• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby Championship: Argentina - New Zealand (29/09/2012)

I think the Pumas will be ****** about this and take it out against the wounded Aussies next week.

Darwin, Nick, Dizzy, Icemn and all other New Zealanders... Congrats with the win! Have to get some sleep now. Early day tomorrow... Well, getting up in 3 hours.

Good night all!

If you are useless as a commentator, just move to Wales. You only need to know Jones and Williams...
That's even more of a challenge; which one?!

15-54 full time to New Zealand. Argentina really looked as if they had no game plan. They just chucked the ball around and hoped to breach the AB defence.

OK Europe, go to sleep. (Feels weird watching a test this time, a bit like the midday RWC matches last year)

Unlike Hernández to miss a tackle like that, he's a top class defender for a fly half. I assume it was fatigue and demoralisation that made him miss it.

I hope Argentina can recover from this loss in time for the Australian match.

The Canadian commentators for Georgia vs. Canada couldn't even get our own names right they were THAT bad, ask PD. For Georgia they mostly didn't even try.

That was awful. It was like they were pronouncing the Georgian names as if some baby had smash typed them on the keyboard.

That's even more of a challenge; which one?!

15-54 full time to New Zealand. Argentina really looked as if they had no game plan. They just chucked the ball around and hoped to breach the AB defence.

Just a total mess, knock on's galore, missed goal kicks and dropped goals. Sloppy tackling, no real ferocity at the break down. Not helped by Peyper who was ghastly.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHA PD, I just spat my beer out that was so funny, it's so true it was like gibberish.

Well, I feel you are wrong here mate. When you are a commentator you should know both teams, whether being from 1 of the countries or being neutral.

SA commentators are also awful. The number of times I heard them say "Keegan Daniels", "Digby Aione" or "Hadironoquy"... Awful.

Oh rubbish, I have heard commentators from around the world screwing up opposition names hell just watch the yanks trying to pronounce Maori, but they are doing a commentary for their own nation so you just laugh and listen to your own commentators butcher the oppositions language.

AB had a good day, but we completed half the tackles vs last game against Aus. Impossible to win anything playing like that.

Unlike Hernández to miss a tackle like that, he's a top class defender for a fly half. I assume it was fatigue and demoralisation that made him miss it.

I hope Argentina can recover from this loss in time for the Australian match.

That was awful. It was like they were pronouncing the Georgian names as if some baby had smash typed them on the keyboard.

Well, let's hope Madagascar make 2015!

Last edited:
Well played AB's, and congrats on winning the RC!
Worth staying up for to see some great rugby.

AB's really clicked today, your kicks were executed to perfection, your forwards tackled like demons, and didn't give inch in terms of physicality and your backline gelled perfectly.
The argies really need to work on their disipline, it seemed like their tactic whenever they were going backwards was to give away penalties at the breakdown which just got them further in the S@%$, don't most of these guys play in Europe, what's the excuse? I didn't think Peyper was bad at all, Argies just doing silly things. It's a shame because their were times when it did look they were a side who could threaten the AB's.
They also need to work on their fitness a bit, it may have just been a mental thing but this looking beaten and tired in the last 20 minutes it's in-excusable for professional sportman.
Anyway they have still done well in their first RC but it's frustrating to see a side with so much potential who just let's silly things let them down, like bad execution, ill-disipline and fitness.

Well done All Blacks! Congrats champions!...... Go Pumas! :(we must improve our game)

Really? The penalty after Hernandez converted was the right call?

Yes it was exactly the correct call!

[TEXTAREA]Law 11 DEFINITIONS
In general play a player is offside if the player is in front of a team-mate who is carrying the ball, or in front of a team-mate who last played the ball.[/TEXTAREA]

[TEXTAREA]11.1 OFFSIDE IN GENERAL PLAY
(b) Offside and interfering with play. A player who is offside must not take part in the game. This means the player must not play the ball or obstruct an opponent.[/TEXTAREA]

The ball was knocked back. Even if it was offside, it was accidental

Yes it was knocked back, then it touched a Pumas player on the shoulder, before being intentionally played by an offside Pumas player. Peyper even indicated this when he awarded the penalty.

Accidental offside ONLY applies when a player, in possession of the ball, makes contact with a team-mate in front of him, or a player is accidentally touched by the ball when in an offside position.

