• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ospreys v Connacht

I turned this game on hoping to see some of the very exciting O's players show what they are capable of, a couple impressed including Spratt and Kristian Phillips, but our forwards were hopeless today. They struggled to provide any kind of platform and the backs constantly kicked the ball away when they got it!

Overall, was a sh*t game, and what's with Keatleys stupid place kicking routine? Is there any need for such rediculousness?

He does it because it (normally) works very well. He is a superb player, Incredibly educated boot and a good passer who has a break as well. How he is not considered better than Jonny Sexton is baffling. Taking him off for Dunne left me speechless, until I started roaring about Bradley being a fool.

Hilarious kicking routine. We were all singing Umpa Lumpa Doobaddy Doo in the stands :p

John Spratt and Kristian Phillips were awesome today, good to see Spratt back after injury!

Well Spratt wasn't really excellent. He did very well in the build-up and then finishing off his try, but he also missed a couple of tackles and left gaping holes in midfield, so he's got a long way to go yet.
Phillips played well.
Rhys Webb should be lobotomised.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hilarious kicking routine. We were all singing Umpa Lumpa Doobaddy Doo in the stands :p[/b]

Really? I didn't see Shane when I was watching on telly :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 22 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rhys Webb should be lobotomised.[/b]
We don't need another Mike Phillips, thanks...
[/b][/quote]
Being lobotomised isn't a good thing, Speedy! He is awful to the point of distraction and how he is ahead of Rhodri Wells in the pecking order is beyond me. I saw Rhodri in the stands today and had half a mind to go over to him to tell him how much better than that half-arsed pile of **** Webb he was, this is how INCENSED I am!!!! <_< :mellow:
And I really would wish you got over Mikey. He isn't going to return your call, mail or go out with you Speedy, so get over it and realise he is really quite a good player. ;) :p

MunsterMan: :D :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 22 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
Being lobotomised isn't a good thing, Speedy! He is awful to the point of distraction and how he is ahead of Rhodri Wells in the pecking order is beyond me. I saw Rhodri in the stands today and had half a mind to go over to him to tell him how much better than that half-arsed pile of **** Webb he was, this is how INCENSED I am!!!! <_< :mellow:
And I really would wish you got over Mikey. He isn't going to return your call, mail or go out with you Speedy, so get over it and realise he is really quite a good player. ;) :p

MunsterMan: :D :D
[/b][/quote]

I love how Gareth Williams (now at Harlequins) is far better than Webb and also Allinson of the Blues and he is still overlooked by Welsh regions even though they dont have any decent youthful scrum half!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 22 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
I SMELL A PARADOX.

On Allinson: I always thought he was a terrific player. Far better than Rees and definitely moreso than Spice. At least of what I've seen of him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 22 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 22 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]
I SMELL A PARADOX.

On Allinson: I always thought he was a terrific player. Far better than Rees and definitely moreso than Spice. At least of what I've seen of him.
[/b][/quote]

Hes deffo better than Spice and Rees but he's not much better!

hey don't be hijacking thread's and talking about you countries young players! The Irish on here have a trademark on that! :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 22 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeh, but he is quite young and he's been given few chances by Dai... <_<[/b]

Flanagan :lol:

oh_behave.gif

You've lost me. :mellow:
Actually, don't bother explaining. I'm not sure I want to know. :p

Dai Young dont give chances to the youngsters such as Dai Flanagan, Scott Andrews, Darren Allinson etc

Yeh I don't agree with it, but you're top seeds in the Heineken Cup knockout stages so it's hard to complain. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 22 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He does it because it (normally) works very well. He is a superb player, Incredibly educated boot and a good passer who has a break as well. How he is not considered better than Jonny Sexton is baffling. Taking him off for Dunne left me speechless, until I started roaring about Bradley being a fool.[/b]

I can understand little routines during place kicking. I thought Wilkinson's routine was silly (looking like he was taking a dump), but Keatley's takes the biscuit! That would seriously get on my nerves if I had to watch him wekk in week out, not taking anything away from the rest of his game, which looks excellent!

Latest posts