• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 player ratings? Players with 99

That is another subject altogether and has been covered in previous posts so I will not be repeating myself.
The entire discussion came about where South Africa should be rated.

Now, go have a look at the most recent results of SA vs. New Zealand. SA have comfortably beaten New Zealand 3 x in a row and 4 out of the last 6 meetings.
SA have also retained the Super 14 for 2 years in a row and have won that 3 out of the last 4 years.

In fact, besides the Babaa's SA are the only other team to do so in recent times.
Hence my view is that SA should be ranked higher than NZ in the up and coming RUGBY 2012 game!

I am not being arrogant, I am more than happy for that to change if NZ can break the shackles SA currently have over them.
YEs SA should rated higher.

But I don't think any of those games were comfortable, save for the first one in South Africa last year.

I'm all for diehard fans, but being realistic and less arrogant, is also an attribute that is valued...

I am sorry if I offended you, some brainless specimen (surprised he could type) kept personally attacking me instead of looking at facts and stats so I had to explain it to him in simple terms. 1 + 1 = 2. He still did not get it!

It did come across arrogant but I am not. I am Scottish and proud to be but the truth of the matter is that SA have the edge on NZ at the moment. If that chnages great.

Last edited:
I am sorry if I offended you, some brainless speciment (surprised he could type) kept personally attacking me instead of looking at facts and stats so I had to explain it to him in simple terms. 1 + 1 = 2. He still did not get it!

It did come across arrogant but I am not. I am Scottish and proud to be but the truth of the matter is that SA have the edge on NZ at the moment. If that chnages great.

You do know that 'speciment' isn't a word. That, my friends, is irony.

I am sorry if I offended you, some brainless speciment (surprised he could type) kept personally attacking me instead of looking at facts and stats so I had to explain it to him in simple terms. 1 + 1 = 2. He still did not get it!

Agreed 100%.

In no way did SA "dominate" NZ - beat and outplayed them yes (though VERY close in that last game), but they didn't embarrass them by any means. Heck 2 out of the 3 wins in SA by the boks were due to the ABs committing penalties. And if you do that to SA, who can kick from anywhere, then you lose.

Careless, yes - dominated, no.

Agreed 100%.

In no way did SA "dominate" NZ - beat and outplayed them yes (though VERY close in that last game), but they didn't embarrass them by any means. Heck 2 out of the 3 wins in SA by the boks were due to the ABs committing penalties. And if you do that to SA, who can kick from anywhere, then you lose.

Careless, yes - dominated, no.

I agree with the you mostly. SA did dominate in the first test however. I will be the first person to say that it was not pretty rugby played by SA. In fact, it was awfull.
But it seems to be the type of game needed to beat the NZ.

I am bloody excited about the up and coming TRI NATIONS because the new laws have really improved the game as a spectacle. If SA win or lose it is going to be freakin awsome!
Watch out for the Ozzies this year!!!!

As a Hero of the Soviet Union, I must tell you tha vandalising Wikipedia is a serious crime.

oh, but it is true:

It is done. Fairhurst is the best player in the world voted by the esteemed members of TRF.

Who's gonna reference it in his wikipedia profile then?

Fairhurst?
No need for the question mark there. Ed brings passion, skill, pace and vision to the nine shirt the likes of which no other player can match. Just look at the expression of awe on Peter Stringer's face for example:

I agree with the you mostly. SA did dominate in the first test however. I will be the first person to say that it was not pretty rugby played by SA. In fact, it was awfull.
But it seems to be the type of game needed to beat the NZ.

I am bloody excited about the up and coming TRI NATIONS because the new laws have really improved the game as a spectacle. If SA win or lose it is going to be freakin awsome!
Watch out for the Ozzies this year!!!!
lol I think we're agreeing on the same thing - 2 out of the 3 I'm refferring to are the later ones! :p

But yeah, if you want to beat NZ, you have to frustrate them by not playing rugby - ie kicking out, up and under, and just general pointless kicking. Easier said than done, but SA is one of the few that can pull that off, and suffocate the ABs.

