• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC3 Editor

Gents, it has come to my attention that my copy function and player likeness function is actually a linking player functionality that I've created and not the actual storage of player's likeness.
Keep doing your great work with the teams I'm working on fixing this. Not sure if I have the correct spot for likeness, or there is some code in a player that makes him normal vs the norm.

I'll figure this out promise.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused for you guys. Was honestly a mistake on my behalf, Rudolph assisted with figuring this out, I wasn't able to test everything that well.

Gents, it has come to my attention that my copy function and player likeness function is actually a linking player functionality that I've created and not the actual storage of player's likeness.
Keep doing your great work with the teams I'm working on fixing this. Not sure if I have the correct spot for likeness, or there is some code in a player that makes him normal vs the norm.

I'll figure this out promise.

Apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused for you guys. Was honestly a mistake on my behalf, Rudolph assisted with figuring this out, I wasn't able to test everything that well.
Everyone,
Turns out that this is normal. As soon as you edit the likeness of a player in game it will become linked.
Therefore nothing wrong, you can continue.

Hi there, I am trying to figure out how to copy the hexes sent on the Coloss forum into the editor, but it doesnt seem to work. If someone could give me a play by play on how to do this it would he heavily appreciated (including the head and face files). I understand it to some extent but I must be doing something wrong. Cheers

go where the game is installed /data/pc/actor/player/face(or skin)you have there where to copy the files!

Hi there, I am trying to figure out how to copy the hexes sent on the Coloss forum into the editor, but it doesnt seem to work. If someone could give me a play by play on how to do this it would he heavily appreciated (including the head and face files). I understand it to some extent but I must be doing something wrong. Cheers

If you already have the player the facial dimensions and player likeness (body etc) can only be copied using the copy paste function.
For a quick copy using the HEX, click on save player, paste the HEX posted in forum over the HEX and click write DB.
The player should be updated with the new faceID, HairID etc.
Keep in mind that this does not copy body and face dimensions, only the copy paste function does that if there is an existing likeness record for that player.

i will make another tutorial on how to add /replace older star players from previous games on rc3!ex(mortlock,stephen donald)

Last edited:
This editor is starting to really shape up nice
Thanks!

The biggest hold back is decoding stuff, but please if anyone have info, a simple tutorial on how you do it with hex and I can most definitely do it.
Have a very good methodology so it should not be difficult.

I think a competitions tab would be a good idea. where we can change names of team and names of the competitions

I think a competitions tab would be a good idea. where we can change names of team and names of the competitions
I actually started working on that haha. Will most probably be released in version 4 of the editor.

I'm busy finalising the strip editor and then competitions and team names editor.
The whole editor is moving to a tabbed UI approach.

I actually started working on that haha. Will most probably be released in version 4 of the editor.

I'm busy finalising the strip editor and then competitions and team names editor.
The whole editor is moving to a tabbed UI approach.

Great News

Hi, great work on this editor! Really useful to change the attributes quickly. I wanted to ask, is it possible to change a player's team via the hex editor?

I am yet to decode the lineups.
You guys can actually assist.
So what you do is make a copy of your DB.
Go to the game and modify one item.
Go to hex editor, compare previous vs new version. Once this is done, try to identify which of these are the correct changes and if you can recreate them from hex editor. If you can, I can code it.
Hi, great work on this editor! Really useful to change the attributes quickly. I wanted to ask, is it possible to change a player's team via the hex editor?

hello, i have one question, this is possible to switch a team 7 to 15, we play a custom game with my mates, but we are blocked with the 60 max team create.
if anyone know the place in db for choose if team is 7 or 15?

Latest posts