• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Nobody beats Munster 5 times in a row", Leinster v Turnips, October 2

snoopy snoopy dog dog

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Leinster
It'll be a massacre.

Leinster: R Kearney; S Horgan, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, L Fitzgerald; J Sexton or I Nacewa, I Boss; C Healy, R Strauss, M Ross, N Hines, D Toner, D Ryan, S O'Brien, J Heaslip (capt).
Replacements: J Harris-Wright, H van der Merwe, S Shawe, M Galarza, R Ruddock, E Reddan, I Nacewa/I Madigan, F McFadden.

Munster: P Warwick; D Howlett, L Mafi, S Tuitupou, J Murphy; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; W du Preez, D Varley, J Hayes; D O'Callaghan, D Ryan; A Quinlan, N Ronan, D Leamy (cpt)
Replacements: S Henry, M Horan, D Hurley, M O'Driscoll, D Wallace, P Stringer, S Deasy, D Hurley.

Last edited:
Hey. That must be so embarrassing. And why on earth have you called Ulster turnips?

Last edited:
OMG you have like no idea! The most successful Irish province, losing so many times to such European also rans. I'm mortified!

I reckon Leinster are well up for this and I know our lads are.
It'll be sort of like a neutral venue because there alot of Munster going up and what better way for the Aviva to host it's first real rugby game.
I think Leinster are in a good position going in as they're not under huge pressure and well we are in fine form but form is irrelevant here. I don't believe it'll be a hammering for either but a tactical battle that will be tight until the end with the poising team getting a BP

God knows what'll happen.
Leinster will need a kick up the arse to beat Munster after the start of season they've had

Munster have dropped Wallace due to Niall Ronans fine form:

15. Warwick
14. Howlett
13. Mafi
12. Tuip can't remember spelling
11. Murphy
10. ROG
9. O'Leary
8. Leamy
7. Ronan
6. Quinny
5. Ryan
4. DOC
3. Buckley
2. Varley
1. Du Preez

Bench: Henry Hayes Horan O'Driscoll Wallace Stringer. 2 outside backs yet to be pencilled in. That way it looked anyway

I can't remember the last time I thought Munsters' backs look ace but the pack looks shite. Normally it's the other way around.

I can't remember the last time I thought Munsters' backs look ace but the pack looks shite. Normally it's the other way around.

Poor show mite, you're usually quite informed in the world of rugbydom, Munsters pack have been obliterating their opposition and look far better than last season. The pack is the reason Munster are unbeaten so far, the backs haven't done much.

COME ON LEINSTER!!!! I WANT ONE BLOODY DRIVE FOR FIVE TO PAY OFF THIS YEAR!!!

That said, I made fourty quid on the All Ireland final.

Poor show mite, you're usually quite informed in the world of rugbydom, Munsters pack have been obliterating their opposition and look far better than last season. The pack is the reason Munster are unbeaten so far, the backs haven't done much.

In did say 'look'. As in' on paper'.

I wouldn't know how anyone's been doing in the ML this season though, not even seen a ML table yet.

Munster's pack have been going well so far and Bullitt, I know on paper it might seem bit funny but fact is Varley is probably over-taking Flannery and well if he keeps improving the Irish shirts is there for the taking. This is easy to see with Cronin also going well with Connacht. Buckley went on summer tour last season with Ireland a hit-and-miss player and well came back an international class prop and well is the only player that can say he was excellent against New Zealand in that hammering. Wian Du Preez - Well all I can say is South Africa are nuts for letting him go not once but twice. He was here last year and well is a major part of how our scrum functions and in my opinion should be a starter for Springboks. Ryan is a very good player and is another who could break into Irish 22 on a regular basis.
Niall Ronan is getting alot of tries lately and well is performing excellent so I'm happy with our pack.

Also I believe if Johne Murphy goes well here then I think he's another that could be challenging for green jersey.

Looking forward to this ... going to be an interesting game. Munster for me will take it but you never count out Leinster ... at your peril.

They were last season and the season before. Anthony Foley has joined the backroom team during the summer and Munster have taken a back to basics approach. They look like they know what they're doing now and the new scrum coach has done alot of work over the summer and its start to get results. Theres been a massive difference from last season and thats why they've won 4 from 4 without the backs clicking.

I don't think Du Preez would be good enough for SA but hes decent. Buckley has overtaken Hayes. Hayes looks past it to be honest. Donnacha Ryan and Leamy are back from injury too which helps.

I don't see how Leinster can win this one.

It would be a massive turn around.

And I'll laugh myself sick if they do.

This thread is so funny, especially the fact that the author has called Ulster turnips!

I hope leinster win but they seem out of it this year if the players just played to their best they could win. Munster however have put out a pretty good side with the exception of ROG.