• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Nobody beats Munster 5 times in a row", Leinster v Turnips, October 2

I think I am once again going to call for Frank Murphy to be Irish scrumhalf, as he is once again the only Irish scrumhalf playing remotely well :)

Reddan played pretty well on the weekend when he came on...

Connacht have started season well but they haven't exactly had the hardest schedule

*snip Irish team*
Now that team is probably exaggerated to prove a point, but it alos shows how fewo four top players have (i) Gametime (ii) Fitness or (iii) form.

worrying times

Only 2 Ulster players? No room for Trimble/Cave/Caldwell/Best/Court?

Anyway, I think it could be worse, most of the big players have come back just in time to get back up to speed with the HC. It could all look a bit more rosy after that.

Agree with most of that Feic, but is Bowe the best winger in the NH?

Yes he is.

tom court and trimble are all playing well at the moment trimbles running game is great at the moment only fit winger out of nappies in ulster
court had a great game against glasgow and has played well in his other games (its bryan young who makes are scrum ****)

Preach. Young's not that bad, just can't deal with cheats. And edited your description of Trimble's importance to Ulster right now (and he's in some fine form).

How is Buckley left out ????
Sexton not at 10 ????
In a poor form Leinster side I thought Boss has done well in his games
And I know Quinny wont be selected for Ireland but I think if you were picking an Irish team ON FORM then Quinny or McLaughlin maybe would be in because Ferris doesn't have much form at the moment. Even Leamy deserves a shot.
Also I'd have Luke Fitz at 15 and Johne Murphy at 11 if picking on form although Kearney looked well last night.

Ferris has plenty of form, just can't stay fit.

Agree that Buckley, Joanna Murphey deserves a shout - hasn't McLaughlin been even more broken than Ferris though?

Should D'Arcy keep the 12 jersey? If not who would take it? Fitzgerald and Earls may be better players than D'Arcy but are they suited to inside centre?

All of them should cede their claims to Paddy Wallace until his head explodes again.

I think I am once again going to call for Frank Murphy to be Irish scrumhalf, as he is once again the only Irish scrumhalf playing remotely well :)

This.

All international teams have problems going into these windows. At least you probably won't end up playing Mike Tindall.

All international teams have problems going into these windows. At least you probably won't end up playing Mike Tindall.
Didn't watch the Gloucester game, i take it?
Tindall's in his best form since 2003 atm,
But i get where your coming from, just replace "Tindall" with "Tim Payne" or "Steve Borthwick" (there's been that many interviews with MJ saying how dropping borthwick was so hard, its only a matter of time until he's recalled)

Mafi cited for 2 incidents. Nearly certain to miss 2 european games. Earls trained fully today and may feature in opening rounds.

Munstermuffin or any Munster fan for that matter; what's your take on the multitude of calls on MF.com for Tony McGahan to go? I'm interested in your take on it.

My take is that anybody calling for the head coach to quit is misguided. Munster lost by 4 points away to a team they rarely win against on the road. They did so without their star back (Keith Earls), Lions hooker (Jerry Flannery), starting tighthead (Tony Buckley) and captain and talisman (Paul O'Connell). McGahan is in the throes of a major rebuilding of the squad due to, to be blunt, lots of over the hill players nearing the end of their career yet he's still qualified for three major semi finals and won a trophy in the 4 tournaments he's participated in. He's also overseen the successful Munster A squad who lost the B&I Cup final last year.

People are right to question the appalling Laurie Fisher (surely Anthony Foley is a much better option) but the head coach is doing an excellent job in difficult circumstances. I'll put it this way- I would have had no problem if Leinster replaced Michael Cheika with the incumbent Munster coach at the end of last season.

Didn't watch the Gloucester game, i take it?
Tindall's in his best form since 2003 atm,
But i get where your coming from, just replace "Tindall" with "Tim Payne" or "Steve Borthwick" (there's been that many interviews with MJ saying how dropping borthwick was so hard, its only a matter of time until he's recalled)

I didn't, and Tindall's had some good games lately - but as you say, you know where I'm coming from and I wanted to pick one of the names that didn't make me feel utterly depressed!

Latest posts