• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL 07-08 season

J

Jesse

Alright then training camp is about to begin so lets all have our picks on who will win the upcoming season. My favourite team is the Ravens but i think that the Pats will take it out this year. Also Rookies of the year. Cant wait till the season gets underway. :ranting:

Welcome to the Forum - Good to see another Kiwi NFL Fan...

Colts for the Repeat - Tom Brady to throw another interception on the final drive of the AFC Championship Game again.

Rookies of the Year will probably Mashawn Lynch for Offense and Reggie Nelson on the D.

Although if either Wayne or Harrison are injured or if the Saints WR's get the injury bug like last year look for Gonzalez and Meachem to be in with a sniff in those WR Friendly Offences.

CJ could also put up big numbers if the Lions just have Jon Kitna throwing it up in the air 40 times a game like last year

I think the Patriots will win, unless they meet the Broncos in the playoffs, we own the patroits :D! If the Colts dont have Super Bowl hangover they'll probably kick everyone's ass, but if they do watch out for the Broncos!!!

anthony gonzalez is going to be the best 3rd receiver in the nfl running the slot routes for the colts, the colts will win it all. Ohio State is bringin another ***le to indy!

browns will be **** like always.

I'm not such a big fan of NFL but am keen to know how the Super Bowl system works. I find it interesting how much it attracts Americans and the world to such a massive event. How are the two teams playing for that Bowl picked?

true! i'm getting my cable hooked up next week at my new place i've just moved to so i will probably follow it.

i'm not a big fan but only becoz i was unable to follow it before, will make more of an effort this time so i can enjoy playing madden more..

i think i'll back the bronco's this year..

I'm not such a big fan of NFL but am keen to know how the Super Bowl system works. I find it interesting how much it attracts Americans and the world to such a massive event. How are the two teams playing for that Bowl picked?
[/b]

They are picked at random where the NFL Commisoner pulls 2 teams names out of a cowboy hat.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

They are picked at random where the NFL Commisoner pulls 2 teams names out of a cowboy hat.
[/b][/quote]

:huh: Oh is that right? I am quite surprised really. I've never heard anything like that taking place in a particular sport.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

:huh: Oh is that right? I am quite surprised really. I've never heard anything like that taking place in a particular sport.
[/b][/quote]

I hope you realize he's just dicking you around...Anyway there are two conference of 16 teams, the NFC and the AFC. These are split into 4 divisions(NFC South, North, East and West and the same for the AFC). Basically they play each other in a 17 week season(1 bye week per team). At the end of the regular season all the division winners get a place in the playoffs along with 2 wild card teams(2 teams with the next best records). At this point the top two teams in each conference get a bye into the second round. So the #3 seed will play the #6 seed and the #4 will play the #5. It's a single elimination tournament until the champions of each conference playoff against each other in what is called the Super Bowl. Did you get that?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I hope you realize he's just dicking you around...Anyway there are two conference of 16 teams, the NFC and the AFC. These are split into 4 divisions(NFC South, North, East and West and the same for the AFC). Basically they play each other in a 17 week season(1 bye week per team). At the end of the regular season all the division winners get a place in the playoffs along with 2 wild card teams(2 teams with the next best records). At this point the top two teams in each conference get a bye into the second round. So the #3 seed will play the #6 seed and the #4 will play the #5. It's a single elimination tournament until the champions of each conference playoff against each other in what is called the Super Bowl. Did you get that?
[/b][/quote]

Thanx Ripper :ranting: you enjoyed that didn't you.

Yes I understood that more clearly fcukernaut, thanx :)

Who are you going to believe - me or a some silly Canadian.
[/b]

Your first post in this thread clearly indicates to me how much you know about the NFL, unlike me. Are you really "another" NFL fan?

lool.

I think Ron Mexico (aka Mike Vick) has other things on his mind, like trying to dodge dogfighting convictions. Even if he does dodge that, he still can't pass for ****, and getting 35 year old Joe Horn isn't going to change anything.

ronmexicofights.jpg

this year will be that of the chargers [/b]

It's a distinct possiblity given they were the best team last year and they got rid of their choke artist coach. It will depend on whether LT can stay healty or not. Really going into the year the Patriots have to be the favourites. Their offence is probably better than the Colts now, minus the recieving corps and their defence should be more than serviceable assuming they re-sign Asante Samuel. The Colts will miss the playoffs. That's my big call for the year.

Latest posts