I think this would be a great idea. The rugby unions should be given an electronic document (stats) to complete. Each document should be completed by the players themselves. Even better each player should be rated by his team mates. The completed document could be returned (emailed) to HB Studios for proofing. If all players ratings are added up and divided by the no of players you should get a true reflection of a players stats.

I think this would be a great idea. The rugby unions should be given an electronic document (stats) to complete. Each document should be completed by the players themselves. Even better each player should be rated by his team mates. The completed document could be returned (emailed) to HB Studios for proofing. If all players ratings are added up and divided by the no of players you should get a true reflection of a players stats.

Or, everybody would be a 90. Because team-mates are cool like that.

As long as they don't give it to the SARFU to do, they will rate all the quota's. I think they should compile a list. Place it on here and ask for our suggestion. Can we not put up a list of players. Top 22 from each Club (Sharks, Bulls etc) and then rate them between a group of people. It was radiculous for example to see Jean Devilliers and Jaque Fourie rated in the 70's in Rugby 2008 for example. Pierre Spies was also shocking and so was Kankowski. There needs to be a fair rating system. Has anbody got a clue how they are going to do it. I wonder if someone is willing to draw up all the current players put it on this forum so that we can rate them?!

Maybe one should be allowed to edit the players skills but it should be limited to move up or down by 5 points or something to allow for errors and/or opinions!

RE: Francois Steyn - In 2008 he was selected in the World Team of the Year by Laureus, he is the youngest player ever to win a world cup at the age of 19 (replaced the injured Jean De Villiers). He is very versatile and can play Fly Half, centre, wing or Full-Back equally well. He also holds the record for the longest drop goal during a rugby match.

OWWW my head

He gets good kicking power and a drop goal rating...I have no problem with that at all

You say he can play all those positions...Id only ever take him at full back, and thats if Im against a team that cant attack very well and if the rest of my team were great in defense. Being able to play in different positions doesnt make you a great player.

lolworldcup. A team wins a world cup and that means that one really young player should be rated in the 90's or whatever terrible number you gave someone who can only kick far.

Gonna be honest. I dont care for anyone who needs to rely on past stats and figures instead of showing actual rugby knowledge

ok then, every player in south africa will be rated 99 , apart from the blacks, who will be rated 4.

SavageLezbian, please stop giving South Africans a bad name on here. I have been trying for years to prove to everyone we are not as stupid and blatantly biased as they think we are. Then you come here and give Schalk Burger a better rating than Richie MaCaw, and Morne Steyn better than Dan Carter?

Seriously. OMFG.

Should be rated the same as FIFA, as people have been saying. The only players, I believe, who should be rated 90+ overall are the likes of: Matfield, McCaw, Du Preez, Spies, Carter, BOD. From there, the stats should be distributed like a bell curve, with approx 70-75 as an average at international level. I think that minnow team players should not be so low across the board, allow some players with a standout stats - however there general skills are far lowers - this is more realistic than a team of 60 for every stat!

SavageLezbian, please stop giving South Africans a bad name on here. I have been trying for years to prove to everyone we are not as stupid and blatantly biased as they think we are. Then you come here and give Schalk Burger a better rating than Richie MaCaw, and Morne Steyn better than Dan Carter?

Jerkoff Jeric1cho, I see you are rather good at mobbing. It is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I am talking current form, I am not saying that Morne or Schalk has or will ever reach the pinnacle of the McCaw and/or Carter in their hay day. Go do yourself a favour and you will see that Morne Steyn broke all past SUPER RUGBY points records this year. He is a prolific points scoring machine. What did Carter do this entire Super 14 mate? He was comfortably outplayed by Morne Steyn, Quade Cooper and dare I say even the unlucky Peter Grant. With the law changes this year the Crusaders did not even know where to play Richie McCaw because his was no longer effective in his old role as fetcher and he was switched between 6 and 7. I will be the first to admit that McCaw for years has been the world leader but the new rules have suited Burger more and this was proved in the S14 this year. McCaw has also lost a yard or two in pace. The Stormers smashed the Crusaders in the Super14 this year and Schalk Burger proved to be a great leader and inspiration in the win making both Carter and McCaw look rather ordinary.

Last edited:
if highest team rating are 91,93 or 95, these team must have players with ratings 96, 98,... because a team rating is an average of squad

Latest posts