• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

I actually think Aaron Cruden + Piri Weepu negates the need for Dan Carter, because Cruden can make the ball go places and break the line, whilst Weepu can be relied on to kick and score at goal.

That IMO is a pretty stupid thought, missing the best player in the world (ever) doesn't get negated by an average flyhalf and a good scrumhalf. Cruden doesn't have half of the ability that DC has at anything.

That IMO is a pretty stupid thought, missing the best player in the world (ever) doesn't get negated by an average flyhalf and a good scrumhalf. Cruden doesn't have half of the ability that DC has at anything.

Cruden's running game isn't too far off DC's so to say he doesn't have half the ability in any facet is very ignorant of both players ability.

Better offloading game and identical defense too. Thats about it though

Would be nice for NZ if the All Blacks can win a World Cup anywhere else than at home... It will be another 24 years for them to win again ;)

That would be lovely :D. If we win this week-end I'm picking that it'll be AB world cup dominance for the next decade or so. NZ can't dominate every level/form of the game (from schools, to age representitive, to womans, sevens etc) and not dominate the mens world cup eventually. Floodgates will open you watch :p the curse will be broken this Sunday. If not f*** it I'm supporting the black ferns...

Last edited:
Hey guys I have a spare category A ticket for sale if interested pm me
can't wait
really nervous

French bench named: Dimitri Szarzewski, Fabien Barcella, Julien Pierre, Fulgence Ouedraogo, Jean-Marc Doussain, Francois Trinh-Duc, Damien Traille

I just wanna say, while France haven't shown it yet, they have the ability to be the best team in the world, their backline moves throughout this whole world cup have been absolutely beautiful to watch, the only thing they've lacked is that xfactor player, but other than that France have been strong in every area, their back line have shown beautiful moves from set plays, better than any other team i've seen this entire world cup and that includes the all blacks. Their set pieces are strong, they just haven't had an x-factor player who can break the line or make something from nothing. But in the final they may very well bring this, I've been saying since the pool stages, this French team has the potential to be the best team in the world, they just haven't shown it yet.

Last edited:
It will be an interesting game. I think that the French have superiority 1-5 and that the back rows are pretty equal, with a slight edge to McCaw. Hopefully the French will take a leaf from the ABs book and run into him all night. All Backs at the moment have the edge in the backs, the amount that the French can disturb their continuity is key to them winning the game.

This is a one off game for both teams, France have never won a world cup and the Abs only one 24 years ago. There are plenty of exceptionally talented players coming to the end of their careers and they will all be completely up for it. It'll be a facinating match, rooting for France as I'd love to see a Northern Hemisphere team win again!

It will be an interesting game. I think that the French have superiority 1-5 and that the back rows are pretty equal, with a slight edge to McCaw. Hopefully the French will take a leaf from the ABs book and run into him all night. All Backs at the moment have the edge in the backs, the amount that the French can disturb their continuity is key to them winning the game.

This is a one off game for both teams, France have never won a world cup and the Abs only one 24 years ago. There are plenty of exceptionally talented players coming to the end of their careers and they will all be completely up for it. It'll be a facinating match, rooting for France as I'd love to see a Northern Hemisphere team win again!

:D

Does anyone else think it would be brilliant if France challenged the Haka? I think the atmosphere would erupt in Eden Park if it did. It'd be fantastic. I saw this which made me laugh.

320226_218234274911099_172867306114463_615966_1048364024_n.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone else think it would be brilliant if France challenged the Haka? I think the atmosphere would erupt in Eden Park if it did. It'd be fantastic. I saw this which made me laugh.

View attachment 1491

:lol: @ Piri. Awesome!

I think more teams need to stand up to the haka. I know the All Blacks love it when it happens. I wouldn't have a problem with it provided nothing physical comes of it.

I loved the haka vs France in 07

Shame they can't be that close anymore

Last edited by a moderator:
Annoys me that they are not allowed to be as close as that for the Haka. Always gets the blood boiling.

Now that ain't allowed to do it past the 10m line, though Ali Williams nearly always goes over it.

Maybe both teams should just fight for 5 minutes before kick off.

View attachment 1491

Somehow we all hope they do something during the Haka...But They have done it already in 2007 so it would be a repeat (no more surprise). I'm sure there has been discussion about it in the french group :)

Dear France

Find attached: Suzie

Love,

SARU

French players said they've been talking about it this week. Not so easy to set up according to them. They have rejected eccentric ideas and dont want to do something disrespectful to Haka (Harinordoquy said) .
So wait & see ;)

Latest posts