• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Podcast Thread

Real dictators - a roundup of various nutters from around the world.

For any fans of heavier music (and/or drums) The Downbeat is my favourite podcast atm,
It's the drummer from Stray From The Path, think he started it during lockdown when touring was all called off (he streams it as he's recording then releases a polished version on all regular platforms)
Has a lot of really good guests on

The rugby bit of the ***le needs to be removed from the UK version… I hate the attitude of them that anyone who wants to talk about rugby is a "nause"

Good point about living with the consequences of Brexit but sailing off in a direction without talking about it.

Most taxes are based on transactions (except Council and business tax) which is a problem if any future government (Tories won't) want to shift the tax burden onto wealth.

I spend a lot of time on the road or out running, and rather than listening to music I find it more distracting to listen to a good podcast.

Rather than posting in other threads, I thought it may be good to have one for podcast recommendations.

I'm currently listening to "A short history of" by Noiser, who also do the very good "Real Dictators"

Others I enjoy are:
The Blindboy Podcast
Evil Has a Name - that's on audible though, along with other true crime podcasts by Paul Holes.
Battlefield - which started as a history of The Falkland war and has moved to covering the situation in Ukraine as well as talking about WW2
Off Menu - if I like who they're interviewing.

The Al Murray D-day series is great as is the sort history of the French revolution
I used to listen to it but haven't for a while… More because I get distracted by another podcast.

I really liked his reading of "The Cauldron"

I shall get back into it

Off menu live ones have been good but I think they ran out of good guests a while a go.

Bonk bros for cycling.

Elis and John.

Cinephobe for movies.

Some podcasts
Been on a psychology binge a bit
Hidden Brain
I have been listening to various relationship and attachment theory stuff, honestly been really interesting espcially piecing together how and where I have developed certain personality traits. Def also helped me communicate more clearly in my own relationships.
Swindled - talking about various white collar scams etc. Dry humour and really abstract stories
Our Fake History - Amazing history podcast, talks about bad-faith history and myths and history within the myths

already listening to hidden brain based off the rec.

Most recent episode really resonates with me. I remember reading a book about baseball psychology in which it says effort is like a balance board, you just have to find out where you naturally are so that you get to the middle.

Joe Rogan (I just avoid his right wing echo chamber guests)
Triforce Podcast
Supermegacast
The Steve Austin Show
Fighter and the Kid/Big Brown Breakdown
The church of what's happening now

Similarly I've got a few history ones I'm subscribed to but rarely dip into
Jeeze, I have not listened to any of these (other than the Supermegacast) in a looooong time

Listen to The Downbeat a decent amount - podcast by the drummer from Stray From The Path, gets a lot of people from the scene on and is generally very interesting if you're into that kind of music, best music podcast I've listened to
I also dip into the New Heights podcast occasionally, but usually that's just if I see a funny clip on Tiktok and go and check out the whole episode. Not listened to one since the NFL season ended, more interested in hearing the pro athlete side of the podcast than them interviewing Lil Dicky or whatever

So the third installment of 13 Minutes to The Moon is called 16 Sunsets and is a crowdfunding project - Although it looks like it's already reached it's goal and it's closed... I would've happily paid for no ads.