Pumas to base themselves at Old Trafford.

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by Prestwick, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/rugby/r...rd-1543947.html

The Professional Rugby Board of the Union Argentina de Rugby (or..er..PRBUAR? Does that rhyme with FUBAR?) and the RFU have agreed to use Manchester United's Old Trafford Stadium in the first game of this Summer's two match series between Argentina and England.

Argentina requested that the game be played in England in order to maximise profit for the struggling Union. The second game will be in Argentina.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I thought this was decided a good while back, is it only just being confirmed now?

Either way good chance for a money maker for the UAR.

4. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

The UAR made the request a good while back but the RFU have only just secured a ground.

A whole number of grounds were being considered such as Old Trafford, the City of Manchester Stadium, St James Park in Newcastle and Wembley Stadium itself.

5. Vambo

Vambo Guest

Won't most of Englands 'better' players be with the Lions?

6. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

...you don't follow "Union" much, do you?

Wales and Ireland have dominated Rugby both internationally and on a club level in the last two years and Ian McGeechan can only take something like 35 guys with him to South Africa. Do the math ;)

7. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Nope, England "better" players won't be considered because they can't get international callups ahead of the LBNW.

Anyway, the chant of "Argentina-Argentina-Argentina" at Old Trafford? It'll be like any other week...

8. Vambo

Vambo Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I was thinking of the midweek side not the test team ;)

9. alexrugby

alexrugby Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    I stand for England

Go England Go!!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!