach Parma
FL Gareth Krause from Venezia
N8 Nick Williams from Munster[14]
SH ***o Tebaldi from Gran Parma Rugby[15]
OH Riccardo Bocchino from Rugby Roma
CE Roberto Quartaroli from Overmach Parma
CE Giovanbattista Venditti from Gran Parma Rugby[16]
WG Giulio Rubini from Gran Parma Rugby
WG Danwel Demas from Cheetahs [17]
FB Paolo Buso from Rugby Roma

Last edited:
That's minus any Viadana players, who we can safely assume will participate.

O's wouldn't want to get loose Prydie. We could use another winger after Fussell left. IMHO the Dragons need a good centre pairing. Ashley Smith has played well lately, but we need another young one. I don't see Watkins staying around too much longer either. I wouldn't imagine the Scarlets releasing Stoddart right now, but with Martyn Thomas injured, a loan could work.

Latest posts