• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Ireland vs Scotland - 10/03/2012, 17:00

TRF... exactly. Scots oil revenue going into Scots coffers is exactly why the Westminster Unionist machine is pooping it's pants and spouting all the scaremonger twaddle.

Love Ferris, absolute beast.

O'Mahony had a reasonable enough game...so happy enough with that. D'Arcy should be dropped. His inabilty to hold onto the ball has cost us more than once and will cost us again against teams better than today's Scottish team.

Bit harsh criticising what was a good performance by Earls today based on the one 'dive' (bearing in mind I couldn't see if his heel did get clipped by evans' (accidently) but if Munstermuffin says so then I don't doubt him).

Reddan was good for the most part but could have done without the series of rubbish box-kicks in the first half. Oh...O'Callaghan was absolutely cack today. Needs to be dropped for anyone at this stage. Ferg Mac deserves a go at inside centre too.

TRF... exactly. Scots oil revenue going into Scots coffers is exactly why the Westminster Unionist machine is pooping it's pants and spouting all the scaremonger twaddle.

Pooping his pants is Salmond being told if you leave your taking some of the national debt with you
wink.gif
plus the fact most Scots in Scotland at the moment want to stay in the Union but that's a different debate and way off topic so I'll leave it be.

Only time will tell what most Scots want... but one thing is for sure war mongering Westminster will most certainly be poked without the Scots resources to currently dip into.

Anyway back on topic Ireland certainly put proof to the idea that Scotland really are not making that much headway under Andy Robinson. Wayne Smith the former AB and current Cheifs attack coach has came out and said that the English job is not for him, but he would be keen to return to International Coaching again sometime. The challenge of bring Scotland up to standard could be the job (challenge) he is looking for.

All the best to Ireland for they're trip to London next weekend... lets hope they emulate what they did today.

Last edited:
Ah there it is, I take back what I said about Earls playing well. The massive prat.

Nuff respect! If the highlights tell a different story then I'll hold my hands up, but from where I was in the stadium (behind that try-line) it looked soft and that Earls was 'looking for it'. The fewer aspects of football in rugby, the better. Let the ref make the decision and less of the simulation please.

Having said that, we were well beaten today and defended poorly. Ireland looked like scoring every time they were up our end of the field, without doing all that much. Kicking high balls to Kearney as well is just idiocy. Strangely muted atmosphere in the stadium, though I'm putting that down to our lacklustre effort. Sexton kicked well too, fair play.

Nice try for big Richie though. Hopefully we can keep developing our youngsters, keep the faith and put all the pieces together to dispatch Italy with a bit of impunity.

More than likely we'll suffer an ignominous defeat, but that's par for the course these days. Feel sorry for Robbo. He's not responsible for the poor decision-making and execution of basic professional skills.

As I said to my mate in the first half- not the first time we've been 6-0 up and been beaten soundly.

Earls yet again silenced his critics, O'Mahony played well, Ryan was immense and D'Arcy should get dropped for McFadden. Also without a doubt Murray will be back at scrum half when he's fit Reddan is average.

To be fair Reddan played his part and did well. Awful box kicks but he was fine other than that

Nuff respect! If the highlights tell a different story then I'll hold my hands up, but from where I was in the stadium (behind that try-line) it looked soft and that Earls was 'looking for it'. The fewer aspects of football in rugby, the better. Let the ref make the decision and less of the simulation please.

I've seen it again now, and it's hard to see any feet hitting eachother with the camera angle and the quality generally.

On second viewing though it does look like he went down easier than he could have, that said given the yank in the arm he and was interfered with (in an obvious way) and it was the right outcome. As for rolling around on the floor after...never happened, he was down and then back up in the one movement. And he was pulling away in that footrace...

earks yank.png

No point in obsessing with it anyway. All it amounted to was a couple of extra points on the board. Had no really effect on the outcome of the match.

The only reason it annoys me is because it's detracting from what was a very good performance by Earls at centre today.

O'Mahony was class yesterday, I want to see him 7 with SO'B 8 in the near future. Healy was also brilliant yesterday and would be my MOTM, not a criticism of Ryan, he was just lucky that Donal Lenihan was picking it. :p I also thought Reddan did well, a few poor box-kicks but he gave very quick ball and showed he had to be watched around the fringes, the game slowed down dramatically when TO'L came on. Earls was very good once again and Ireland are in for a few good years with him Cave and O'Malley battling it out for the 13 shirt.

Monkey agreed having watched it numerous times as I said there was contact with Earls arm. Earls heels did collide from him trying to reset his balance and for people saying Earls rolling around watch the replays as he was straight back on his feet and I think criticism is simply just looking for reason to put down a player which is a pity.

Cmac while I agree Healy was immense I do think Ryan was better although my MOTM would've been Ferris but well I think it simply put Ferris has such a high standard and well when you get that typical display of class it's easily overlooked at times because you expect it from him.

Monkey agreed having watched it numerous times as I said there was contact with Earls arm. Earls heels did collide from him trying to reset his balance and for people saying Earls rolling around watch the replays as he was straight back on his feet and I think criticism is simply just looking for reason to put down a player which is a pity.

Cmac while I agree Healy was immense I do think Ryan was better although my MOTM would've been Ferris but well I think it simply put Ferris has such a high standard and well when you get that typical display of class it's easily overlooked at times because you expect it from him.

I agree, Ferris showed he's not just a big ball carrier and in fact his best aspect so far this tournament has been his defence. Yesterday his tackling was absolutely superb, hitting men backwards, leading charges and holding players up.

Ferris' workrate was immense yesterday (then again, that's nothing new!)
Healy had a good game, but did get isolated and turned over/gave away penalties a few times, though that was more a combination of Rennie/Denton being great and him having a lack of support.

I have to say I was really happy with the set piece yesterday. Obviously Scotland don't have the strongest scrum but it still worked even better than I expected. While I thought we'd do shite at the lineout especially after the first one but we ended up doing really well against a very good and much taller lineout. Our maul was superb as well.

Yeah our lineout was very good considering the situation and it appeared that Ryan was leading it and certainly the main weapon in it, especially in defence. That is both testament to him and another disappointing part of O'Callaghan's game, who in reality should have been leading it since he is the more experienced, is rated higher (somehow) and without O'Connell should have taken a greater role upon himself. Hopefully Ryan can continue the good form and now there surely is no way DOC can be ahead of him once POC comes back. A Ryan/POC second row combination will just add so much more to our pack.

To be fair Reddan played his part and did well. Awful box kicks but he was fine other than that

Aye, Reddan will give you much quicker ball, but you shouldn't tell him to kick. It's not part of his game. I'd persist with him if I were DK, the quick ball makes us look like a far more dangerous team.

Lads...O'Mahony was good..but he is still not better than SoB at 7 yet...regardless of where SOB plays his beast rugby

I thought POM was far more effective, as a 7, than SOB is/was.
SOB is probably a better play on the whole, mind. Would put him on the bench as he could come on for anyone in the back row.

I thought POM was far more effective, as a 7, than SOB is/was.
SOB is probably a better play on the whole, mind. Would put him on the bench as he could come on for anyone in the back row.

You're in trouble with some Leinsterians now...

3fd8a_6401703g69.gif

Personally I don't think it makes a difference if we start O'Brien or POM, or even both and drop Heaslip. Basically the same dynamic. A good dropping might wake Heaslip up though.

Would be good to see O'Brien back at 8 (or 6) where he can concentrate on what he does best (flattening people).

Latest posts