• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 24

Can't believe it's the end of the season already,

Also a little surprised these games are going ahead and didn't get bumped to Sunday, what with the coronation and Exeter (and Newcastle?) forcing games to be postponed after the Queen died

Bath Rugby has today confirmed the club will be revealing new designs to the public for the redevelopment of the club's current stadium at The Rec.

The stadium plans will go on show at the club's final home game v Saracens on 6 May 14:00-16:00, as well as on Wednesday 10 May at Widcombe Social Club from 11:00-19:00 and will also be available here from 6 May.

Revealed on the 6th shot down by nimbys on the 7th?
They've already lost their legal challenges, so now it's on to the planning stage; on which there's already been plenty of discussion between planners and designers.

So (unless money runs out) something's going to happen, it's now "just" a matter of what, and when.

Gloucester has been struggling for awhile, but I'm hoping for an upset at Bristol.

pOuo9Whl-QLq166Gp.png

Sale Sharks Starting XV:
15. Joe Carpenter, 14. Tom Roebuck, 13. Robert du Preez, 12. Manu Tuilagi, 11. Arron Reed, 10. George Ford, 9. Raffi Quirke; 1. Bevan Rodd, 2. Ewan Ashman, 3. Coenie Oosthuizen, 4. Jean-Luc du Preez, 5. Jonny Hill, 6. Sam Dugdale, 7. Ben Curry, 8. Jono Ross (C).

Replacements:
16. Ethan Caine, 17. Simon McIntyre, 18. James Harper, 19. Josh Beaumont, 20. Daniel du Preez, 21. Tom Ellis, 22. Will Cliff, 23. Sam James

Not as rotated as I expected, tbh - I would've definitely rested one (maybe even both) of the starting locks, and started Harper
Not keen on the 6:2 bench. I'm guessing they're not 100% on how DDP's body will hold up - I'd have had Byron on the bench for sentimental reasons

Edit: Just seen that this is Ford's home debut. Mad

Last edited:
Only player in in the 23 who is leaving is Kirsten due Grey injury and Jenkins ban.

Exeter Chiefs team news
15 Josh Hodge
14 Immanuel Feyi-Waboso
13 Henry Slade (capt)
12 Ollie Devoto
11 Tom Wyatt
10 Harvey Skinner
9 Stu Townsend
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Jack Innard
3 Josh Iosefa-Scott
4 Jannes Kirsten
5 Jack Dunne
6 Jacques Vermeulen
7 Christ Tshiunza
8 Greg Fisilau

16 Iestyn Harris
17 Billy Keast
18 Marcus Street
19 Mike Williams
20 Aidon Davis
21 Tom Cairns
22 Tom Hendrickson
23 Dan John

I'm pretty firmly on the Arundell hype train but he does have so far to go in terms of general fullback play.

Edit: also wtf is up with the Irish pitch? Try line practically invisible in places.

Defence is very much optional at the Rec today.
Which seems fair TBH

I guess these Sarries are playing for some highlights moments, whilst for Bath, anything short of a win with 4 tried is useless, better to get back down the other end of the pitch again. Can look at the points difference once that's in the bag.

2 tries a piece in 16 minutes.

Entertaining enough first half at Sale, heavens opened just before half time so imagine the second half is gonna be scrappy as hell

Manu zero luck at all - hand got trodden on in a ruck so had to go off for stitches as it tore his palm open, 15mins and still not reappeared so imagine it's awkward as hell to put back together/that's his afternoon done

I'm pretty firmly on the Arundell hype train but he does have so far to go in terms of general fullback play.

Edit: also wtf is up with the Irish pitch? Try line practically invisible in places.
Im not watching as i dont have PRTV, hows the game going? LIRISH 112 vs 32 Chiefs tackles is crazy.

I'm only seeing the bath game via the clips on BT in the background, but looks like Obano is smashing it
Gotta be in the rwc squad, maybe even starting (never gonna happen cause he didn't play under Borthwick at Tigers)

Latest posts