• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Come no need to be rude.

The guy's clearly not a gentleman and these NZ media trying to buy him a virginity by constantly bringing up fake stuff about other players in other teams is pathetic. I allowed myself to a little sarcasm there, don't be a princess.

I've never seen him do anything like knee, eye gouge etc. He arrived at the breakdown and contested Dusautoir, while Parra raised his head. Anyone who sees thinks it was deliberate is just kidding themselves. Saying "bringing up fake stuff about other players in other teams is pathetic" which I totally agree, but I just think that's you. You see in the video with Rougerie, that he headbutts him (not even near the entrance of the ruck), puts his fingers over Richie McCaw's eyes and rakes. There is no two ways of interpreting that. Anyone who watches the McCaw/Parra indicent can see he's trying to contest the ruck.

I can never recall McCaw ever getting cited or penalised for foul play. He's penalised at the breakdown for doing what an openside flanker does, but he never has intentionally tried to injure someone. It just seems like your being a sore loser and looking to villainize a great player instead of facing the fact that your team wasn't quite good enough on the night.

I've never seen him do anything like knee, eye gouge etc. He arrived at the breakdown and contested Dusautoir, while Parra raised his head. Anyone who sees thinks it was deliberate is just kidding themselves. Saying "bringing up fake stuff about other players in other teams is pathetic" which I totally agree, but I just think that's you. You see in the video with Rougerie, that he headbutts him (not even near the entrance of the ruck), puts his fingers over Richie McCaw's eyes and rakes. There is no two ways of interpreting that. Anyone who watches the McCaw/Parra indicent can see he's trying to contest the ruck.

I can never recall McCaw ever getting cited or penalised for foul play. He's penalised at the breakdown for doing what an openside flanker does, but he never has intentionally tried to injure someone. It just seems like your being a sore loser and looking to villainize a great player instead of facing the fact that your team wasn't quite good enough on the night.

Hadn't seen the Rougerie thing. Makes me look pretty silly now.

I was talking about http://sport.msn.co.nz/rugbyworldcup/latestnews/8365015/france-fined-and-accused-of-eye-gouge , in which Dusautoir was accused, and i think it is bullshit. NZ media have been insulting France constantly during this WC and I think it's quite pathetic, yes.

About Mc Caw not being a gentleman, I mean he's always on the verge of cheating and never really gracious to the team in front of him before or after a game. I thought France deserved a little more credit that what him and the whole kiwi staff gave them after the game.

There. That Rougerie thing sucks. A lot.

Last edited:
Actually Quinn never said that it was Dusautoir that did it, merely that he was the captain and should've apologised to McCaw, as he was near enough to see it.

I'm not surprised Joubert is being defended by the Kiwis on here. He played a great game if you happen to be a NZ fan. From a neutral perspective he had a shocker. Everybody is saying it and people were talking about it when New Zealander Paddy O'Brien picked him to ref the final.

Yes Mc Caw has been punished by Rougerie. When the ref doesn't ref the ruks properly, this happens.
I have seen the game and McCaw's behaviour in the ruks, he was always above the limit without any reaction from Joubert during the whole first half so I guess it could be a punishment.
If Rougerie did this on purpose that's a shame. Also if Mc Caw did this rough kneeing on Para it's a shame.

Hadn't seem the Rougerie thing. Makes me look pretty silly now.

I was talking about http://sport.msn.co.nz/rugbyworldcup/latestnews/8365015/france-fined-and-accused-of-eye-gouge , in which Dusautoir was accused, and i think it is bullshit. NZ media have been insulting France constantly during this WC and I think it's quite pathetic, yes.

About Mc Caw not being a gentleman, I mean he's always on the verge of cheating and never really gracious to the team in front of him before or after a game. I thought France deserved a little more credit that what him and the whole kiwi staff gave them after the game.

There. That Rougerie thing sucks. A lot.

I don't think I've ever thought he was especially ungracious, most games I've seen him pay tribute to the teams he plays, it just seems they were caught up in the moment as the rest of the team was. I can tell you now that the French team have received nothing but applause from the players and coaches, it's just the moment was mental in New Zealand. Maybe the team were too self-involved, but I don't think they meant any disrespect by it.

