• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pool 4 (Castres, Leinster, Montpellier, Northampton)

Liking what i see from Leinster. The accuracy of their play and their pedigree in this competition make them an obvious threat. I'd fancy them against anyone at home. The draw ensures third seeds don't get a home semi final though so we'll need Clermont to not claim 10 points or Saracens to lose.

Great to see a raft of younger lads driving the standard up. Conan has to keep Heaslip or VDF on the bench next week such is his form.

It was a totally dominant display by Leinster. You would have fancied Leinster to get a bonus point win given how they started the game even without the Frans Steyn red card.

I loved the ruthlessness they played with. For the second week in a row having already secured a bonus point, they kept their foot on their opponents throat and didn't let up. Even at the end with a scrum in their own 22, they attacked. Bodes well for the future because it's a very young Leinster team. Jack Conan, Luke McGrath, Cian Healy off the bench and the starting wingers were the pick of the players.

There's now real competition for places in most areas of the team. Even stalwarts like Sean O'Brien ans Jamie Heaslip can't let up because guys like Jack Conan and Dan Leavy are breathing down their necks. Ross Byrne is putting it up to Joey Carbery. Rory O'Loughlin and Adam Byrne are making a case for keeping their places above Dave Kearney and Fergus McFadden when they return from injury. Noel Reid has upped his game in the centre. Rob Kearney has a fight on his hands to get back into the team. It's great to see.

Just on people saying Conan has to keep VDF or Heaslip out. It Sean O'Brien who's not lifting trees. It's him whonshould be kept out and made earn the shirt back. Great scenario to be in regardless

Entertaining game this one, Castres come back into it strongly last 25 mins or so

By my calculations a win of any sort next week will do for Leinster now. Obviously a BP win puts us top but a win puts us on 25 points. Sarries and Munster can reach that total but Leinsters points difference would ensure top two seeding.

By my calculations a win of any sort next week will do for Leinster now. Obviously a BP win puts us top but a win puts us on 25 points. Sarries and Munster can reach that total but Leinsters points difference would ensure top two seeding.

Very good weekend for us, I think we'll get 4 tries next week and win. Could reward us with Toulon though... Hopefully Ulster.

16143435_10154728171190240_6552854408369056867_o.jpg

Interesting side, Strauss and Healy in is surprising. Nice to see the two young wingers hold their spots, SOB obviously still hurt. The outrage if/when Kearney starts against Scotland will be hilarious!

Form rewarded. The 2 wingers kept which is great.
Sean O'Brien is in bad territory lads. He hasn't the body to cope with all games and it simple that he may have to give up a bit on Ireland.
Big test for Molony. A cold Friday in Castres.
Alpha I think even you'd agree it'd be wrong if he started vs Scotland. I'm more interested in seeing if 1 of wingers can oust Trimble possibly given his age

Ehhh... I'd pick RO'L - Zebo - Trimble but that's not necessarily stronger than Zebo - Kearney - Trimble. Its not as if he's been playing badly either, when fit he's been playing well. Trimble will start 5 games if fit, the 6n is there to win and Trimble is a great fit for Schmidt's side.

Ehhh... I'd pick RO'L - Zebo - Trimble but that's not necessarily stronger than Zebo - Kearney - Trimble. Its not as if he's been playing badly either, when fit he's been playing well. Trimble will start 5 games if fit, the 6n is there to win and Trimble is a great fit for Schmidt's side.

No but on form first line is more correct. Sweetnam will be a Schmidt favourite too as his aerial game on restarts etc plays perfectly in Schmidt ball.
On Kearney he's not off form but there's better options. Trimble will be phased out this next 12 months as can't see him in Japan.

Good team.

I'm in a minority of Leinster fans i know but i'm not bowled over by Tracey at all. He has good hands in open play and his darts are solid but to my eye Scannell would make two of him in terms of impact around the pitch. I'm hoping Strauss has a good day. Still think he can regain the form of old.

For Ireland, i'd have Zebo and the two young Leinster lads (maybe Sweetnam if he was fit) but there's zero chance Schmidt will throw two uncapped players on the wings. Wouldn't wish and injury on anyone but maybe Trimble, Kearney and Earls getting a mild dose of the flu on the 3rd of February wouldn't be a bad thing!

Corny that is a great answer. I'd agree on Scannell.
On wings I'd agree but Sweetnam won't make 6 Nations.

On route to Castres, Connacht tickets booked for Sunday, way too little money in my pocket, a great weekend awaits!

Gonna be cold in Castres this evening! -5C and windy. Hip flask refilled?
Have a good w/e!

- - - Updated - - -

duplication.

Used to the cold after the last few days in Toulouse, I'll be well wrapped up! Thank you and best of luck on Sunday!

Yes. -8C yesterday morning at home (40k south of Toulouse).
Bonus point win for Toulouse Sunday!!

This is one of the worst Saints teams I have seen!

We are bloody brainless with no direction.

Last edited:

Latest posts