Premiership Semi: Leicester Tigers vs Northampton Saints

Who's going to Twickenham

• Leicester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northampton

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone loves a bit of push and shove, even the odd punch thrown but not when one player gets completely hammered into submission Ashton got beaten, Manu got a ban. Game over they can both get over it and have both learned a valuable lesson Ashton learned not to push and Manu learned not to turn rugby into a ***le fight.

I thought its already confirmed he is going for England now?

Hasnt he already played for the English Saxons or whatnot in the Churchill cup last year?

Sorry Ranger.. As you can see, my last few comments have been tongue in cheek and sarcastic in response to some of Darius posts.

Of Course Bakkies was not being attacked by Cowan apart from a petty shirt pull, and his attack on Cowan was sickening. There is no way you can defend it...

The same applies here with Tuilagi... He was not attacked apart from a petty shove, and his attack of Ashton was brutal.

Im still in disbelief how anyone can condone his actions.

Please dont say im trolling, you could say the exact same thing from Darius and his posts.

Anyways.. Its done.. Manu will do the time, so i hope he learns something. If he does, he will be a great asset to English rugby.

Why resort to trolling?
The same doesn't apply to Manu as it does to Bakkies as they are completely different situations.
Instead of trying to make your point by making ridiculous sarcastic and childish statements like the Bakkies crap you were on about, why not just accept someone has a opinion different from yours, accept it and move on.

How is it that you claim - "you could say the same thing about Darius and his posts"?
Where was i trolling and being a sarcastic arsehole?

guessing you wont answer that cause the fact is you been sprung.

Will do ...
Yeah the tackle was off the ball because the ball was knocked down just before it reached Ashton and yes it was a penalty offense - the tackle was across the chest and anyone who says different is blind. That was an accident as 9 out of 10 early tackles are.
Regardless of that, Ashton overreacted when he ran up behind Manu who was on the ground and thrust his KNEE into the top of Manus back and shoved his head down at the same time - Dangerous!

I stopped reading at this point because you clearly saw what you WANTED to see and are talking ********.

I stopped reading at this point because you clearly saw what you WANTED to see and are talking ********.

You shouldn't have stopped reading - i feel as strongly as anyone else but i at least read their opinions. Im not biased at all - i don't care who hit who or who plays for which club as i support neither.
I like Ashton i think hes good for the NH game and quality winger with a bit of personality and i don't know much about Manu other than his brothers are great players and hes an up and coming talent so im really not seeing how i WANT to see anything
How i saw it is the gods honest truth and i have discussed it with a few people down here and the consensus is that Ashton started it and deserved what he got. I've tried to be as diplomatic with my comments as possible but when you have people making silly trolling comments and then claiming that I was being that ridiculous and doing the same when i wasn't you can end up a little defensive.
The comment you are referring to is one i made in reply to Kovina who had gone out of his way to troll our discussion and this thread.

My point is simply that if someone does something dangerous to you - then you should have the option to protect yourself... i think Ashton went to far by Kneeing/Shoving Manu and then standing over him as if to threaten him .. and i think Manu reacted in kind.
I think he thought Ashton was gonna carry it on and he threw a left, left right combo and then he stopped as Ashton didnt try and fight back.
Thats all...

I dont think that opinion warrants the sarcastic trolling crap or to be told im seeing what i WANTED....

I've read that it wasn't reduced because Ashton pushed him, but because he showed remorse, apologised, it was his first offence and he's 'inexperienced' - all soft reasons for a reduction, but nearly every ban gets reduced for the same reasons, so it's par for the course
Suppose we'll see when the report is released (think it'll be on the RFU site later today)

Sorry Ranger.. As you can see, my last few comments have been tongue in cheek and sarcastic in response to some of Darius posts.

Of Course Bakkies was not being attacked by Cowan apart from a petty shirt pull, and his attack on Cowan was sickening. There is no way you can defend it...

The same applies here with Tuilagi... He was not attacked apart from a petty shove, and his attack of Ashton was brutal.

Im still in disbelief how anyone can condone his actions.

Please dont say im trolling, you could say the exact same thing from Darius and his posts.

Anyways.. Its done.. Manu will do the time, so i hope he learns something. If he does, he will be a great asset to English rugby.

Sorry bro, i had only read your posts at the bottom of the page and hadn't seen what was written before that. All good.

