• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ps3 Fifa 08 TRF Tornament

I don't know how to do that on the ps3. What menus do you go through on the 360?

Off top of my head go to xbox live, custom unranked match, create session. When you've set it up you can send who you want to play a message, and they can accept the invite and be put into that game menu screen, to then pick sides etc.

I'll give it a try after Shortland Street. See if those boys are ready to kick my behind.

oh...I think I did create a room....but still i was not sure what to do next.

Well I have been trying to take AK47's advice and to not think arcade but to play this game slowly and carefully like it was real soccer.

With this I must say....I am getting some success with playability.

I played a VERY good player today on the net but this time I played a whole lot better and despite losing 3 nil I at least made a match of it by surprising him a few times.

So yeah...I am finally starting to enjoy this game...though I have to "unlearn" a lot from previous versions and approach this almost like a blank slate.

Gotta say sorry GG. I had a darned good look at my modem and router and they were all configured to my PS3's old ip address. So, a simple change around here and there and all of a sudden I have been having much better connections.

Fifa, being an EA product has fairly terriblle servers anyway though, so we still might have trouble for the first 3-4 connects, but nothing like last night!

i blame your connection craig, can take off all your port forwarding or anything?

GG we should meet up for a game sometime... whens good for you?

Your right Woosaah. After our attempts today, I must say that I am now looking for a good priced modem/router. The current one I have is a Belkin and it seems it is crap!

have you taken all your port forwarding and stuff out and tried that? i have no forwards or anything? i dont have any.

dunno if that would work but worth a try to reset everything.

Well I will text you whenever I am at home and in front of the TV.

Yeat again another defeat online by some random....gee happens to me all the time haha!

Ok....well it looks like i may be at dial up speed till the 4th of next month! so we will have to wait till then before i challenge anyone.....

though this game still seems to work ok against randoms on the net.....I am just assuming when we could not connect that it was the overcapping from my side.

brillient dont you just love that....

ill be on dial up speed soon at my rate i am going this month as well. though ill probably just end up buying another data block... i coulndt wait that long.

Honestly GG, it's my router and modem. I can't even connect to randoms now! I've really got to see to it pronto!

I believe you'll get Woosaah no trouble. He is having no troubles connecting to anyone. I'll get on the case with mine soon! I'm going to buy a special gaming router soon.

thats cause I AM LEGEND!!!! :)

i still think you should just open up all the ports and not both about forwarding specific ports to your ps3, i havnt bothered doing that at all, just cause i am lazy though.

Yep, I'm going to try that tonight when I put Kimberley down for the night. If I have to hear Dora The Explorer shout "We did it!" again, I'll go mad I tells ya!

Woosaah bro what plan are you on?, I've just got the hoary Telecom 49 dollar 6 gb, 240 odd down/128 up atm, I'm seriously looking at getting Telstraclears 20 gb 10mb down 2mb up plan for 70 bucks per month. I'll see what my current plan is like on a PS3 first then consider the change.

Woosaah bro what plan are you on?, I've just got the hoary Telecom 49 dollar 6 gb, 240 odd down/128 up atm, I'm seriously looking at getting Telstraclears 20 gb 10mb down 2mb up plan for 70 bucks per month. I'll see what my current plan is like on a PS3 first then consider the change. [/b]

$70???? Gee some people are rich lol! My limit would be 10GB for $59 with Telecom. $70 is turning into a fanatic lol!

I can afford an extra 5 dollars a week. Just want to know if Telecoms broadband is decent enough for online play or should I go for the extra speed of Telstraclear to be on the safe side?.

Well it still seems to play fine at my telecom capped slow down speed and it was very good at the top speed. However if Telstra is faster and money is not that big an issue then hell yeah go for it!

I didn't even realise that Telstra was faster!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmmmm this may be worth looking at....