I haven't seen the Dusautoir incident. Some people have said he was involved in an eye gouge in early reports, which I think they certainly should have provided evidence before they opened their mouths, but I haven't seen anything. I think emotions are running pretty high in both countries at the moment.

As for NZ Media insulting France, to be fair, every media world wide have been. The Welsh media after the semi was worse. France played shockingly through most of the tornement (certainly to their standards), however other than stupid things from the Dominion Post (which everyone has said is a trash paper), most media have said France could break our hearts again. And they almost did. In terms of media, I think France have had it easy compared to the English.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised Joubert is being defended by the Kiwis on here. He played a great game if you happen to be a NZ fan. From a neutral perspective he had a shocker. Everybody is saying it and people were talking about it when New Zealander Paddy O'Brien picked him to ref the final.

I also find it a tad funny how NZers are defending Joubert's performance. He didn't have his best game on the night I'll admit and NZ could do no wrong in their own half. That said I disagree with the highlighted bit as I feel Joubert has been the ref around for a while and his appointment is totally legit. It is however unfortunate that the final got a good dose of controversy due to Joubert 'non-reffing' the ABs in their own half (which is where most of the rugby was played). That said I don't think Joubert intentionally went out to cause France to lose but it is probably more a case of the pressure and the occasion getting to him and him wanting to 'not have too much of an effect' which ended up being just the other way around. Similar to Bryce Lawrence in the SA-Aus game where his refusal to actually ref Aus (after he was bad in the Aus-Ireland game) meant he was leaning that way though I think that unintentional as well. I do believe though that these performances need to be addressed though.

EDIT: I hope my post makes sense; I see I made a ton of mistakes through typing slowly and not remembering what I typed 5 words back LOL

Last edited:
Really lol, Harinordoquy was milking it. He had no chance of getting near Woodcock and so he grabs Read who shoves him back.

Talk it up, Joubert is the best ref in the world, its not really even debatable. He had a good game, better than any other ref would have done in that game.
Obviously some rules are down to interpretation, and Joubert was just calling it as he saw it.

The ref had no bearing on the outcome, the most accurate team won on the day.

Joubert is a really good referee, but he was hopeless on that match as it didn't look at all to what he probably expected: a complete control of the ABs over the match, with the french team defending most the time. He had to deal with decisions that he knew would turn 60,000 people against him, this was a World Cup final and even an experienced referee can choke when it comes to penalize the team of the receiving country in such a context.

Now, as I already said the referee is part of the game, and you have to deal with the mistakes, that's life, sometimes it helps you, sometimes not. I'm just answering to that absurd statement that a so-called foul of Rougerie would have directly led to the french try, that's all. For the rest congrats to the Blacks of course, they deserve their ***le.

http://www.akl.stuff.co.nz/waikato-...l-Blacks-vs-France-World-Cup-final-highlights

Look a time 0:03. Hari is on the right, and prevented to move by the AB #8's obvious obstruction. Unlike what you say, without that obstruction he has enough time to reach Woodcock.

I also find it a tad funny how NZers are defending Joubert's performance. He didn't have his best game on the night I'll admit and NZ could do no wrong in their own half. That said I disagree with the highlighted bit as I feel Joubert has been the ref around for a while and his appointment is totally legit. It is however unfortunate that the final got a good dose of controversy due to Joubert 'non-reffing' the ABs in their own half (which is where most of the rugby was played). That said I don't think Joubert intentionally went out to cause France to lose but it is probably more a case of the pressure and the occasion getting to him and him wanting to 'not have too much of an effect' which ended up being just the other way around. Similar to Bryce Lawrence in the SA-Aus game where his refusal to actually ref Aus (after he was bad in the Aus-Ireland game) meant he was leaning that way though I think that unintentional as well. I do believe though that these performances need to be addressed though.

