• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 2012 Team Ratings?

for mentioning the horslips and the video sending a chill down the spine..+1 ....but of course i cant...

Israeli_Pancake_Mix.jpg

only change id do from that list is to have wales above england and possibly argentina, as thats where they are at the moment imo and also, italy should be above fiji. also i think australia moved to second and south africa down to third. th rest is pretty much spot on though i think. id put wales on an 80! and yes im welsh! i also agree with dunch the noodle above, how on earth is huw bennett in the welsh set up!appauling hooker! shane williams would be a better hooker!! and katy price aka jordan!!!

if it is online i think they should just update team ratings every 3 months or whatever on what the world rankings are

I think that is a brilliant idea, follow the IRB rankings and update whenever you want! I do think team chemistry should be added as well. A mate of mine started with Wales in the Rugby 08 game when they were sh... and saved after every tournament won. He played with the same players and the team chemistry was eventually 90%. I like that idea for the offline players, mix it up with IRB ranking updates (for online players) and we will have an awsome game!

They should use IRB and sum of the players stats, BUT they should then give more importance to a randomized adjustment of each players (are they in shape or not, tired, low morale) AND to the entire team (reflecting team spirit, ambiance, coach's mood etc...). For example, French team wins 6 nations then get beat so bad by Argentina with almost the same players. That was surprising but very common in national teams at rugby.
Chemistry of the team should be fluctuating more and between each match.

Team Ratings should be based on the players chosen in your squad...
If you were playing season mode and Dan Carter, Richie McCaw and Tony Woodcock were all injured you couldn't expect to be rated higher than a full strength Springbok side

New Zealand 92
South Africa 87
Australia 86
France 85
Ireland 83
Argentina 81
England 80
Wales 79
Scotland 77
Fiji 76
Italy 73
Samoa 72
Japan 71
Canada 69
Tonga 68
Georgia 68
Romania 67
USA 67
Russia 65
Uruguay 63

More realistic but when the game is released it should be of the latest possible date

Why can't their just be a star rating? It fluctuates so much, Boks take over, then the Blacks take over, it has changed so much since the RWC.

5* Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
4 1/2 * France, Ireland
4* Wales, England, Scotland, Argentina
3 1/2 * Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, USA, Canada.

And so forth?

A 5* International team would obviously be a lot better than a 5* Club team.

New Zealand 92
South Africa 87
Australia 86
France 85
Ireland 83
Argentina 81
England 80
Wales 79
Scotland 77
Fiji 76
Italy 73
Samoa 72
Japan 71
Canada 69
Tonga 68
Georgia 68
Romania 67
USA 67
Russia 65
Uruguay 63

More realistic but when the game is released it should be of the latest possible date

While I do like Iron Mike's star rating idea I think this is more realistic...

Although the Boks have had about a year of greatness in the past 5 years I think everyone can agree that the All Blacks have generally dominated world rugby and should be a step above everyone.

Following them it would be the Boks and the Wallabies not too far behind as these two teams are close to being equal in their form.

They would then be very closely followed by France... then Ireland, and then the gap gets bigger and we see the likes of England, Argentina, Wales, Scotland etc.

While I do like Iron Mike's star rating idea I think this is more realistic...

Although the Boks have had about a year of greatness in the past 5 years I think everyone can agree that the All Blacks have generally dominated world rugby and should be a step above everyone.

Following them it would be the Boks and the Wallabies not too far behind as these two teams are close to being equal in their form.

They would then be very closely followed by France... then Ireland, and then the gap gets bigger and we see the likes of England, Argentina, Wales, Scotland etc.

Australia's better than South Africa, although they are very close. Firstly, we beat them in the Tri Nations, and in the first half of the match at Bloemfontein australia dominated south africa. Although Australia are inconsistent and can't perform well in the second half, South Africa caught up with penalty goals and not so much try scoring (or at least they scored less tries)

Were they to use the official IRB it would look something like this:

New Zealand 92
South Africa 87
Australia 86
France 85
Ireland 83
Argentina 81
England 80
Wales 79
Scotland 77
Fiji 76
Italy 73
Samoa 72
Japan 71
Canada 69
Tonga 68
Georgia 68
Romania 67
USA 67
Russia 65
Uruguay 63

Seems about fair to me. Maybe Walesshould be higher than England but apart from that...

that is bull i cant believe you think the all blacks are that much better than anyone else, i wonder if they will have home and away stats? but it doesnt matter as im sure they have figured out the ratings already

Not a fan of the overall team ratings at all. The star rating is a good idea, as it is in FIFA. It just tells you who the top teams are. Besides, numerical ratings out of 100 are just too pedantic, if you ask me.

that is bull i cant believe you think the all blacks are that much better than anyone else, i wonder if they will have home and away stats? but it doesnt matter as im sure they have figured out the ratings already

You can't believe that the All Blacks are that much better than anyone else? I assume you haven't noticed the spankings you've taken at their hands over the last two months then?

Latest posts