[TEXTAREA]11.6 ACCIDENTAL OFFSIDE
(a) When an offside player cannot avoid being touched by the ball or by a team-mate carrying it, the player is accidentally offside. If the player’s team gains no advantage from this, play continues. If the player’s team gains an advantage, a scrum is formed with the opposing team throwing in the ball.

(b) When a player hands the ball to a team-mate in front of the first player, the receiver is offside. Unless the receiver is considered to be intentionally offside (in which case a penalty kick is awarded), the receiver is accidentally offside and a scrum is formed with the opposing team throwing in the ball.
[/TEXTAREA]

If you are suggesting that it was accidental because the offside player didn't know it touched his own team-mate, then you are wrong. There is no basis for that in Law; the player is expected to know, and if in doubt, leave the ball alone and move away. In other words, in that situation I expect the player to assume that the ball was touched by a team-mate.

Should have been a scrum.

No. If Peyper had awarded a scrum in that situation then he would have committed an error in Law. (If I were his Referee Assessor, I would be putting a red X in the Law Knowledge box). A Penalty kick was the correct call.

You would be correct if the Pumas player had been touched by the ball unintentionally, but that is not what happened. He intentionally touched the ball when in an offside position, and, however harsh that might seem, a penalty kick was the correct call.

Some other decisions were harsh as well. NZ early at the breakdown and seem to have more freedom than the Pumas by Peyper's standards. Not saying NZ doesn't deserve to win, they play better than 2 weeks ago, but Peyper is not a good referee. He is not consistent.

I'm not seeing what you are seeing as regards inconsistency. Much of what you are complaining about are judgement calls which the referee, being closer to the action, is in a far better position than we are 60m away. I thought he was very consistent at the breakdown.

Jaco Peyper is an outstanding referee with great communications skills and good feel for the game. I saw only two obvious errors from him all day. He missed a forward pass and a knock-on, both in the second half. There was also another knock-on missed, but he was clearly looking in the other direction when it happened.

Nothing to say... the AB,s too much for anyone... Congratulations Champions!! I hope the Pumas learn quickly and improve his game for the next year... seeya!!

Well I've got to admit I enjoyed that ... mostly correct decisions made by the ABs, the handling error were just about non existent, and I got to eat dinner after the game for once, instead of staggering off to bed in the early hours of themorning (for once)

I think you guys are being a little hard on TJ, he's pretty good, after all he's from Marlborough ... he's only human, and not perfect ... after all, if he was perfect, he'd be from Nelson! :D :p

How come no one is talking about dan carteR! he´s the main difference in this second game. the guy is just incredible! boot: Perfect. timing perfect! setting the backs game amaizingly. his game desitions allways correct. running with the ball. he does all this with out even swetting. we never had a chance.
i agree with some of you guys. the reff was harsh on the pumas. but this is not the reason of the loss. the wether heped us last time aswell.
salute to the new champions! well deserved

Apparently, no team sheet provided to the Sky broadcasters. Nisbo had to whip downstairs and buy a programme!!

Also, commentators didn't have a referee audio feed.

Slack.... very slack!!

How come no one is talking about dan carteR! he´s the main difference in this second game. the guy is just incredible! boot: Perfect. timing perfect! setting the backs game amaizingly. his game desitions allways correct. running with the ball. he does all this with out even swetting. we never had a chance.
i agree with some of you guys. the reff was harsh on the pumas. but this is not the reason of the loss. the wether heped us last time aswell.
salute to the new champions! well deserved

I agree completely. I thought Carter was the major difference today. He took the ball to the line a lot more and showed his all round ability. That is what makes him the best first five of his generation.

I think this shows that Argentina still aren't quite there yet. I give them a huge chance to beat an Australian team will all sorts of problems next week. Still though I think they are a couple of years off being on the level of the "big three". I have no doubt that they will get there in a few years. I have loved having Argentina in this tournament. We never get afternoon rugby here in New Zealand so getting a game at midday is excellent.

Apparently, no team sheet provided to the Sky broadcasters. Nisbo had to whip downstairs and buy a programme!!

Also, commentators didn't have a referee audio feed.

Slack.... very slack!!

It's not slacking pal, it's lack of experience in organization of Rugby tests of this importance. They'll learn with time.

Latest posts