• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Nobody beats Munster 5 times in a row", Leinster v Turnips, October 2

My 2 cents
Munster dominated the first 40 completely with a few moments for leinster getting the into position to attack. Munster played a classic Munster type game foward domination using ROG to kick Leinster back into their half. Leinster in the fist half looked lost with Isa at 10 he doesn't control the game enough to be a 10 he seem to whip the ball away and not make very good kicks to touch, he was good in the attacking department but with the backs lost they couldn't like and scorer any tries. Sexton came on and took over he bossed it a a lot better and gave the whole team direction. The pack was only alright Munster's were much more physical and got a good platform for Rog to kick from.

Reddan changed the game for Leinster, not Sexton, he brought far more purpose to the game than Boss, whose crabbing and hospital passes gave the Munster defence an easy ride. Jonny would have looked as clueless playing outside Boss as Ica did. Seriously worrying for Leinster if he starts next week.

Major issues for Munster to sort out ahead of next week, scrum and lineout wasn't up to scratch and they offered nothing in attack, don't recall them threatening our line at all.

Massive brain fart from O'Leary at the end, not sure what was going through his head at all.

Mafi wil be very lucky if he doesn't get some time off for that clothesline on D'Arcy.

I thought Lenister were lucky enough to win. They gave away far too much ball at the breakdown and made far too many handling errors. Their attacking ideas were good but often clumsily executed resulting in dropped balls. I was impressed with a few of Leinster's players. Heaslip, O'Brien and O'Driscoll stuck out for me.
Munster fans can blame Lifeimi Mafi largely for their loss. He must've put a few bob on a Munster player getting sin binned in the bookies. He got away with an absolutely filthy high tackle on the glorious king and then went and did it again on Kearney (who looked much improved btw). What a totally stupid thing to do. I know players can often do stupid things like this without thinking in the heat of the moment but twice in one match is just retarded

he probably thought, got away with it already why not chance my arm again. Clown

Well lads disappointed but not much. Reality is we couldve won the game and were the better team for periods. Reddan and Sexton came on and Leinster tempo increased. Happy with our performance and well I would question a few touch judge decisions but can't comment as I haven't seen any replays. Buckley was a big loss for us but Heaslip was immense again for Leinster.
Overall though fair play Leinster in what I must say was a good hard sporting game and well roll on next weekend.

On a side note I may have questioned some touch judges decisions but the ref was excellent I thought and well the best I've seen from France in a while. Hope to see him more as he controlled game well and wasn't fussy

Also just seen comment on Mafi and well I agree he deserved sin bin but for tackle on D'Arcy the replays showed clearly he was going for ball and it was a fair challenge

If O'Brien doesn't get a ban for gouging Mafi won't get a ban for a high tackle. Celtic League disciplinary system needs serious work.

Also just seen comment on Mafi and well I agree he deserved sin bin but for tackle on D'Arcy the replays showed clearly he was going for ball and it was a fair challenge

********. Round the neck is never fair.

Anyway, here are my musings in abbreviated form:

• It's always nice to get one over on MUnster, yet again. Good result.
    Lukey Fitz and Kearney appear to be hitting top form again. Far more threatening in the second half than they have been for much of the year.

• While Toner brought alot of stability to the lineout, he and Hines seemed to b e lacking a certain amount of physicality you'd have expected to see in a game like this.

• Our scrum was once again excellent. We can be pretty confident that it will at least be a match for Racing's.

• Why is old man Hayes still playing rugby? He was bloody poor again today. If I were to select 4 props for Ireland today they'd be Buckley and Ross at TH and Healy and Court at LH. I'll be very disappointed if Horan or Hayes travel to New Zealand.

• O'Gara had a good game. He controlled the tempo pretty well it the first half and found his corners nicely. However, there were a few times when he really should have looked for the drop goal just to keep the scoreboard ticking over. The one time he did, he looked very ponderous. I'm still for Sexton at 10 in the AI's

• Mafi can bugger of back to Tonga. Ill disciplined scumbag.

Munster were on top in the 1st half and Leinster were far better in the 2nd period. 13-9 is a fair result but there's plenty to work on for both teams.

Nobody beats Munster 6 times in a row...........;)

After a night of wailing and gnashing of teeth i have come to some conclusions.

First one is that Munsters form was still there, consistently average.

Leinster really stepped it up when required, fair play. But their still awsn't too much between the teams.

I fear big time for both provinces now in the HC and am very very worried about Ireland. If an Ireland team is picked on form it'd be unrecognisable to the teams we have/ will field.

i.e. on form Ireland team

15 Duffy
14 Carr
13 Bowe
12 P. Wallace
11. Fitz
10 Keatly
9 Murphy
8 Heaslip
7 ........
6 Ferris
5 Ryan
4 DOC
3 Hagan
2 Cronin
1 Healy

Now that team is probably exaggerated to prove a point, but it alos shows how fewo four top players have (i) Gametime (ii) Fitness or (iii) form.

worrying times

Leinster really stepped it up when required, fair play. But their still awsn't too much between the teams.

