• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - France vs Ireland - 04/02/2012, 15:00

Do i get paid out on the old thread for predicting a draw.

Ireland really should have one. 10 minutes in their 22 with no score was poor. Great performance by the backrow Heaslip had a really up and down performance.

oh an kearney was amazing despite one silly kick that led to that try

I still don't understand how Ireland didn't get a yellow card.....:mellow:

Something really disappointing about that game. I can't believe Beauxis didn't make more from that space. ROG almost certainly would have, not that this means a great deal at all.

God France were poor. If England play the right game we might have a chance. France should bring back Bastareud to play with Fofana! Nah, to be fair Rougerie had a tough game but has been in generally good form. Just feel they need some more pace in midfield. Also, Picamoles is such a strong player I'm tempted to think France should drop Bonnaire to the bench, DUsatoir to 6, Harinoriquy to 7, Picamoles in at 8.

Edit: Just seen the replay of the second drop goal attempt and Parra's pass was really poor. Not awful but too loopy and slow.

ireland once again were their own worst enemy, too many penalties, but still happy with the result as france gave everything in the second half, rory best had an awful match in the lineout, keith earls did well,

Yeah in fairness Earls so far has proven me wrong his practice with Donncha Ryan is paying off but will reserve final judgement until after the England match.

I really hate Pearson he always tries to make it about himself always blowing the whistle. Every match don't worry I'm not blaming him about this result. However that touchjudge is blind ball never went to touch which wasted 6 minutes with the French having the ball.

Do i get paid out on the old thread for predicting a draw.

Ireland really should have one. 10 minutes in their 22 with no score was poor. Great performance by the backrow Heaslip had a really up and down performance.

Sigh, I weep for the future.

If you'd offered me a draw before the game I most likely would have taken it, but once again the performance leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. That was a poor French side. We should have won. We had both the territory and possession to do so, yet we didn't even score in the second half.

We created nothing out wide, I wouldn't have even known our centres were playing such was their anonymity. Murray is too slow for international rugby. The difference in terms of go forward ball when Reddan came on was staggering. D'arcy isn't good enough any more and Earls isn't a centre. Both didn't do anything noteworthy with the ball. Heaslip was poor, as were the second rows. The front row held up well in the scrum, but Best should be annoyed with his throwing performance and Healy should have walked in the first half.

A win today would have papered over another uninspired, unimpressive performance. defensively were were good, but we're absolutely useless with the ball. Changes must be made.

In summary, France and Ireland are both **** poor, Dave McPherson is an idiot and Rob Kearney is a god.

yeah Kearney and Bowe were great, especially Kearney obviously. And though your defense was absolutely stunning, really, amazing pressure you guys - on offense if you didn't have those 14 and 15...?

Yeah in fairness Earls so far has proven me wrong his practice with Donncha Ryan is paying off but will reserve final judgement until after the England match.

I really hate Pearson he always tries to make it about himself always blowing the whistle. Every match don't worry I'm not blaming him about this result. However that touchjudge is blind ball never went to touch which wasted 6 minutes with the French having the ball.

Kearney's foot was in touch before he jumped. So it was in touch.

Last edited:
yeah Kearney and Bowe were great, especially Kearney obviously. And though your defense was absolutely stunning, really, amazing pressure you guys - on offense if you didn't have those 14 and 15...?

What's the French reaction to this match out of interest? I thought that with the talent at their disposal, France really should have been able to take control of this game in the second half. It seemed like the midfield, Rougerie in particular, wasn't able to get the other backs involved. They also seemed to struggle to get over the gain line for long periods, which must be disappointing with the back row you guys have.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Memoz for Rougire.

Also I really want Buttin to be groomed into are new full back. Every time i watch him he impresses me such a jet.

Hate to say it but Vincent Clerc is nearing the end.

perfect result for Wales there.

I would have an Irish win would have suited Wales more. If France go and win in Cardiff they'll take the championship, whereas even had Ireland won I couldn't have seen us winning in London as well as Paris.

Ok. Draw. Disapointed and relieved at the same time.

Disapointed by this ugly first half from the french. The irish are not the scottish , support is crucial around rucks and open scrums against the irish, France has failed a big time on this matter in the first half (for me the support was the real problem of the frenchies thuis afternoon..and against the irish , you have to commit a lot more than France has done..tooo much turn over in the first half). Credit to the irish as well who have done an impressive start, playing smartly and being clinical. Disapointed to not be in competition for the grand slam anymore. Disapointed that the french are unable to adapt quickly to the irish game in the first half. Disapointed by Trinh-duc who has not been very smart in this first half. France missed patience at the end, they should have waited for an irish mistake instead of trying these awfull drop goals.

Relieved/happy that we came back in the game after being quite crushed in the first half. Happy to see that there is a new mentality in this french team that make them able to handle such a pressure and come back into the game from the start of the second half. Happy to not loose this one, I think we have been lucky with the try of Fofana a bit, the ball was messy.

The referee has been harsch on the Irish sometimes I feel personaly, even if they are still on the edge on rucks, slowing down a lot of balls not in a very regular way. One of the positive point from the French was the fact that they have behaved well on rucks to avoid silly penalties.

I guess the irish can be a bit gutted and the french relieved overall.

Ok. Draw. Disapointed and relieved at the same time.

Disapointed by this ugly first half from the french. The irish are not the scottish , support is crucial around rucks and open scrums against the irish, France has failed a big time on this matter in the first half (for me the support was the real problem of the frenchies thuis afternoon..and against the irish , you have to commit a lot more than France has done..tooo much turn over in the first half). Credit to the irish as well who have done an impressive start, playing smartly and being clinical. Disapointed to not be in competition for the grand slam anymore. Disapointed that the french are unable to adapt quickly to the irish game in the first half. Disapointed by Trinh-duc who has not been very smart in this first half. France missed patience at the end, they should have waited for an irish mistake instead of trying these awfull drop goals.

Relieved/happy that we came back in the game after being quite crushed in the first half. Happy to see that there is a new mentality in this french team that make them able to handle such a pressure and come back into the game from the start of the second half. Happy to not loose this one, I think we have been lucky with the try of Fofana a bit, the ball was messy.

The referee has been harsch on the Irish sometimes I feel personaly, even if they are still on the edge on rucks, slowing down a lot of balls not in a very regular way. One of the positive point from the French was the fact that they have behaved well on rucks to avoid silly penalties.

I guess the irish can be a bit gutted and the french relieved overall.

France's discipline was excellent, only conceding 3 penalties in the whole game. I couldn't believe that we didn't score in the second half with the amount of ball we had, so the French defence deserves a lot of credit for that.

I would have an Irish win would have suited Wales more. If France go and win in Cardiff they'll take the championship, whereas even had Ireland won I couldn't have seen us winning in London as well as Paris.

Well Wales won in London and Dublin so it's easily possible that you could have.

Means Ireland are out of the equation for the win now so we don't have to worry about you.

Latest posts