• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Info

Also trev, how editable will the PC version be? I'll be getting it on the basis that I'll be able to photoshop all the SH jersey's to make them accurate, aswell as feild markings etc. So how will that be for PC users?

what will the lineouts be like?

can you set up mauls from them? or will it be a pass to the scrum half?

just a few questions:-

-wats the lineout system like?
-kicking system?
-any new tackle animations?
-sidesteps?do they work?
-chip 'n' chase? do they work?
-rucking system? old or new?
-scoring animations?
-high tackles?
-crowd emotions?
-jumping?
-set plays?
-do we have to change all the names of players again?

I note the comment: "people say gameplay is all that matters, but that's not true really"....

I mean...What!?

Mate - What does that mean..really? Gameplay IS most important and it IS more important than graphics....so what exactly was the logic by which you denied the basic human ability of letting your feet leave the ground (which happens endlessly and is required endlessly in rugby) so as to make sure it didn't compromise the overall graphics standards by which you keep the 5 year olds happy? serous question becos I can't work it out. There was jumping in rugby 2005 (and it is fine), there is jumping in NRL, there is jumping in the 1992 (13 years old) Amiga game ET's Rugby League. There is jumping becos otherwise what happens with:

- kickoff contention
- bomb winning/contesting
- chip kick regathering on the tryline

just to name a few....

are these common aspects of rugby simply removed altogether?

Did you make all the names close for easy change for the SH teams? WHAT are the sh comps (I see this is oft asked ne'er answered)? and have you or have you not kept the unkeepable speed circl bar which somehow thinks that a fit athlete in his 20s or even a teenager, who has trained to be an elite professional, can only run 30 metres before running out of puff? These guys could play for two hours if they wanted to....If that is retained so is my cash....as the fans have not being listened to....

I am sorry that some of the more sycophantic members will find this offensive as the deal has and in some ways IS sweetened by the name inclusion thingee of TRF members.....Still - like an election bribe - I only care about gameplay first and foremost. THAT IS IT.

Strangely this does not fall in line with the logic that underpinned the decision to remove jumping. I mean, if they just stood there the graphics would be amazingly detailed and spectacular.....surely running and passing are, like, expendable too? Who needs stuff that gets done often in a game.

No jumping.....

good call....

<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Sep 25 2005, 05:42 PM
Gameplay IS most important and it IS more important than graphics....so what exactly was the logic by which you denied the basic human ability of letting your feet leave the ground (which happens endlessly and is required endlessly in rugby) so as to make sure it didn't compromise the overall graphics standards by which you keep the 5 year olds happy?
because kids are little shits and like graphics, and claim that the matrix trillogy are the best movies ever, and say starwars episodes 1,2,3 are tones better than 4,5,6 because of the new lightsabres and special effects.

and then these are the people who actually buy games. i dont blame swordfish, or any other producers, because if you dont make a profit, whats the point. its just a pitty the world is full of crybaby, neo-wannabie wankers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
but rugby 2005 kick ass!? oh that's right....do you mean the unedited version (more or less out of the box)?

Ahhhhhh ***o...

the one and only[/b]

yeah, my pc is similar to rugby 2005 - crap. ive got it on ps2. although its the best rugby game out (currently aye trev) its still crap. 2005 will be owned by rc2006. i am yet to comment on rugby 2006...

and yes, ***o has returned. although its not the up close and ginga ***o - its the "so firery hes cool ***o."

** Deleted **

SH teams - I cannot answer this as I do not know. I will ask Ian to post tomorrow.

Sambad ... we have you as a sub in the England team ...
<
... just kidding. We cannt post screens of people in the game - it would take way too long. Sorry.

We cannot post gameplay footage or screenshots, that's not possible. All assets have to be released via Hip. If we know stuff is coming out, we'll try and let you know. A lot of stuff will get released in French (Hip are a French publisher).

Will get Ian to post the PC specs. The PC version looks really nice, am very pleased with that.

The line-outs are similar to WCR. You can either pass back to the scrum half or take the catch and set up a maul.

The goal-kicking system is all new. It's much more difficult and actually takes some skill this time.
<

Tackle animations - there are 100's of new animations in the game. We had to replace lots to make them more realistic. The tackles are great, hopefully some footage should get released and then you can see.

Rucking system is similar to WCR but with some polish. The balance wasn't great in WCR, which made it tough and frustrating to play against the best teams. We have changed that.

No high tackles.

New scoring anims - including some show-boating - which I hate!
<

Changing the names - you will for SH teams - we could not get the licenses.

** Deleted **

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 26 2005, 03:53 AM
I suggest that if jumping is a must-have feature for your rugby games then there is an easy solution - just do not buy ours! I'm not getting into a debate over this - you have obviously posted just to be contrary.

:rolls-eyes:

The line-outs are similar to WCR. You can either pass back to the scrum half or take the catch and set up a maul.

The goal-kicking system is all new. It's much more difficult and actually takes some skill this time.
<

Tackle animations - there are 100's of new animations in the game. We had to replace lots to make them more realistic. The tackles are great, hopefully some footage should get released and then you can see.

Rucking system is similar to WCR but with some polish. The balance wasn't great in WCR, which made it tough and frustrating to play against the best teams. We have changed that.

No high tackles.

