• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

ps3 Fifa 08 TRF Tornament

dumb, went down to penalties,

6-7 to GG in penalties damnit GG dude

He had the better defense, i was really all over the place... like always. I had the better chances i thought, 2 or 3 open goals, but i still have trouble scoring against people.

as soon as i can... watch out!

Game two... i win!!! though he had sydney FC and i had some random Coca Cola Cup team (stil he was 1 1/2 stars i was 2) i win 2 - 0. Dont worry GG at least you scored a goal... OWN GOAL!!!! brillient...

Game Three.... i hardly get the ball again. I am the dutch and GG is the Germans, again i have free shots but i cant capitilize, i still have trouble getting the ball. 4-3 in penalties, its now 1230am and i should go to bed, i have work in the morning...

Thanks GG... Good Game :)

Man I really enjoyed the games bro...was great fun connecting with you again! You the man at the moment as you are up 2-1!

That penalty shootout was quite tense in the first game.......I decided to draw out the last shot at goal that I needed to win the match haha.....just to add to the tension lol!

Gee our shots when they are on the penalty spot leave a lot to be desired haha!

Haha...yes I did finally score a goal during the field of play even if it was in my own net....I think I was pushing too many buttons when I passed it back to my goalie and he did the "let the ball run" thing...which made it run through into my goal lol! you must have been cracking up!

What the hell! All I hear is how good SydneyFC are but when it comes to playing them on the game they suck! Gee I dunno!!!!

That last game was another tight nil all draw like the first...really amazing how a drawless game can actually be good. This time though you had the steely nerve to guess which way I was kicking...talk about paper scissors rock haha!

You had a whole lot more chances to put the ball into the net when you counter attack while my style is a possession game. I suspect we will both improve a lot with our styles. I really learnt quite a bit from the games and look forward to playing you again bro to put the ledger back in my favour ha!

Sydney FC are crap, but so are all the A-League teams.

I think if you have good teams the defense helps thats what makes it so close. where the other game where i won it was all down to the strikers or the guys up front (or in your case your defensive guy passing to the goal, and yes i was cracking up quite bad)

Yeah you made it easy for me to counter attack once i won the ball, i liked getting it up front as soon as i could, but i did take my time if i needed to, but your defense when i was doing that was too good.

The penatly shots are all a bit hit and miss, i would rather end the game after extra time with a draw.

GET OFF FIFA08
GET ON EURO2008
ITS BLOODY AWESOME
AND IT HAS TELE VISION - FOR GG :p

DEADSET - ITS THE GREATEST

Just a question guys, could my low end broadband connection speed be the problem? It's only one of those 256kb/s connections. It's going to be my mission to find money in our budget and sort all this out, as I'm feeling like I'm mucking my mates about every time I try to connect to you guys.

I'm glad you fellas connected no problems, that helps isolate the problem. My equipment or connection! It's quite gutting, but I should have it sorted in a week or so.

i think it should be alright as long as your not downloading at thesame time or doing any other internet based stuff.

we shall have a session to see if we can get it going soon :)

They may as well have called it Fifa 09 Prologue. Most of you guys are still yet to get to grips with 08 and with 09 not too far away it may pay for the PS3 crowd to just wait for that instead but it's up to you fellas in the end.

Ok well I may check this out this Euro 08 as I may not that thrilled with Fifa08.

This kind of reminds me of every year Fifa tries something different and then it becomes worse the the previous year but then the next year they come up with something two years in advance. So it is like one step back two step forwards scenario.

Anyway I am getting better at Fifa08 and learning the little quirks that come with each new version and what works and what doesn't.

I am learning how to hold onto the ball a little bit longer as possession is a big part of my game. I try to keep possession for as long as I can until my opponent just gets frustrated as well as amazed and starts to think "Gee will I ever get the ball".

I just have trouble when I get near the box...maybe I lack confidence trying to dodge everyone lol!

Anyway I am starting to enjoy this game and if Gun-Guys take on Euro08 is anything to go by then maybe I will just hire that out....online play? I suppose so...so is it out for PS3?

OMG
EURO 2008!
if u can mix PES6 with the current FIFA08
u have EURO 2008
trade in FIFA
I traded in FIFA + RV62 price matched JB, and got EURO 4 FREE
a great fillin for what we all know awaits - GTA

Yes online play
its FIFA09 prologue as RADMAN says
Or FIFA 2008.5
its just got that little extra something in gameplay we were asking for
and some pioneering game modes like captain ur country
i am taking the mighty magyars all the way!!!!!!

:bana: :bana: :bana: :D

get involved!!!!!!

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12676

i feel like deleting AK's posts, make a new topic dude,.

i am sooo trashed? anyone stil up?

ok AK47 I will trade in Fifa08 for Euro on Wednesday. I am not that thrilled with Fifa to be quite honest....I am just getting by with it.

Maybe I should hire out Euro first.....yes I will.

Yeah, hire it first to be sure, but I hear from dobrien7 that it's better than Fifa 08 too!

Fifa was really good until this new one came out.

Cosmetically yes, but as for game play need to give it more of a go, and the full version not just demo too.

Well i had my second ever online victory today haha! Which is also my second evver victory fullstop lol!...even if it was a penalty shootout.

My first victory was against woosaah lol! He let me win though......penalty shootout.

Ok so I may have a terrible record online...but I think that people actually enjoy playing against me because i give the appearance that I am really good...so when they beat me yet again the feel they have achieved something great....I have on average 60 percent possession when I play but i am unable to convert that into goals....nor does it seem i am capable of preventing goals lol!

I try and emulate how they play soccer on TV..with a little push forward here and there...consolidate...then repeat the same thing. I am really enjoying holding possession.....even against really good players.

I think that once i discover how to break the defence open when I get into the box and also learn how to defend...then i will be unstoppable lol!

....or not.....

yeah i dunno what happened with that first game, i hate penalty shoot outs :)

but two wins for me against you and one against craig is ok

This week I'll get me a new modem/router then I 'll take you both on and win!

right ok, then after you have done that shall we sort out this comp? or has GG gone over to Euro? i dont think i will go for it mainly cause once i get GTAIV ill probably hardly play anything else for a while :)

WIse move I think Woosaah, GTA4 will dominate concole time coming up, stick with what you've got (can be a nice break from GTA4 every now and then too). Also I could join in at Craigs for another player, possibly Andy Horton could join in too for numbers.

Latest posts