• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Sorry a bit of a rant after hearing the news. Pity after they have put in all the hard work and I know it's not their fault but rather the fat cats in control of SA rugby.

I'm gonna buy bioth games regardless who is in it or not,its just great to have rugby on the next gen....But wudve loved to have SA teams on RC....now HB when can we expect some new info????

I know there's a lotta guys loving a rant on here, but I gotta say I've been joined sidhe's forum a week and the flow of information from their team to the net community is impressive, there are regular announcements and details being released and they are building up a buzz.

The mood seems much more enthusiastic there than here which I'd put down to having a regular drip feed of information to the users. Considering there's such a big hoo ha on this site about being joined up with HB studios the silence is deafening on updates from HB.

I know TRF admins are doing their best but it is poor levels of detail coming from HB when compared to Sidhe. I understand the stuff they cant talk about yet for licensing or whatever but there's a whole bunch of smaller non controversial details they could be feeding out like the sidhe guys are doing.

In the absence of that this place is descending into hyenas screeching at each other and thats about it.

I know there's a lotta guys loving a rant on here, but I gotta say I've been joined sidhe's forum a week and the flow of information from their team to the net community is impressive, there are regular announcements and details being released and they are building up a buzz.

The mood seems much more enthusiastic there than here which I'd put down to having a regular drip feed of information to the users. Considering there's such a big hoo ha on this site about being joined up with HB studios the silence is deafening on updates from HB.

I know TRF admins are doing their best but it is poor levels of detail coming from HB when compared to Sidhe. I understand the stuff they cant talk about yet for licensing or whatever but there's a whole bunch of smaller non controversial details they could be feeding out like the sidhe guys are doing.

In the absence of that this place is descending into hyenas screeching at each other and thats about it.

It's hardly that bad, there's still over 9 weeks to release. I can tell you now, that both games will have a lot more to show of themselves than a few screenies (Sidhe's are not yet from a gameplay perspective at all), in the last 6 weeks prior to release.

Things have only just started to come out from both of them visually in the last month and there'll more and more yet.

Well before either game is anywhere near it's release date.
There's just a lot of hot air from interested Rugby gaming fans from either side just now.

Has anyone seen a single moving gameplay pixel from either side as yet?

^^^^^ some have claimed to, but us mere mortals still wait patiently and aren't jumping to conclusions until concrete evidence appears :D I'm just enjoy the ride atm. The banter on here is blikin hilarious, never seen anything so crazy in the 4 years i have been a member :p :p awesome stuff. Keep em coming :D

Yeah I know what you mean, though I'm not sure 'well before either game is anywhere near its release date' is too accurate!

Many other games have previews out there in the press long before release, not a lot is gonna change in the last few weeks of dev, and so far we've got some vague screenshots, 2 loose embargoed progress reports from gaming sites and as you say not a second of gameplay.

Thats not normal, and HB have given significantly less than Sidhe who have screenshots and making ofs and various marketing bits to get the buzz going. I'm not expecting Steve Jobs here but these guys could use a few tips in marketing from the look of it!

When dealing with teams licenses both Studios have their hands tied behind their backs until they have a green light. Neither team is a big EA machine but are instead small independent studios that purly fund these projects from their much smaller pockets and much smaller marketing departments. The reason no one gets to see anything is purely due to the fact that they cant show you and do not have the EA muscle to push them out sooner. There's no question they would love to but just cant. They have a mile of red tape to go though before we get any screen shots what so ever.

Last edited:
Was hoping there would be a ''be a pro'' mode like fifa or some sort of club rugby but if its just international might just rent it, i hope it does well though so they can add to the next game.

Sorry a bit of a rant after hearing the news. Pity after they have put in all the hard work and I know it's not their fault but rather the fat cats in control of SA rugby.

You boys from the Republic shouldn't worry too much in my opinion. Like I keep telling people over at the Sidhe forum, it'll probably take the modding community about a week to fix the jerseys and maybe a month or two to fix all the names and likenesses of all the players. So just keep you eyes peeled.

You boys from the Republic shouldn't worry too much in my opinion. Like I keep telling people over at the Sidhe forum, it'll probably take the modding community about a week to fix the jerseys and maybe a month or two to fix all the names and likenesses of all the players. So just keep you eyes peeled.

Thanks mate but I am an oldy and not always up to date with mods, which I will prove by asking the next lame question. Can you do the mods on PS3

Thanks mate but I am an oldy and not always up to date with mods, which I will prove by asking the next lame question. Can you do the mods on PS3

It's a little fiddly from what I know, but I'm positive you can.

Problem for me is I only play online and there will be no edited teams players stats online to prevent cheating. Not that it is a deal breaker but pretty tough when you cant play as your team.

The perfect song (I know it was on FIFA 10 BTW):

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a massive set back! Last night we had another massive aftershock here in Christchurch and my tv broke damn it. Just turned it on and it a massive crack!

Just had a massive set back! Last night we had another massive aftershock here in Christchurch and my tv broke damn it. Just turned it on and it a massive crack!

Mate, so sorry to hear that. Hope all of you guys are doing ok down there. Maybe considering moving mate?

Yep its not easy here eh. Though I am on the west side of town so at least I get water to drink and shower with

coming from a fellow Christchurchian, I feel your pain. Luckily at my house we don't get a whole lot of damage.

Were super lucky tho. The first quake hit way out west and the other way out east and were smack bang in the middle so were fine. Would never think of moving. Christchurch is our home earthquake or not

Latest posts