The rest of the thread seems to have deteriorated into some discussion over Star Wars films! If it's any consolation, I think Empire was the best film too - although if you think Jedi was better than Attack of the Clones, you're on drugs!!!
Glad to hear about the rucking etc, but just in regard to the PC version; how accessable will it be from an editing perspective? Will it be like an EA game and require intimate knowledge of hacking to change the smallest things, or will it be like NRL1, where most things were easily modable?

P.S ROTS is second to ESB only because of the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" scene at the end, and the use of ridiculous terminology like "younglings".

question time...

1.you have alot of game modes this time as i was reading before,there seems to be more a more indepth season/franchise mode..could you confirm this? and if so a quick summary of how the season mode works?

2.gameplay gameplay gameplay!..im more interested in how it plays then anything else,so how is the fluidity of the game in comparison to wcr?..coz locks said it was the same but he added that extras had been added so how much of the wcr mechanics have you tweaked or changed?

3.THE PLAYERS!!!! AND DA TEAMS!!!!...do they have fair ratings?,i think rugby 2005 from ea sports got the international teams/international players stats right!..however in wcr minnow
teams were handicapped by having much slower players,or pitiful defences or useless scrums...etc
have you panned this out?...like will argentina have the life like scrums and usually dominate?..and will the pacific island teams have the faster backs?
and do the players have stats that are visible?can we adjust these stats?

4.quick line-outs?

5.on the xbox will it have the hd music capability?

I do have some questions and they are bit different as its something thats not in the game.

1. Was online play considered to be put in the game?

2. Will Online play be considered to be included in any future rugby game made by swordfish?

3. With nrl 2 releasing soon with online play does that put the pressure on developers like swordfish to include online play in future releases of rugb games?

thanks again trev $ & Ian for taking the time to answer questions and share info with us.

now after all of that I do actually have another question to ask Trev & Ian

Without a jump button does the gameplay suffer at alll. does it still feel like your playing rugby?

Now trev... in the previous game the unlicensed players looked somewhat like their real-life counterparts, is this so in this version? If not are their looks customisable?

been asked before, but no answer: 450? sounds like alot of teams.
and carrer. how does it work? team wise that is. is it going to be like ea's world league? or can you start off as a s12 team, and go into internationals aswell or what? its been slightly dusted on rc2006 backround thread, but this question still stands

It does seem a bit stupid they dont have jumping. the great thing about JLR was you could jump in the air to stop the ball going into touch and you could catch the ball and throw it before your feet hit the ground - a great feature.

oh well im sure the game will still be good by what locksley said although he has given praise to every game so far and to be honest they have all been rubbish - so maybe this will be the same - i hope not

by the way - r there quick lineouts in this game, another super feature in JLR (still the best game - and its 10 years old - crazy)

dunno if this will be answered or not..

the rucking animation was magnificant in WCR is it still the same? Or do we have more rucking animations or a whole new one?

P.S WCR for me had the best rucking system. EA rugby 2005 didnt even have a rucking system.

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Sep 24 2005, 09:19 AM
Jumping ... I'm afraid not. It's the one feature that we included in JLR and really wanted to get into WCR and then RC2006 that we have just not been able to get right. I know people say that gameplay is everything and the graphics do not count (which is how we got away with jumping in JLR 
<
  ) but that's just not true really. We could not get it to work well enough in the time, so we dropped it.
Why are people having a difficult time accepting this answer?

Their efforts in creating Jumping did not meet their standards.

In JLR, the graphics were enough that jumping was easy to get away with just like all the other animations. Plus, you could jump whenever (freedom to jump - which you can't do in Rugby 2005 where you can only jump in certain situations like up n' unders and kickoffs).

My thoughts are that in WCR and RC2006 - the graphics are much more detailed: the players are bigger, the camera is closer, etc, etc, etc, much moreso than Rugby 2005. Therefore you can't really get away with a stuttered/generic Jump animation as it'll look sloppy and (whether you like it or not) detract from the game.

To me, Trev is saying that they didn't want to settle for less and that they'll put it in when it meets their standards.

They tried.

Los, I think your tirade missed the point. Ask yourself this: Do you actually think they DIDN'T want Jumping in the game?
--------------------------

Trev & Ian - I know you're still unsure about the game being shipped to North America (I'm thinking it's highly unlikely at best) so, if anything, I'm wondering about the create a team -- is this like create a kit as well?

does seem a bit stupid though that in 2005 you cant get a player to jump - look at all the soccer games out there where they have players jumping for the ball - if they can do it how hard can it be for a rugby game. No rugby game so far has done it right apart from JLR - oh well

note: no company has ever been given enough money to make a decent rugby game. no company has ever been given enough money to even come close to a non-rugby game, ie fifa, madden

dont blame trev, ian, or muzz for not-so-good games. blame ea, and to a lesser extent swordfish (since there not as much as a jugganought) for not forking out enough money

Will developers listen to our opinions and put everything we want into the game?

Doubt it.

It's not the fact that the developers have a lack of ideas, even EA admitted to wanting offloads but not executing it. It's the lack of execution in putting all of our ideas into the game that is hurting the companys. And yes, they should put jumping into RC2006, but like i said, they can't execute it, so we won't see it. Tough cookies sonny-jim. If you don't like the fact that a company like Swordfish can't execute the gameplay they managed to do 10 years ago in Lomu, and they haven't got rid of the one-hit-wonder knock on tackle then don't buy the game, like how I won't be getting it...

Latest posts