• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Nobody beats Munster 5 times in a row", Leinster v Turnips, October 2

This thread is so funny, especially the fact that the author has called Ulster turnips!

Are you for real? :lol: This thread is Leinester vs. Munster .... Ulster play Glasgow :/

Are you for real? :lol: This thread is Leinester vs. Munster .... Ulster play Glasgow :/

By Ulster I mean Leinster. Sorry guys! I can be a bit dumb sometimes.

Last edited:
Yeah, but you said Leinster = Turnips, so the ***le says "Leinster vs (Leinster)"
I'm well aware of who is actually playing :p

Yeah, but you said Leinster = Turnips, so the ***le says "Leinster vs (Leinster)"
I'm well aware of who is actually playing :p

I am really silly, but I did think that it read Munster instead of Leinster!

What's the weather going to be like?
I hope it doesn't turn into a whos-got-the-better-fly-half kicking contest, i'd love to see a massive matchup, but maybe the fear of losing will cause them to hold back a bit? Especially for Leinster, who aren't coming from the strongest start

2 interesting calls. If team is fully fit Horgan starts ahead of Nacewa on wing dispite being poor last week and Boss ahead of Reddan.
Must say 2 calls that are of interest. Boss is a good player and well won't weaken Leinster but Horgan ahead of Nacewa is strange

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/newsroom/5110.php

Cian Healy starts in the front row alongside Mike Ross while Sean O'Brien and Nathan Hines also return to the starting line up. O'Brien is named in the back row alongside Dominic Ryan and Jamie Heaslip, who leads the team.

In the backline, Gordon D'Arcy continues his centre partnership with Brian O'Driscoll, with Luke Fitzgerald, Shane Horgan and Rob Kearney forming the back three.
A decision on Jonathan Sexton's availability will be made closer to kick off.

LEINSTER:

15: Rob Kearney
14: Shane Horgan
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Luke Fitzgerald
10: Jonathan Sexton / Isa Nacewa
9: Isaac Boss

1: Cian Healy
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Nathan Hines
5: Devin Toner
6: Dominic Ryan
7: Sean O'Brien
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Jason Harris-Wright
17: Heinke van der Merwe
18: Simon Shawe
19: Mariano Galarza
20: Rhys Ruddock
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Isa Nacewa / Ian Madigan
23: Fergus McFadden

It's such an easy fixture for Leinster that Joe Schmidt is able to blood Dominic Ryan, Jason Harris-Wright and Rhys Ruddock. It's a good idea- keep the senior players in reserve for more testing opposition.

I'm delighted that Ryan gets a start because he's quite possibly been Leinster's best forward so far this season. Heaslip captaining the team is another great call.

Not going to lie but Rhys Ruddock has the making of a good backrow forward. Was really impressed with him out in the EOYT with Ireland.

Last edited:
Snoop I doubt Leinster will think this is easy but Ryan has deserved his spot in the team and is worth his starting spot.
But still can't wait to see battle of backrows. Leamy will want to produce a big game.

Yeah, Rhys Ruddock looks like a fine player and will be a huge asset in the future. I bet that Declan Kidney gave him a token 10 minutes against Australia during the summer to copper fasten his switch to the country of his birth. I'd have him behind Kevin McLaughlin, Sean O'Brien and Dominic Ryan in the Leinster blindside flanker pecking order at present but he could easily force his way to the top of the queue over the next 12-18 months.

Ha well if we win that will hurt Leinster going in to Heineken cup and well a bad start in that and Schmidt will be looking over his shoulder to avoid a P45. Although I know he won't be sacked but this game is massive for both teams and fact it a derby only adds to glitz.

And on side note what player is left out :)

Latest posts