You shouldn't have stopped reading - i feel as strongly as anyone else but i at least read their opinions. Im not biased at all - i don't care who hit who or who plays for which club as i support neither.
I like Ashton i think hes good for the NH game and quality winger with a bit of personality and i don't know much about Manu other than his brothers are great players and hes an up and coming talent so im really not seeing how i WANT to see anything
How i saw it is the gods honest truth and i have discussed it with a few people down here and the consensus is that Ashton started it and deserved what he got. I've tried to be as diplomatic with my comments as possible but when you have people making silly trolling comments and then claiming that I was being that ridiculous and doing the same when i wasn't you can end up a little defensive.
The comment you are referring to is one i made in reply to Kovina who had gone out of his way to troll our discussion and this thread.

My point is simply that if someone does something dangerous to you - then you should have the option to protect yourself... i think Ashton went to far by Kneeing/Shoving Manu and then standing over him as if to threaten him .. and i think Manu reacted in kind.
I think he thought Ashton was gonna carry it on and he threw a left, left right combo and then he stopped as Ashton didnt try and fight back.
Thats all...

I dont think that opinion warrants the sarcastic trolling crap or to be told im seeing what i WANTED....

I agree with you Darius as I see it how you see it. Here on TRF you are free to express your honest opinions and those who oppose are free to become the devils advocate. You might not always get a civilised objection, you might get things totally off the subject aimed at you that are against your views and thats forum life I guess.

So far, you say that Ashton started it and got what comes with "that" territory once its underway and I agree 100%. Had Ashton never went over to Manu nothing would've happened and this is the point people are missing when they are talking about who started it. That point I just made (the point of origin) is what some quickly sweep under the rug and not even consider, driven and blinded from their want to hang the intial inferior (Manu) turned aggressor.

Manu got what he deserved but I dont think he really learned much, he already knew you cant throw punches in rugby. Hell all those punches we've seen thrown in professional rugby are by people that know very well that you cant punch on the field. The only thing I think he learnt is now he really cant punch anyone and that he can smash Chris Ashton into next week.

If anyone learnt anything it'll be Chris. Hes such a fantastic player but sometimes when someone gets really good at rugby they think they're automatically good at fighting as well thats intill somebody comes along and reminds them to keep it at rugby, unless of course you are Michael Bisping.

Last edited:

Stop accusing me of Trolling.

Just like you i also have expressed MY OPINION... That is, TUILAGIS ATTACK ON ASHTON WAS SICKENING. Mitigating factors or not... Tuilagi was in the Wrong. End of. If Ashton was in the wrong the Citing commission would have suspended him too. They didnt.

And i leave you with this, your own statement.

why not just accept someone has a opinion different from yours, accept it and move on.

I have already accepted your opinion. Now please let me be able to express my opinion as well.

Honestly who cares? this happened like a week ago now, it's not relevant anymore.

Stop accusing me of Trolling.

Just like you i also have expressed MY OPINION... That is, TUILAGIS ATTACK ON ASHTON WAS SICKENING. Mitigating factors or not... Tuilagi was in the Wrong. End of. If Ashton was in the wrong the Citing commission would have suspended him too. They didnt.

And i leave you with this, your own statement.

I have already accepted your opinion. Now please let me be able to express my opinion as well.

Ummm you were Trolling with the silly Bakkies and Jimmy Cowan thing that you carried on with until Ranger called you on it.
Then you say:
"Please dont say im trolling, you could say the exact same thing from Darius and his posts"
<-- I took offense to that because all i did was state my opinion as to what happened - nowhere did i start some sarcastic and ridiculous diatribe.

The thing is you didn't accept my opinion - you at first claimed i was deluded and then without provocation you started trolling with the Bakkie vs Jimmy Cowan scenario.

Then Sam Owen comments and he sees what happened with Ashton & Tuilagi exactly how i saw it and you don't do the same to him.
I thought that was strange and yes i understand what you were saying to him in Samoan,

I feel like i just tried to make a valid unbiased opinion based on the facts as i saw them and you went out of your way to firstly Troll me with the Bakkies crap and then claim i had done the same - which i hadn't..... you made that up.

Just like Ashton in my opinion you started this .. and like Manu i don't mind finishing it.

Latest posts