Reasons You Country Can Win the W.C.

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Looking over previous posts there seems to be a lot of pessimistic posts about this. Saying it's New Zealand's tournament. Then whenever someone says their own country can win compatriots shooo them down.

Lets have some optimism.

In my opinion:
New Zealand
Australia
South Africa
Ireland
England
France
all have viable resons why they can win.

Post reasons you think your country can win.

Because I'm hiring Joe Esposito to sing this in the changing room before every match:
Try to be best
'Cause you're only a man
And a man's gotta learn to take it

Try to believe
Though the going gets rough
That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself
Try and you'll succeed

Never doubt that you're the one
And you can have your dreams!

You're the best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you down
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight 'til the end
Cause your life will depend
On the strength that you have inside you

Ah you gotta be proud
starin' out in the cloud
When the odds in the game defy you

Try your best to win them all
and one day time will tell
when you're the one that's standing there
you'll reach the final bell!

You're the best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ho-how-ho-own

INSPIRING GUITAR SOLO

You're the best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!
Nothing's gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Fight 'til you drop
never stop
can't give up
Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)
you're the best in town (FIGHT!)
Listen to that sound
A little bit of all you got
Can never bring you down

You're the best!
Around!
You're the Best!
Around!

The inspiring guitar solo really gets everyone pumped up

Ireland can win because we own the IRB. If we tell them to fix the tournament in our favour, we'll win it. This has worked already in the Heineken Cup where Ulster, Munster and Leinster have 5 ***les because we also own the ERC.

I think Ireland can win because:

THE BACKROW
Ireland have one of the most powerful backrows in world rugby. Heaslip and Ferris are world class and if he has a good W.C. SO'B will be considered to be as well. Wallace is also playing very well for his age.

THE OUTHALVES
Both our out-halves or proven winners who know how to control a game. Both also have very high kicking percentages and every point will be important.

EXPERIENCE
Of the likely 22 99% have won the H Cup or a Grand Slam. The other 1% the Magners League. Most have been in tough situations and dug themselves out.

LEADERSHIP
Theirs leaders littered all over the pitch including two former Lions captains.

THE CLIMATE
N.Z. is a very similar climate so our players will be used to th weather.

DEFENCE
Despite bringing in a new defensive system Ireland only let in 4 tries. One was an intercept, one incredibly illegal and one was a single missed tackle. Les Kiss is one of the best defensive coaches in the world.

MIKE ROSS
Finally Ireland have an anchor in the scrum. This gives us a platform.

I'm not saying Ireland will win but that they can win.

Never be optimistic ..you will always...always have your heart broken...

Here is one of the many reasons Ireland won't win the world cup
new_zealand_all_blacks.jpg

Canada could win, because we will be underrated and taken for granted as an easy win.... Element of surprise!!

Romania can't win :D.

But I'd like to see a Ireland - New Zealand final :). I think AllBlacks will win the RWC.

We could most certainly win the world cup, provided that there's a horrible mix up and all other nations send their water skiing teams by mistake. New Zealand would still probably beat us mind.

I think Ireland can win because:

THE BACKROW
Ireland have one of the most powerful backrows in world rugby. Heaslip and Ferris are world class and if he has a good W.C. SO'B will be considered to be as well. Wallace is also playing very well for his age.

THE OUTHALVES
Both our out-halves or proven winners who know how to control a game. Both also have very high kicking percentages and every point will be important.

EXPERIENCE
Of the likely 22 99% have won the H Cup or a Grand Slam. The other 1% the Magners League. Most have been in tough situations and dug themselves out.

LEADERSHIP
Theirs leaders littered all over the pitch including two former Lions captains.

THE CLIMATE
N.Z. is a very similar climate so our players will be used to th weather.

DEFENCE
Despite bringing in a new defensive system Ireland only let in 4 tries. One was an intercept, one incredibly illegal and one was a single missed tackle. Les Kiss is one of the best defensive coaches in the world.

MIKE ROSS
Finally Ireland have an anchor in the scrum. This gives us a platform.

I'm not saying Ireland will win but that they can win.

Yep, have to say Ireland is a genuine chance for the first time. Aus will need their A game and best players to put them away in the pool game. Its a real moment of truth for both sides.

Australia will win because they're not New Zealand.

I remember a load of people backing Ireland just before the competition 4 years ago too, and look how that turned out!
The 2007 tournament taught me to get real in terms of Wales' chances and ability when put up against South Sea Islanders - and we've got TWO of them this time! I felt sure we'd make the semis in France, and after that, who knew?? Shows what an impressionable and highly passionate and patriotic 18 year old knows, huh?!
Despite this morning's result, Australia will win it.

Scotland can win the RWC

It would just take a set of circumstances like plagues/ passport issues/ famine/ volcanoes/ wrong directions/ political instability/ nuclear war/ all of NZ except for the final venue and Scotlands hotel to sink/ lost/stolen luggage (the backs make up)/ drought and maybe even a zombie apocalypse, and then we'll be good as gold to win the tourney.

Otherwise, all we have to do is miss NZ in the quaterfinals, and make sure that our star kicker doesn't miss a sitter that would win his team the semi-final and then have a shot at the final.

Latest posts