• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

Just played the demo a couple more times, and noticed a few more things:

- There's not much difference between player stats, e.g. I couldn't see much difference between the speeds of Bryan Habana and every other back on the field, they all seemed pretty similar, same goes for passing, agility etc. This will probably be less of a problem in the full game, but still pretty annoying in the demo.
- Support play of the AI is poor, whenever I cut through the defence, my nearest teammate was usually about 5 metres behind me, it was like the AI didn't want to run.
- Way too many interceptions on offloads, I can understand the opposition intercepting when I try a miracle offload, but even when there was teammate right next to the player getting tackled, the offload would be intercepted, it seems that on a '50/50' offload the opposition would win every time.

Guys, I'm chasing the Demo situation in South Africa. Both X360 and PS3 demos should be out in that region. I will update as details become available.

FYI, the demos are submitted to Sony and Microsoft many many weeks before they are released. They go up as soon as we can get them to you, but we at the mercy of both Sony and Microsoft.

I appreciate the frustration in South Africa and will work to get you guys hands on as soon as we can.

chip kick is sick.
drop goals are way better then 08.
graphics are beautiful.
replays are useless unless you love watching the ball being grounded.
where are the dummys?
nice to see kicking tees.
crowd sounds good.
breakdowns are good.
poaching the ball is a great feature.

good job HB :D

ps. i tossed Foden with the nastiest hand off... and absolutely loved it
If you wait for the third replay it is normally goes further back, plus in the final you will have manual replay, hopefully it will go far enough back, yea nobody likes a just put down replay, would prefer two real good ones, well we could always skip and watch manually, O8 was perfect in that sense, and I loved the big play replay of regular plays in 08(hand offs, sidesteps, tackles), don't know if they will be in final version, 08 or 06 even had little fighting cut scenes that added to the emotion of the game the commentator would even say a "a little Argi Bargi in the game". ha, ha, yea that was ace.
Cheers and Salud
crowd sounds good.
breakdowns are good.
poaching the ball is a great feature.

good job HB :D

Just played the demo a couple more times, and noticed a few more things:

- There's not much difference between player stats, e.g. I couldn't see much difference between the speeds of Bryan Habana and every other back on the field, they all seemed pretty similar, same goes for passing, agility etc. This will probably be less of a problem in the full game, but still pretty annoying in the demo.
- Support play of the AI is poor, whenever I cut through the defence, my nearest teammate was usually about 5 metres behind me, it was like the AI didn't want to run.
- Way too many interceptions on offloads, I can understand the opposition intercepting when I try a miracle offload, but even when there was teammate right next to the player getting tackled, the offload would be intercepted, it seems that on a '50/50' offload the opposition would win every time.

I noticed what you mean about the support play, amde a break with Foden and Ashton just disappeared from his outside to bugger off somewhere else. Also noticed that the opposition wingers are very good at covering their opposite numbers when a centre or fullback makes a break inside them, meaning there's no simple 2 vs 1 situations to score a try. Frustrating how the flankers keep loitering on the wing, I'll see an overlap pass it out, only to find it's Moody or Juan Smith instead of Ashton or Habana, so they aren't fast enough to run in a 40m try

Well that was a nightmare reading 47 pages of trolling.
I for one an really looking forward to playing this demo (PS3 user). It's so frustrating seeing so many idiots expecting this game to be on par with FIFA then when they see that it isn't they immediately start hating.
For once think logically, it can only be a positive having 2 rugby games on the market. Remember what it did to FIFA and PES. FIFA once so far ahead but now it is too close to call. Friendly competition made each games excellent on a yearly basis. So far it looks as though this friendly competiton between HB and Sidhe is exactly the same as FIFA vs PES albeit in it's early stages. In that I mean that each game brings something different to the table.

Please everyone have patience, if both games are a success then yearly releases are likely. Each year building on the previous. We certainly have not seen the best from HB and Sidhe so please guys try and support the cause!

I was really looking forward to this demo too. I don't really think anyone expected RWC2011 to be on a par with FIFA2011 given the budget and market comparisons between a rugby series and FIFA. I think people are entitled to expect significant improvements over Rugby 08 (especially since it was a mild advance from Rugby 06). The improvements simply aren't there in the demo. Lineout steals were simple to do, gaps easy to find in defence, animations seemed identical. I wanted this to be good and it felt like rubbish. Maybe the game developers have reached the limit of what they are able to do with a rugby game. Compared to soccer, coding the rugby gameplay experience into a game would be a hell of lot more complex..maybe Rugby 06 /08 /RWC2011 is as good as it gets. Will be interesting to see if Rugby Challenge game brings a lot more to the table.

Guys: anyone in South Africa able to see the Xbox demo if you change your region setting to the UK or similar?

Guys: anyone in South Africa able to see the Xbox demo if you change your region setting to the UK or similar?

that wont work, you have to have a xbox account in UK...you cant just change the region....i'm from SA and have a UK account, downloaded it last night
the other option is to create a new account for UK but you will lose all your stuff from your SA account

that wont work, you have to have a xbox account in UK...you cant just change the region....i'm from SA and have a UK account, downloaded it last night
the other option is to create a new account for UK but you will lose all your stuff from your SA account

Got it.

Still trying to work out exactly what the new timeline is for those in SA. Not looking imminent at this point. My apologies to all in SA awaiting the demo.