• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recommend a great sandwich and a drink!

Bacon, Egg, Lettace, Tomato and Camembert with cold lemonade.

Onion and tomato relish and a good boerewors (all three prepared over open flame) in a bun with an ice cold white beer.

If you like burgers, check out this site (I hope it works - it is a bit slow sometimes): http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

A favorite non-burger for me is a Green Devil - liverwurst on rye, with a touch of mayonnaise, topped with sliced green (bell) pepper, sliced onion, and sliced green olives. 'Tis yummy!! (Hmmm...maybe I should call it the 'Chabal'... ;) )

It isn't an easy sandwich to pair a drink with, but a pint of Guinness couldn't hurt!

das

you know...you think this is all for good fun, and you think I'm being funny as I reply but really you're desecrating the codes.
In the good old days, well, at least in the era some could refer to as the "good old days", we would have the recalcitrant ones burnt. For witchery. To restore the beautifully harmonious state of the world between men and other things.

Ah, the glorious times...

you know...you think this is all for good fun, and you think I'm being funny as I reply but really you're desecrating the codes.
In the good old days, well, at least in the era some could refer to as the "good old days", we would have the recalcitrant ones burnt. For witchery. To restore the beautifully harmonious state of the world between men and other things.

Ah, the glorious times...

My sincerest apologies...

*kicks off shoes and scampers off to the kitchen*

das

My sincerest apologies...

*kicks off shoes and scampers off to the kitchen*

astonished-face-13382296.jpg

My God...it's..it's beautiful...

P.S.: I was only (half) kidding of course by the way, ha ha ha, I'm a firm believer in equity and parity and such..."news ideas". Ha ha ha.

My God...it's..it's beautiful...

P.S.: I was only (half) kidding of course by the way, ha ha ha, I'm a firm believer in equity and parity and such..."news ideas". Ha ha ha.

If you want me to ever take you seriously here, you must try MUCH harder than you do. ;) Methinks you and I are peas in a pod when it comes to our rather odd sense of humor. :)

das

If you want me to ever take you seriously here, you must try MUCH harder than you do. ;) Methinks you and I are peas in a pod when it comes to our rather odd sense of humor. :)

Everything I say on here is 100% serious. I thought this was completely clear by now.
Didn't some wise dude once say "humor is the mindkiller" ?...

oh...no no wait..it was "FEAR is the mindkiller". Yes, *FEAR*..
Forget it.

In Buenos Aires, Argentina, the sandwich of Bondiola:

131221111020135018.jpg

"The sandwich of bondiola", with luscious, thick slices of pork and salsa bondiolacriolla or chimichurri or even barbacoa (if your tastes lie that way) is one of the flavors you can't miss when you come to Buenos Aires. Head down to Costanera Sur in Puerto Madero to sample this reasonably priced delicacy made by a professional. With an array of fresh veggies and salsas to choose from, you can't go wrong. Order it completo if you want them to add ham, cheese and a fried egg on top of all that delicious pork. Your vegetarian friends can order a provoleta sandwich if they are unfortunate enough to be trying to eat in BA.

Bondiola is a part of the pork:

131221111022201545.jpg

I don't know as it is called in Europe and elsewhere, In Argentina the sandwich of Bondiola is like "fish and chips" in UK, very very popular. Near the River Plate there are many street restaurants that sell this food, highly recommended:

131221112015133684.jpg

With a "Fernet with Coca Cola":

131221111359526821.jpg

Fernet is a bitter alcoholic beverage amaro type made ​​from several types of herbs (myrrh, rhubarb, chamomile, cardamom and saffron, etc.), which are macerated in grape alcohol, filtered and aged in oak barrels for a period which may be from 6 to 12 months. It has a dark color, intense aroma and alcohol content is between 39 and 45 degrees depending on the brand.

Last edited:
never heard of that "fernet" drink...cool post, wouldn't have imagined that sort of food and beverage combo in Argentina. That pork sandwich looks mmmmmmmmmmm......
Homer_drool.jpg

never heard of that "fernet" drink...cool post, wouldn't have imagined that sort of food and beverage combo in Argentina. That pork sandwich looks mmmmmmmmmmm......
View attachment 2617

Yeah, there are many varieties of Bondiola's Sandwich

Sandwich of Bondiola Simple (Only Bondiola):

131222120604614181.jpg

Sandwich of Bondiola with chips:

131222120611245607.jpg

Sandwich of Bondiola with eggs:

131222120616394224.jpg

And others... I love Bondiola!!!!!!!!

Duuuuude !!! STOP posting pictures of all that stuff, I can't eat carbs and greasy meats these days !! I think I seriously might have to pleasure myself to those pics now, there's no other way..

I'm bloody starving after reading this thread!

PS. I thought you only ate beef in Argentina? :p

Fernet is a bitter alcoholic beverage amaro type made ​​from several types of herbs (myrrh, rhubarb, chamomile, cardamom and saffron, etc.), which are macerated in grape alcohol, filtered and aged in oak barrels for a period which may be from 6 to 12 months. It has a dark color, intense aroma and alcohol content is between 39 and 45 degrees depending on the brand.

Fernet Branco is THE hangover cure...................or even just for an upset stomach!!

An American barman introduced me to it in Majorca and it was like the sun coming up after a storm...........I introduced my wife (not a drink partaken) to it when she had a dicky tummy and after 10 minutes she managed to eat a full dinner.........will not travel without it!

Best way is a measure of Fernet followed by a glass of water to take away the taste and you are either better or sick within minutes!!!

Latest posts