• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

There is a very large constituency of people who play our games on PC. They will understandably be upset that we are not releasing a PC version of the game.

The sad truth is that the constituency of people who buy our game on PC is much, much smaller.

easy make it like world of war craft where you create a batle .net acount, no account, no play, hb win.
and to be honest i am part of trf modding team and ive been dying for a new rugby game and i will never buy a console because consoles die pcs dont.

Then why is South Africa in the Tri Nations at all? Not caring about it and sending a b-team is not in the spirit of the game. Participate properly, or not at all.

by the way, good luck for the world cup, and yes, this saturday's result doesn't really matter anyway.

We can utilize this tournament in any way we want to, if Aus and NZ are dumb enough to risk their star players before the World cup then that's their problem. we are contractually bound to play the tri-nations and since NZ and AUS always bully the SA in the SANZAR meetings we don't have much of a choice now do we??

this is our way to throw them a big fat middle finger! at the end of the year nobody will care who was the tri-nations champs of 2011, they will all want to know who was the World Champs of 2011...

i for one one hope someone big runs quade cooper into the ground, nearly killing him... now that will make those NZ and Aussie ******** sit up and wonder if it really was such a good idea a month before the world cup...

lets face it,we fielded a 2nd-3rd string team. From what i hear, you south africans are sending a b-team 'cause all ur players are 'injured'. So don't get your hopes up for saturday!

2nd or 3rd string? Come off it, only 7 of the 22 have been changed for this weekend haven't they?

We can utilize this tournament in any way we want to, if Aus and NZ are dumb enough to risk their star players before the World cup then that's their problem. we are contractually bound to play the tri-nations and since NZ and AUS always bully the SA in the SANZAR meetings we don't have much of a choice now do we??

this is our way to throw them a big fat middle finger! at the end of the year nobody will care who was the tri-nations champs of 2011, they will all want to know who was the World Champs of 2011...

i for one one hope someone big runs quade cooper into the ground, nearly killing him... now that will make those NZ and Aussie ******** sit up and wonder if it really was such a good idea a month before the world cup...
This is why the All Blacks are the best team in the world because we go out to win every game we plaY not just a selected few like you Sth African's,Yes you guys won the last world cup but the All Blacks havn't since 87 but we are still the favorites everytime.

This is why the All Blacks are the best team in the world because we go out to win every game we plaY not just a selected few like you Sth African's,Yes you guys won the last world cup but the All Blacks havn't since 87 but we are still the favorites everytime.

Being favourites everytime and not be able to win means that your players peak at the wrong time!! Could it be that they play to much trying to win every game????? Or they just don't have BMT!!!!

Last edited:
Being favourites everytime and not be able to win means that your players peak at the wrong time!! Could it be that they play to much trying to win every game????? Or they just don't have BMT!!!!

Would you rather have the AB's winning record? (By far the best out of all countries) and consistently be ranked no1 in the world, not to mention multiple tri nations and bledisloe cups, or have one more WC win, a worse record and consistenly have the 2nd, 3rd or 4th ranking? I'm far more comfortable with the AB's approach of winning every game and being the best team

There's barely as much prestige for New Zealand to win the Bledisloe Cup as there is for England to win the Calcutta Cup. i.e. none.

Would you rather have the AB's winning record? (By far the best out of all countries) and consistently be ranked no1 in the world, not to mention multiple tri nations and bledisloe cups, or have one more WC win, a worse record and consistenly have the 2nd, 3rd or 4th ranking? I'm far more comfortable with the AB's approach of winning every game and being the best team

To be quite honest, i would rather be known as the world champion than anything else... being number 1 without being world champion is useless if your trophy case is empty...

also nobody sees the all blacks as number 1... they just see them as CHOKERS!

Actually most of the rugby community see's the All Blacks as number 1. And after they win a second world cup this year we will finally be indisputably the best rugby team the world has ever seen. The fact that our world cup win's could be so far apart just show's how we continue to dominate rugby in the long term and not just for a year at a time.

Actually most of the rugby community see's the All Blacks as number 1.
I was about to agree with and then this happened:
And after they win a second world cup this year we will finally be indisputably the best rugby team the world has ever seen. The fact that our world cup win's could be so far apart just show's how we continue to dominate rugby in the long term and not just for a year at a time.
No thanks.
I hate arrogance, and hope NZ don't make it out of the groups :D

No thanks.

Come on Olyy, don't you know how many New Zealanders want to curse people who spout off that kind of arrogance into the ground???

Any sane New Zealander knows that's the attitude that got us the bad results of previous cups (and possibly will again)! :)

To be quite honest, i would rather be known as the world champion than anything else... being number 1 without being world champion is useless if your trophy case is empty...

Keep your stirring to yourself. The All Blacks trophy cabinet is FAR from empty, unlike your head for saying it is.

Full of 1-off test trophys... ;)

That's because they won't make an official "clean sweep of the home unions trophy". They don't want to motivate them more. ;)

BTW I'm just trying to stop the kind of stirring from earlier, not partake of it, but I often get my arm twisted by others. :lol:

will they make a game for next year aswell because it would be good to keep making rugby games each year like they do for fifa.

if sales of this one is good I'm sure they will. some of the hb devs have made mentions of wanting to put in stuff for future versions that they couldn't put in this time

if sales of this one is good I'm sure they will. some of the hb devs have made mentions of wanting to put in stuff for future versions that they couldn't put in this time

I noted that too, almost made me think they might've secured a multi-game deal with 505 or something based on not a lot of work being needed to be done to the engine in future years, but just nailing licenses for clubs. That's my hope. :)

No thanks.
Yer I admit I did go a bit to far with that lol! Nar I just got a bit stirred up when he said ''nobody'' see's N.Z as number 1. Although I do think what I said was true, except that us winning the WC isn't as easy as I made it out to be in my first post. It will be interesting to see if Argentina or England (Who I believe we will most likely verse in quarters) will be able to knock us off early on like back in 07.

Keep your stirring to yourself. The All Blacks trophy cabinet is FAR from empty, unlike your head for saying it is.

oh come on, what's a little banter between rugby lovers??

while us Saffas gawk in awe at the William Webb Ellis trophy in our cabinet as well as the Super 14 trophy that has a permanent residence at Loftus, as well as our British & Irish Lions trophy, have fun looking at the Tri-Nations and Bledisloe cup...

maybe my focus should be on Australia's empty cabinet... who's only trophy was won by a New Zealander...

but hey, i would rather like to see the All Blacks win the World Cup than the bloody "Soutpiel" poms!

I guess we all went a bit off the topic with our banter... Sorry about that...

Latest posts