• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick list of players in 08 that are totally messed up!

I pm'd you about the boot file rockstar :)

Anthonynail, thanks for putting in the time and effort to do that, I look forward to seeing the results. Here's hoping it doesn't get too frustrating for you :)

I pm'd you about the boot file rockstar :)

Anthonynail, thanks for putting in the time and effort to do that, I look forward to seeing the results. Here's hoping it doesn't get too frustrating for you :)
[/b]

K.Meeuws (or kees mears as it comes) looks frrrrrrrrrrrreaky with a generic head. I believe there's a head file for him somewhere.

oh and a player that wears green headgear - (try victor matfield)

and i found R.So'oialo head file with headgear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ozzy, Thanks for replying re: Boots!

Adrian Jacobs from Sharks wears a grey scrum cap, and needs one for Rugby 08.

Hi Ozzy, Thanks for replying re: Boots!

Adrian Jacobs from Sharks wears a grey scrum cap, and needs one for Rugby 08.
[/b]

Sorry Ozzy, Adrian Jacobs needs black headgear, not grey.

Other Shark changes:

W. Britz - Should have meduim long, black hair - like Keegan Daniel
J. Botes - Needs headgear, black around the sides and red on top (If thats possible to do in Rugby 08) other wise just red
R.Pienaar - Dark brown/black hair, shorter hair - like Bobby Skinstad
R Kankowski - dark brown almost black hair, curly - like J. Ackermans current hair style
J. Muller - needs headgear, black around the sides & blue on top. (Otherwise just blue)
A. van den Berg - headgear, black around the sides, white on top.
O. Ndungane - long black dreadlocks hairstyle
S. Sykes - needs black headgear
The Beast - (I mentioned he was missing from the Sharks) full name: Tendai Mtawarira & from Zimbabwe
F. Steyn - Long dark blonde hair - like Montgomery or Ackermans hairstyle
B.Barritt - short black hair, almost shaved
BJ Botha - Dark blonde hair not orange/brown hair, with current hair style
J. Ackerman - Blonde hair - short style like J.Muller's current hairstyle

Rock on Ozzy!

You're complaining about Kankowski's hair?? Look at his stats, this is one of few major screw ups mentioned here, it's getting a bit festidious to complain that McCaw no longer has a scrumcap or someones hair is slightly too light, nobody has an entire lifetme to devote to fixing all these I would imagine. You have to wonder why players like Leamy and Bortolami (well known players) are just given random features, that of Owen Finiegan's for some reason. Simply positions, speed, tackling as they are the main problems with players are the things that need adjusting primarily. Someone mentioned Monye, who on 05 was something like 88- about fair, he is gas, not included for 08 and now as slow as that fat little prop David Strettle, this seriously changes a player's ability, particularly a winger. Again, Horgan and Lamont are not the fastest around, but have incredibly slow ratings. Speed is the last thing that is effected by experience, or being too young.

@Rockstar, I have made the changes you suggested, but I didn't find all the different coloured scrumcaps.

@Casablance, yes stat suggestions are being taken into account where the cases are extreme e.g. Lachlan Turner etc. and all players are being put in their correct positions, but for a lot of people the game is much more enjoyable when the player's in a team they are a fan of at least look close to what they do in reality. It's quite offputting to see W.Murray running around as a white guy or vice versa.
If you have any suggestions on extreme stat discrepancies please post them here so I can look into it.

Basically I will be fielding these requests up until I release my big roster update for 08. As I have mentioned Paris and Italy clubs are pretty much all that's left and I have made some headway into them. Currently Toulouse is complete now and Paris is at 80%.

Maybe I'm confused (about this topic) but I think this could be useful:
A. Petratti is actually A. Petrilli and his skin is white.

Hi Eternal Idol, if you can be bothered reading my longwinded posts they should give you a clearer idea of what I'm after.
There are literally hundreds of players with the wrong names and some have duplicates as well.
Thanks for the info on Petrilli, but do you know what face ingame looks similar to his so I can replace his head with something appropriate as well. Info on french players is quite scarce, I have been doing my best with the clubs websites which are all in french, unfortunately many of our french members on TRForums don't speak much english either, so every bit helps.

Another progress report on the roster update, Biarritz has now been completed and is ready for action!! :)
Cheers,
Ozzy.

Hi Eternal Idol, if you can be bothered reading my longwinded posts they should give you a clearer idea of what I'm after.
There are literally hundreds of players with the wrong names and some have duplicates as well.
Thanks for the info on Petrilli, but do you know what face ingame looks similar to his so I can replace his head with something appropriate as well.[/b]

OK. Maybe you could use Manuel Contepomi (Felipe's twin brother), also Jose Nuñez Piossek is white too.

Whatever you need Ozzy, just PM me.. my roster file is done now. I will release the patch on thursday i hope, if not friday or saturday. If you like i can check your file once you are done?

Ok guys lets try not to get too sidetracked from the purpose of this thread. All suggestions are welcome no matter how significant or insignificant they may be, that is a matter of personal opinion.

@Fa'atau, thanks man that would be awesome to be honest, I'll send you that email now. Thanks man. :)

You should have named this thread, quick list of players in rugby 2008 who are accurate.. that'd take approximately 0.9 seconds to compile.

Don't know if Tani Fuga is in the game Ozzy, but he has been called up for Samoa after injury to Kerslake, while Anitele'a Tuilagi has hurt his wrist, and i know Levi is out too.. To'oala is replacing him. Not sure if Tuilagi has a replacement yet.

cleaned thread up a bit, guys please refrain from abuse of any kind, and keep it on topic. This thread is useful and it doesnt need stupid posts like the ones i removed.

Your doing a great job Ozzy :)

Oh I found one more (Hasan got injured :cryy: ) : M.Scarso is actually M. Scelzo :ph34r:

Add: and even more D. Gianantoro is actually D. Gianantonio (the commentary seems to use the right name) and I think G. Tiesi was Tiessi before I begun editing the roster file.

Yup Fuga's in the game - plays for Quins.

Another problem is Chev Walker (who should be playing for Bath) is actually black as opposed to white. Looks a little like Gregan (but taller) i suppose.

Dunno if u missed my post in amongst some arguing on the previous pages but G.Steenkamp has light brown skin, black hair and wears green or black head gear...(like W.Julies or A.Jacobs faces/skin colour)

oh and

J.Ackerman (sharks) has short, blonde/light brown hair, like...scot hamilton kinda

and L.Turner has short blonde hair
and P.Burger (Cheetahs) also has short blonde hair

sorry if I have repeated anything you have already changed or if its too late

good job so far!

Has Karl Pryce from GLoucester been mentioned? 6'5" and black, which EA take to mean 5'11" and white.

Latest posts