• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011: THE FINAL!!! France vs. New Zealand

Who bloody cares! some of yous are a bit sensitive on this forum, It's Final's day people, grab a drink, get a slut, tie her up. Let's drop the humble acts and get behind our teams eah?!!

Not sure about the "get a slut, tie her up" bit unless it means something different in your part of the world ;) but otherwise I couldn't agree more--and I wish I were able to do just that... Here in the US, it's 11 pm my time (Eastern coast). The final isn't until 4 am, middle of the night and PPV if you really want to catch it... Otherwise, 3 pm tomorrow on NBC. Two young kids here (so I need all the sleep I can get) and no cash to pay for PPV--meaning I'll just have to wait until close to 12 hrs after the match has been played to watch it, hoping the family doesn't call from France in the meantime to tell me how bad we were crushed or how we pulled the upset of the century...

That being said, even 12 hrs after our probable demise , I'll be rooting for Les Bleus as hard as I can, drink in hand, "slut tied up", and everything...

Had a few now eh Jake? Keep 'em coming sport-if the game is boring at least this forum won't be!

Ha! I haven't had any yet bro (surprise), been sussing my plan of attack for the night. Which pretty much includes, mass amounts of alcohol, a glass pipe, and a bag of P

Jokes aside, I won't be on here posting from about.. now onwards, Sorry mate. My Liver starts work in about 40minutes!

Getting all cranked up for that one. Going to watch it with some kiwi, pommies and aussie mates at the pub, face paint and all.... Succeeded to turn some pom to support the french heh heh. Little though for my mum (french) and my stepdad (a kiwi) who will be watching it from new caledonia. Allez les bleeeeuuuuuuuuuuuss! And may the best team (on the day!) win ;)

Ha! I haven't had any yet bro (surprise), been sussing my plan of attack for the night. Which pretty much includes, mass amounts of alcohol, a glass pipe, and a bag of P

Jokes aside, I won't be on here posting from about.. now onwards, Sorry mate. My Liver starts work in about 40minutes!
lol. Dont abuse too much though, you still need a few working brain cells to analyse live footage :p Have fun.

Yeahhh buddy. Your liver will be happy it's a public holiday tomorrow, even for WINZ :D

All the best for ABs. Decided to go to the pub to watch it with some Kiwi mates, ANZAC brotherhood and all. Someone'll probably mention Quade and we'll all end up hating each other by fulltime.:cool:

There's an air of arrogance throughout NZ tonight. Hopefully it hasn't rubbed off on the players. As much as i'd like us to pull off a performance like the Bulls did in the 09 SUper final I'll remain modest and respect this very unpredictable french team. People seem to have forgotten our so-so performance agianst Argentina only a couple of weeks back. The french forwards and scrum are lightyears ahead of the Aussies, and all thoughout the tournament their backs have looked the best of all the northern hemisphere teams.

THe longer the FRench stay in the game the more dangerous it is for the ABs; We still haven't been put under the sufficient pressure for mine, so if the game's still alive in the last 10 my money would actually be on the French.

While I was infinitely calmer last week than I was this week, with so little time until kickoff I'm starting to get nervous again. I'll be absolutely devastated and inconsolable if we lose this.

I think you are confusing arrogance with cofidence, my opinion is that Kiwi's are supporting the All Blacks because they desperately want to win the cup but I am also prepared to bet that there is not one single person out there that does not know what the French team are capable of and have that fear in the back of their mind.

As for arrogance well the important thing to remember is that it is not Graham Henry, Ritchie McCaw or for that matter any of the All Blacks that are writing the news reports and editorials and for the most part they are being written by foreign jounalists covering the cup.

In the end the best team on the day will win the cup, whether that is New Zealand or France I have no idea (I am hoping it is New Zealand) but as long as the game is played well and one to remember I really don't care what the outcome is.

I honestly think NZers get a hard time when we talk up our All Blacks. Why shouldn't we be able to be proud of them?
We have the best record in the history of the sport. Win or lose tonight and we can still be proud of them

I think people get a bit confused spotting the difference between confidence and arrogance.

Chris Rattue is arrogant. Most NZ fans are confident, we know nothing's guaranteed tonight but we think our team should be favourites.

You talk a lot of sense mate, a man after my own heart..... GO ALLBLACKS !!!!!!!!

Yes that's arrogant because you're implying nobody can beat your team when they play well.

Honestly. If that post is considered arrogant than anything could be considered arrogant. He just said that he hopes the All Blacks play well and if they do then they will probably win. If we criticize someone who posts an opinion saying that their team should win then you are just encouraging people not to post their true opinions and to try and post what will most please the team they are playing. That is political correctness gone mad. I like that this forum has members from different nations and the French members here certainly give us in New Zealand a different perspective. Generally, we hear little about France and never see their newspaper articles about rugby. However, if we can't even tell jokes about the game or have some light banter then that really effects my enjoyment of the forum. I also post on other forums and I feel like on here I have to check myself to make sure I don't offend other people. That is good to an extent but if taken too far you lose the whole point of actually coming to a forum - to find out people's true opinions.

I'm going for France. As soon as NZ win the world cup they will no longer feel the same kind of pressure and probably win the next 3!

I'm going for France. As soon as NZ win the world cup they will no longer feel the same kind of pressure and probably win the next 3!

Indeed, if no one else buckles up, it could be a while before another team wins.

Mon the Auld Alliance, ge' intae 'em ya bunch of 'ill-disciplined, selfish and such' late-nighters.

I must ask, why do the Maori that summon the teams wear (or not at all :p ) all traditional gear, but also wear a headphone (or something)

What on earth do they use that for? It spoils it a little for me, nothing significant just interested why they are used (please don't say so they can communicate)

Yes France!
The IRB aren't going to be happy about them breaking their own 10m and then the ABs