EDIT: I hope my post makes sense; I see I made a ton of mistakes through typing slowly and not remembering what I typed 5 words back LOL

Craig Joubert

New Zealand's favourite South African haha

He's welcome to my home anytime:)

He's also the greatest referee to ever ref the game of rugby hahaha

Ive never seen so many complaints about the referee in one world cup. I thought the kiwis were bad for bagging Wayne Barnes but this is a whole new level, this is way worse than the kiwis. I mean some people here that are complaining about the reff arent even French lol, I can understand the French hating on Joubert but the others...its like it was their team that lost.

Joubert is a really good referee, but he was hopeless on that match as it didn't look at all to what he probably expected: a complete control of the ABs over the match, with the french team defending most the time. He had to deal with decisions that he knew would turn 60,000 people against him, this was a World Cup final and even an experienced referee can choke when it comes to penalize the team of the receiving country in such a context.

Now, as I already said the referee is part of the game, and you have to deal with the mistakes, that's life, sometimes it helps you, sometimes not. I'm just answering to that absurd statement that a so-called foul of Rougerie would have directly led to the french try, that's all. For the rest congrats to the Blacks of course, they deserve their ***le.

http://www.akl.stuff.co.nz/waikato-...l-Blacks-vs-France-World-Cup-final-highlights

Look a time 0:03. Hari is on the right, and prevented to move by the AB #8's obvious obstruction. Unlike what you say, without that obstruction he has enough time to reach Woodcock.

Read turns, shove the guy after he runs into him, then runs towards the line - that's not an obstruction.

tell David Pocock that Saint Richie plays fair, it was his umanga/mealamu style cleanout on him that caused Quade's rivalry with him, dont worry there's been some dirt on richie in the past

Ive never seen so many complaints about the referee in one world cup. I thought the kiwis were bad for bagging Wayne Barnes but this is a whole new level, this is way worse than the kiwis. I mean some people here that are complaining about the reff arent even French lol, I can understand the French hating on Joubert but the others...its like it was their team that lost.

hmmmm nah i think the kiwis were much worse back in 2007.
if anything people who arent french are just simply calling it as they see it with no agenda or strings attached. AB's were gifted the win just like we were against SA in the quarters.

Last edited:
tell David Pocock that Saint Richie plays fair, it was his umanga/mealamu style cleanout on him that caused Quade's rivalry with him, dont worry there's been some dirt on richie in the past

Ooohh, nice. Again no proof, but I don't expect anything like that in your posts.

At the end, fair enough for us to complain about the referee...Kiwis have complained during the whole last 4 years about Barnes. At least kiwis understand how it feels when people are whinging about unfair referee decisions...

Then you must be 3 years old. The Barnes bashing after the 2007 semi is a climax never to be reached again. About Joubert, don't worry, in a few days it will pass.
NZ deserve their win overall, but they did benefit from a lack of guts from Joubert a few times.
Then again, Weepu offered us 8 or so points so all in all it's just a close game of rugby that could have gone both ways.

I agree, I think the section of AB fans who blamed Barnes for that loss were and still are pathetic poor losers.

Just like how the segments of Welsh/French/SA/Samoan fans who have done exactly the same this WC are also pathetic poor losers.

Although those who actually take it up to the conspiracy theory level and make claims about Nigel Owens ancestry or Paddy O'Brien being the mastermind behind it all take it to a whole new level of idiocy.

I think it was actually only the aussie fans (shock horror) who were actually gracious in defeat, and I doubt the AB fans would have been quite so good if the scores had been reversed....

The ref is just another variable in a game, that teams need to adjust and play to.

Last edited:
The ref is just another variable in a game, that teams need to adjust and play to.

See, now this is one hell of a stupid thing to say. In no way or form whatsoever do teams need to 'adjust' to how the referee is blowing a game. The referee is there to adhere to the laws of the game, not to do what he feels like. In South Africa's case, the retard in my signature deemed it necessary to ignore all of the rules in the breakdown, thereby letting David Pocock feel like he was having sex for the first time.

It's utterly retarded to have to have a team 'play to the referee' when all the referee is supposed to do is adhere to the laws, and not try to be the center of the match.

Players and teams should not need to change their tactics in a game because the referee is in the mood to blow the game in a certain way. Rugby needs to be played, and rules need to be adhered by. Referees in the modern game have far more power than they should, and it's absolutely appalling.

Latest posts