I fear big time for both provinces now in the HC and am very very worried about Ireland. If an Ireland team is picked on form it'd be unrecognisable to the teams we have/ will field.

15 Duffy
14 Carr
13 Bowe
12 P. Wallace
11. Fitz
10 Keatly
9 Murphy
8 Heaslip
7 ........
6 Ferris
5 Ryan
4 DOC
3 Hagan
2 Cronin
1 Healy

Now that team is probably exaggerated to prove a point, but it alos shows how fewo four top players have (i) Gametime (ii) Fitness or (iii) form.

worrying times

Terrible team, would get hammered. There's good club form and there's international class so players like Duffy wouldn't be anywhere near ready. Hagan will be good enough, but not yet, same for Keatley. Also, why play the best winger in the Northern Hemisphere in the centre? Pointless.

Alot of our international players are apparently lacking form as they're getting bugger all game time.

Agree with most of that Feic, but is Bowe the best winger in the NH?
He may have put him at 13 cuz that's where he's played all of his rugby for us this season so far and to accomodate Fitzgerald and Carr, who I guess deserves a go, cuz he's been on FAYAAARRRRRR!!

15 Duffy
14 Carr
13 Bowe
12 P. Wallace
11. Fitz
10 Keatly
9 Murphy
8 Heaslip
7 ........
6 Ferris
5 Ryan
4 DOC
3 Hagan
2 Cronin
1 Healy

worrying times

tom court and trimble are all playing well at the moment trimbles running game is great at the moment only on form wing in ulster
court had a great game against glasgow and has played well in his other games (its bryan young who makes are scrum ****)

A good result for Leinster hopefully this will fire them up. I'm not to worried about the HC we have the ability and Munster seem to be playing well in the forwards and have a good back line. Leinster have the ability to do great things but they need structure. Munster still havn't need to use their backs even more and O'gara needs to vary his game a bit more however the forward seem to competing well at the breakdown. Both Scrums are a great improvement but Munster need Buckley. I am optimistic about Ireland there is now so many options and choices to be made and competition is great Ulster and connacht are now also showing that they have talented players. This result should give a boost for Leinster but there are plenty of positives for Munster. In my opinion there is so much potential in Ireland and all the provinces are becoming more equal.

Last edited:
Lads after watching the full game again I must say:
- I still think Mafi didn't deserve a card for incident
- Leinster showed simply why Sexton is now vital and well having watched him I think he is possibly the best 10 in world at executing the wrap around move which was the move testing our defense.
- I though both scrums were good and well Buckley will be a massive return for us but Du Preez is a big asset for us. (Again I surprised South Africa don't rate him)
- I didn't realize how good Leamy actually was but he and Quinny were excellent and well I know Sean O'Brien got Man of Match but I though there were others more deserving from both teams
- RoG did well and kicking was fine but our backline didn't do much and Warwick seemed bit confused at times.
- Leinster's 2nd row just isn't an asset without Cullen, I think he's missed big time there.
- And again after watching game I do question some touch judge decisions but won't go on about it because I've no sour grapes but must say I thought the ref did well and was fair and consistent.

Also my ears are still ringing from the PA system, that fellas voice on it was way to loud!!

15 Duffy
14 Carr
13 Bowe
12 P. Wallace
11. Fitz
10 Keatly
9 Murphy
8 Heaslip
7 ........
6 Ferris
5 Ryan
4 DOC
3 Hagan
2 Cronin
1 Healy

worrying times

How is Buckley left out ????
Sexton not at 10 ????
In a poor form Leinster side I thought Boss has done well in his games
And I know Quinny wont be selected for Ireland but I think if you were picking an Irish team ON FORM then Quinny or McLaughlin maybe would be in because Ferris doesn't have much form at the moment. Even Leamy deserves a shot.
Also I'd have Luke Fitz at 15 and Johne Murphy at 11 if picking on form although Kearney looked well last night.

I think the Irish team is a tough one to call at the moment really. Injury aside, the only sure fire starters for Ireland at the moment imo would be O'Connell Heaslip, Bowe and O'Driscoll... I fail to think of another position that's not up in the air. Should D'Arcy keep the 12 jersey? If not who would take it? Fitzgerald and Earls may be better players than D'Arcy but are they suited to inside centre? The 11 jersey I for the life of me couldn't possibly decide on. There are so many contenders.

I think I am once again going to call for Frank Murphy to be Irish scrumhalf, as he is once again the only Irish scrumhalf playing remotely well :)

Latest posts