• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ Commonwealth games squad

W

woosaah

Team: Tafai Ioasa (Hawke's Bay, captain), Doug Howlett (Auckland), Sosene Anesi (Waikato), Liam Messam (Waikato), Tamati Ellison (Wellington), Tanerau Latimer (Bay of Plenty), Josh Blackie (Otago), Nigel Hunt (Wellington), Cory Jane (Wellington), Alfred Pelenise (Canterbury), Lote Raikabula (Wellington)

Amasio Valence is injured which is a bit of a bugger he has played 50 IRB sevens tornaments.

Looks like a good team, the cheifs and the blues have both released two players which is more than they had to which is good to see.

should do alright i think

yep pretty good team lots of 7's experince there should go well I think. hopefully bring back the gold. bit of a bumer with amiso out but we should still be fine. lots of speed in the team now with the likes of dougie and anesi in the team.

Could've been alot stronger team, everybody else should be thankful that were showing mercy.

I thought it was the same rules as the World Cup was supposed to have, any player they wanted from each S12 team.

Rico Gear and Ma'a "Maybe he's born with it" Nonu would've probably guaranteed Gold, or atleast someone like Roy Kinikinilau.

it was like the world cup I think one from each side and in the blues and chiefs they got 2 for the games. blackie is a dam fine 7's player and so too is latimer. the like of dougie anesi and jane provide the pace

oooooo anesi...well i still think this isnt a strong team but thats just the general 7s game in nz..its not as strong as years before..we will see how they do

im picking fiji or england to be the outright winners...im supporting samoa and tonga tho

BUT...I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE OF THE SMALLER UNIONS LIKE KENYA WIN THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

that would be wicked and be the biggest boost for any third tier rugby country...

go commonwealth gamez!!!

I dunno Australia are looking really strong with Latham,Giteau, tuqiri etc
Gear was asked to play 7's but declined to focus on 15's which is pretty sad to Tietj.

This would be my team:
1.Liam Messam
2.Rodney So'oialo
3.Josh Blackie
4.Chris Masoe
5.Tafai Ioasa
6.Jerome Kaino
7.Orene Ai'i
8.Amasio
9.Rico Gear
10.Joe Rokocoko
11.Mils or Ma'a

Gold medal with eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 3 2006, 04:45 PM
Could've been alot stronger team, everybody else should be thankful that were showing mercy.

I thought it was the same rules as the World Cup was supposed to have, any player they wanted from each S12 team.

Rico Gear and Ma'a "Maybe he's born with it" Nonu would've probably guaranteed Gold, or atleast someone like Roy Kinikinilau.
But the players had to agree to play in the Games, and likes of Gear,Kinikinilau and Nonu wouldnt of agreed to it when they are in the starting XV's of their respesctive teams.

Latest posts