• Leicester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northampton

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hahaha that's ridicolous!

Come on!

You're a professionist: if I punched my colleague on workplace, I would expect a letter of firing from my company in a couple of days!
At the second time, I would brought into a court and be judged for assault!

What the hell is this???
Isn't Premiership rugby a professional job??

They take more money, they work less, so the law can't be the same used for common "workers"?

RFU hand out worthless punishment to potential England player SHOCKER! he citing process is a complete joke.

Out of interest, if I'd gone over and lumped one of the provocative morons on the Crumbly who kept pushing the Saints fans, would I have only got a six week (1 match) ban?

Humour me: What did he do to deserve what would be considered assault in the real world?

Will do ...
Yeah the tackle was off the ball because the ball was knocked down just before it reached Ashton and yes it was a penalty offense - the tackle was across the chest and anyone who says different is blind. That was an accident as 9 out of 10 early tackles are.
Regardless of that, Ashton overreacted when he ran up behind Manu who was on the ground and thrust his KNEE into the top of Manus back and shoved his head down at the same time - Dangerous!
In the real world if someone did that to me and when i stood up to see what hit me - he was standing over me in a threatening maner - i'd swing on him too.

You don't seem to realize that Ashton - Kneed/Shoved him and then stood over him - Manu stood up and turned around and Ashton was there - How was Manu to know Ashton wasn't continuing the attack, it happened so fast.
For all he knew the shove was just the beginning.

Ashton started this - even standing over Manu when he shoved him - in any case i woulda got up thinking **** its on he shover me im on the ground and hes standing there wanting to fight - Lets Go!
Also Manu only threw three punches and in between them Ashton threw out 2 weak jab/pushes ... but when Manu realized Ashton wasn't putting up much of a fight he stopped - he had loads of time to keep swinging on him.. but he threw one quick combo - left, left, right when he was being threatened then stopped.

I'll say it again - Ashton - shouldn't have started it if he didnt wanna go there.. i mean doing that and standing over Manu was a threat.
The thing is Ashton probably thought it would be handbags but got a fright when he realized Manu can actually throw a punch ...

Anyway thats just my opinion - and is actually the general consensus down here in NZ.

Last edited:
Darius.. You are a deluded.

Do you think it was correct for Manu tuilagi to be suspended or not?

Anyway thats just my opinion - and is actually the general consensus down here in NZ.
Well why did NZ start whining when Bakkies Head butted Jimmy Cowan? Its all in the spirit of the game ey? Jimmy Cowan started it when he shoved bakkies aggressively in the abdomen with his back during that tackle to the ground.

Im sure you saw it too.

Well why did NZ start whining when Bakkies Head butted Jimmy Cowan? Its all in the spirit of the game ey? Jimmy Cowan started it when he shoved bakkies aggressively in the abdomen with his back during that tackle to the ground.

Im sure you saw it too.

Because New Zealand is against violence towards women.

Im sure you saw it too.

Not sure if serious..

Im deadly serious.

Punches, headbutts etc should all should remain a integral part of rugby. Thats the general consensus amongst us kiwis.

So im deluded aye, straight up your an idiot comparing those two situations ....

I gave you a fairly comprehensive observation as to why i formed my opinion.
I have no biased either way... i just saw it how i saw it.

I agree punching has no place in rugby - but neither does kneeing someone in the back causing their head to whip back.
Being able to protect yourself is a your right as a human, if someone knees/shoves me in the back while im down and then stands over me they'll get the same treatment Ashton did.

If Manu got up and threw handbags no-one would say ****.

So Kovina you compare this:

Jimmy shoved Bakkies aggressively where?
Thats 120 odd kgs of Bakkies trying to break Jimmy Cowans neck for holding his jersey.
Just goes to show how good your eyes are aye.

To answer your original question i would have sent Manu off and binned Ashton for being the aggressor then given Manu 4 weeks and Ashton a telling off, but its all subjective because had Ashtons knee cause significant damage to Manu then we'd all be singing another tune or if Manu had of thrown handbags and barely connected we'd be singing yet another tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats 120 odd kgs of Bakkies trying to break Jimmy Cowans neck for holding his jersey.
Dude..Thanks for showing me that, so now we know Cowan was the instigator on 2 OCCASIONS!

First he tried to choke Bakkies by pulling on Bakkies jersey,(thats 1).... THEN when Bakkies was on top of Cowan on the ground, you can see that before the headbutt, cowan aggressively pushes against Bakkies abdomen with his backside (thats 2) which could rupture some internal organs.

Bakkies was defending himself.

Er I think you guys are looking a bit far into this really....

Kovana, this isn't planet rugby. Everyones pretty civil here, there isn't any reason to carry on with trolling and the like.

Kovana, this isn't planet rugby. Everyones pretty civil here, there isn't any reason to carry on with trolling and the like.

Sorry Ranger.. As you can see, my last few comments have been tongue in cheek and sarcastic in response to some of Darius posts.

Of Course Bakkies was not being attacked by Cowan apart from a petty shirt pull, and his attack on Cowan was sickening. There is no way you can defend it...

The same applies here with Tuilagi... He was not attacked apart from a petty shove, and his attack of Ashton was brutal.

Im still in disbelief how anyone can condone his actions.

Please dont say im trolling, you could say the exact same thing from Darius and his posts.

Anyways.. Its done.. Manu will do the time, so i hope he learns something. If he does, he will be a great asset to English rugby.

Woldog and Ranger, i hope you dont actually 'believe' im advocating violence in Rugby.. Im dead set against it.

We play rugby on the Paddock, not Boxing.

I don't see how anyyone could say ''He got what he deserved''. Firstly he was tackled completely off the ball, so he wasn't the aggressor and also he was just trying to play rugby, like he always does (althogh sometimes contraversially) and therefore does not deserve to almost be decapitated.

Like I said before, Ashton was tackled without the ball, tackled without the ball is rugby it happens. Manu made a tackle around the chest thats rugby, up to this point they're both playing rugby.

Then Ashton STARTS IT, Im talking about the non-rugby stuff. Ashton knees a man while hes on the ground, nothing further more than the truth. Ashton starts something NOT RUGBY. My undeniable proof is on the video down below provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh.. Faakakia ia sole. :lol:

Ua uma le case... hehe.

Koekiki kusa le case lea a manu ma Bakkies botha. :lol:

Eh.. Faakakia ia sole. :lol:

Ua uma le case... hehe.

Koekiki kusa le case lea a manu ma Bakkies botha. :lol:

Im just saying uce its a lie to say Manu started it. Manu was playing rugby intill...

I know ey... Vave oso le ika...

Anyways, despite this suspension, i really do see Manu getting selected for the England RWC squad.

He could easily slot into that backline.

Ben foden, Ashton, Cueto, Tindall, Manu *cough*

I know ey... Vave oso le ika...

Anyways, despite this suspension, i really do see Manu getting selected for the England RWC squad.

He could easily slot into that backline.

Ben foden, Ashton, Cueto, Tindall, Manu *cough*

I'd rather he play for us but if hes signed with the English then (we'll just have to smash him the way he smashed Ashton lol) yeah good on em. But nah they got a great backline with Manu there...Im sure he wont let the English down.

Latest posts